Post a reply

I went to the Snooker Legends last night

Postby SnookerFan

For those of you who might be interested, Ronnie won 5-3 over Jimmy. And scored a 147 in one frame.

In other big news, the two youngsters that won the raffle could actually play a bit, which made a change for the usually twonks that win that, who've just entered them because they want people to look at them.

And Virgo got a bit pissy at a drunk bloke who was heckling him. But, to be fair, the guy was a bit of an idiot. (The drunk bloke, not Virgo.)

Re: I went to the Snooker Legends last night

Postby Witz78

What a hypocrit. U hate Ronnie, u hate Jimmy, u hate Virgo, u hate exhibitions so why go?
And u dont honestly believe that the 'raffle' is random do you?
:ymca: The one i was at, Tabbs sons 'won' it and got to play...

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:What a hypocrit. U hate Ronnie, u hate Jimmy, u hate Virgo, u hate exhibitions so why go?
And u dont honestly believe that the 'raffle' is random do you?
:ymca: The one i was at, Tabbs sons 'won' it and got to play...

I don't hate Jimmy, I like Jimmy. Where on Earth did you get the idea I hate Jimmy from? Also, this is like the fourth exhbition event I've been to in like three years and Jimmy's played at them all. <doh>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 18 Jun 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:And for anyone interested here are some pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 9d14a77089

and for anyone thinking that only "not real snooker fans" go to these… Chris Downer (The Statsman) and Kellie Barker (KellieText) were there as well ;-)

I thought I saw you wondering around. I wasn't sure, because it was a good few rows back. :D

Postby SnookerFan

And when it comes to the raffle, I had never really given it much thought before last night. But the guy who won, walked down and handed it to some kid who was stood by the table. A few people around me went; "Aaah, he's letting his son play." But he clearly wasn't the guys son, because he wasn't sat with the guy.

The kid (who must've been about 12 or 13) and pulled out several decent pots. And when it came down to the colours, managed to pot yellow, green, brown and blue before narrowly missing the pink.

So, yeah, there was clearly something more than some guy letting his son play. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

John From London Town wrote:Looks like a good night was had. Nice one.

Must confess, I waned a bit towards the end. I was still a bit hungover from Saturday, so was a bit tired. But other than that, good stuff.

And though, like my good friend Witz pointed out, I'm not the biggest Ronnie fan, I thought I couldn't turn it down. Less than ten minutes walk from my house. It was good to see a 147 again, good to Michaela as always. Apparently, she lost one of her shoes on the way back waiting at East Croydon station.

Pity Jimmy didn't win, but still. Gives me something to watch before the Wuxi Classic started. :D

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:For those of you who might be interested, Ronnie won 5-3 over Jimmy. And scored a 147 in one frame.

In other big news, the two youngsters that won the raffle could actually play a bit, which made a change for the usually twonks that win that, who've just entered them because they want people to look at them.

And Virgo got a bit pissy at a drunk bloke who was heckling him. But, to be fair, the guy was a bit of an idiot. (The drunk bloke, not Virgo.)

The buffoon who heckled Virgo was probably you.

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:For those of you who might be interested, Ronnie won 5-3 over Jimmy. And scored a 147 in one frame.

why didnt you go you cockney banker, seeing as this was held in cockney city of London :wave:

Postby Muppet147

Smart wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

why didnt you go you cockney banker, seeing as this was held in cockney city of London :wave:

Croydon is a nightmare to get to. And I didn't even know the exhibition was taking place.

(You dimwit runt.)

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
Smart wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Croydon is a nightmare to get to. And I didn't even know the exhibition was taking place.

(You dimwit runt.)

tw@t :wave:

Postby Wildey

it would be better if Ronnie played proper snooker not these bucking crappy rubbish

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

Must confess, I waned a bit towards the end. I was still a bit hungover from Saturday, so was a bit tired. But other than that, good stuff.

And though, like my good friend Witz pointed out, I'm not the biggest Ronnie fan, I thought I couldn't turn it down. Less than ten minutes walk from my house. It was good to see a 147 again, good to Michaela as always. Apparently, she lost one of her shoes on the way back waiting at East Croydon station.

Pity Jimmy didn't win, but still. Gives me something to watch before the Wuxi Classic started. :D

so it was 50 yards away then :wave:

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:

So when are you giving Michaela her shoe back?

Postby Wildey

i like the way Ronnie goes on these Legend Nights and Goes on its Been Great to meet the fans.

how about Meeting fans in Australia if he gets a Buzz out of Meeting Fans.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:

Nice break from Ronnie. I liked the way Virgo kept trying to shush the audience when he was the one making all the noise with his moronic commentary. Speaking of morons, I see the village idiot Wild is still moaning about Ronnie.

Postby Sickpotter

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Nice break from Ronnie. I liked the way Virgo kept trying to shush the audience when he was the one making all the noise with his moronic commentary. Speaking of morons, I see the village idiot Wild is still moaning about Ronnie.

Don't worry, the job's still up for grabs and you won't even have to resign from your current village :john:

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its not moaning

if meeting the fans what he likes buck off to Australia see some new fans .

Postby Muppet147

Wild WC wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its not moaning

Why should he fly all the way to Australia for some minor tournament? It's his choice, not yours.

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its not moaning

Why should he fly all the way to Australia for some minor tournament? It's his choice, not yours.

would you like to be shagged by Ronnie :chin:

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its not moaning

because hes supose to be a flag barer and World champion

the World don't stop when he leaves essex