Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:They get no ranking points but I assume they must get prize money

Well I'm not sure about that. Wildcards don't get any.

they are not Wild Cards

Wild Cards are picked at random these players qualified to be next in line a wild card could be given to Tony Knowles.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Monique wrote:
Sonny wrote:They get no ranking points but I assume they must get prize money

Well I'm not sure about that. Wildcards don't get any.

they are not Wild Cards

Wild Cards are picked at random these players qualified to be next in line a wild card could be given to Tony Knowles.

1. Wilcards are not picked at random. In the Australian Open there is a qualifying event. In China, they are chosen going by their performances in their national events.
2. I hope that those amateurs get some money, but I'm not sure they do given that wildcards don't, and it would be interesting to get an answer that that question.

Postby Wildey

Jack Lisowski 5-2 Dave Harold
Mark King 2-2 Nigel Bond
Marcus Campbell 4-0 Anthony McGill
Tom Ford 3-2 James Wattana
Michael Holt 4-2 Liam Highfield

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So there is no point whatsoever in the Q School draw fillers playing then.

Money does make the World go round however any snooker player worth anything would die to have a crack at top level snooker.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:So there is no point whatsoever in the Q School draw fillers playing then.

Money does make the World go round however any snooker player worth anything would die to have a crack at top level snooker.

take that guy Wild today, imagine hed won, hed need to be crazy to fork out 5k to go to Australia knowing he couldnt earn a penny over there plus would prob be shunted to a non tv table against some wildcard amateur.

anyway i dont believe for one minute that these amateurs dont get a penny in prize money if they reach the 3rd qualifying round where it kicks in for most events.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

take that guy Wild today, imagine hed won, hed need to be crazy to fork out 5k to go to Australia knowing he couldnt earn a penny over there plus would prob be shunted to a non tv table against some wildcard amateur.

anyway i dont believe for one minute that these amateurs dont get a penny in prize money if they reach the 3rd qualifying round where it kicks in for most events.

Yup they do get payed lets ask someone on twitter lol