Post a reply

AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO TIERED V FLAT QUALIFYING SYSTEMS

Postby Witz78

F.A.O. WILD and any other doubters <ok>

heres a simplistic way of comparing the 2 qualifying systems

TIERED SYSTEM
Under the current system the tour newcomers start at the bottom of the mountain and have to race 1/4 of the way up the mountain against a fellow young gun.
If they win that race they immediately have to race with a guy whos waiting for them at the 1/4 mark in a race to the halfway mark.
And then if they win that race theres a guy at the halfway point waiting to race them to the 3/4 mark
and finally if they win a 3rd race, theres a guy waiting at the 3/4 point waiting to race them to the top and reach the venue.

Its literally a mountain to climb.

FLAT SYSTEM
Under this system everyone starts at the same starting point and its a flat level playing field, the first 50% of runners over the line go into the 2nd race and then the first 50% of runners over the line in the 2nd race make it to the venue.

the finishing line is in sight for all and this makes progress seem a more realistic prospect for younger players.

Re: AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO TIERED V FLAT QUALIFYING SYSTEMS

Postby Wildey

i get that BUT TWATTY bucking rubbish

EXPLAIN HOW THE bucking HELL BEATING PLAYERS IN THE TOP 64 UNDER FLAT SYSTEM WILL BE bucking EASIER THAN BEATING PLAYERS LOWER DOWN THE bucking BASTARD bucking RANKINGS YOU HALF WITTED bucking HORSE rubbish

Postby JIMO96

Lol great analogy Witz. You just know some people here are way too thick to take it in, though.

Why the WSA need 4 rounds(!) to reduce a field from 96 to 32 is beyond me. The guys who don't have to play in all of these rounds even get points for the privilege! Talk about adding insult to injury!

Some dimwit asked in another thread how the current system is biased when a high percentage of players this season have lost their first match, and therefore "only" got half points. BECAUSE IN A FAIR SYSTEM, THEY'D HAVE GOT NO POINTS, MUPPET!

Postby Skullman

We get it Witz. What I've been saying is that while the young guns have less matches to play to get to a venue, they'll have to face tougher competition. Right now they might have to face an another new player or one of the worse journeymen. Under the new flat 128 they'll have to beat top seeds or the better journeymen. The young guns still won't make the venue if they're not good enough to beat who's in front of them. If you're struggling against Lawler, what chnace will you have against a top64 player?

PS For the record I'm for the flat 128 system. I just don't think it'll clear out the deadwood like you think it will.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:i get that BUT TWATTY bucking rubbish

EXPLAIN HOW THE bucking HELL BEATING PLAYERS IN THE TOP 64 UNDER FLAT SYSTEM WILL BE bucking EASIER THAN BEATING PLAYERS LOWER DOWN THE bucking BASTARD bucking RANKINGS YOU HALF WITTED bucking HORSE rubbish

<doh>

it really is a waste of time trying to get anything through the wax in your ears :gag:

i think ill have to do another idiots guide to help explain that to you :dizzy:

Postby Muppet147

Wild WC wrote:i get that BUT TWATTY bucking rubbish

Please book yourself into the loony bin at your earliest opportunity. <ok>

Postby roy142857

Wild WC wrote:i get that BUT TWATTY little kittens playing donkey doo

EXPLAIN HOW THE little kittens playing HELL BEATING PLAYERS IN THE TOP 64 UNDER FLAT SYSTEM WILL BE little kittens playing EASIER THAN BEATING PLAYERS LOWER DOWN THE little kittens playing chameleon little kittens playing RANKINGS YOU HALF WITTED little kittens playing HORSE donkey doo

With a flat 128 system you don't HAVE to seed all of the top 64 of course, seems to me that seeding just the top 32 would be less protective.

Not sure whether Witz wants the top 64 seeded (Witz?)

For the Worlds I'd like to see the defending champion and the top 15 for the season (a current one year list) decide who automatically gets a place at the Crucible, to better guarantee a place for the season's form players (In a Tour of 128 players, take the best 16 amateurs in PTCs and add them to a flat 128 field of all the other players and play down to 16 players from there).

Postby Wildey

yes But Roy you play a season get Ranking Points to earn a seeding Position then that's thrown out of the water there's really no point having Ranking Events at this rate.

Players down the ranking needs GOALS to aim for Top 32 is so Far away wheres the motivation to Aim For..

Just do Random FA Cup Draws every tournament.