Post a reply

Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 12th~Friday 15th of June

In it Second year The Australian Goldfields Open Returns but some Well Known Faces are Missing Ronnie O'Sullivan the World Champion included and this week the Gaps in the Draw will be filled by Amateurs and Ex Main Tour Players on the Q School Rankings. This Week 9 Players Allan Taylor,Mitchell Mann,Adrian Gunnell,Michael Wild,Fraser Patrick,Duane Jones,Lee Spick and Jeff Cundy Taking their place in the Main Draw Playing On the First Day against Main Tour Players for a chance of making the trip to Bendigo,Australia to play the Likes of Former World Champion Neil Robertson,World Number 1 Mark Selby and Defending Champion Stuart Bingham.

A Big Chance for Someone.

Who will Grab this chance ?.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

These Token places on tour has to stop its bloody useless and pointless having Australian Pros getting hammered while there's better Amateur players that failed to get on tour in Q School.

Probably Robbos Brother will do a better job of it on the Pro Tour than Ben Judge if Q School was any indication

then you got Hossein Vafaei Ayouri not turning up at the last minute so there's bucking Walk overs which Q School was meant to plug gaps in the draw.

Give Spots to real players not bucking token rubbish.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 12th of June

10am

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5-0 Allan Taylor
Hossein Vafaei Ayouri scr Mitchell Mann w/o
Ben Judge 0-5 Robbie Williams
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 5-1 Adrian Gunnell
Daniel Wells 0-5 Michael Wild
Cao Yupeng 5-2 Paul Davison

Postby kenneth79

Wild WC wrote:These Token places on tour has to stop its bloody useless and pointless having Australian Pros getting hammered while there's better Amateur players that failed to get on tour in Q School.

Probably Robbos Brother will do a better job of it on the Pro Tour than Ben Judge if Q School was any indication

then you got Hossein Vafaei Ayouri not turning up at the last minute so there's little kittens playing Walk overs which Q School was meant to plug gaps in the draw.

Give Spots to real players not little kittens playing token donkey doo.

Wild, for all we know there might be Visa problems for the Iranian lad. Remember unLucky Vatnani last year? I think Vafaei is a good prospect. I mean at 17 hes won the World Am and Asian Under 21.

I agree with you about the Oceania, African and Canadian nominations. Totally useless, they dont have the quality.

Postby kenneth79

Sonny wrote:The Canadian nomination was quality until The Lion turned the card down.

He was never going to accept. What would you choose? Be a top dog in pool and earn fairly big money in your own back yard or move to England and start at the bottom in snooker with little/no prize money?

Postby Wildey

kenneth79 wrote:
Sonny wrote:The Canadian nomination was quality until The Lion turned the card down.

He was never going to accept. What would you choose? Be a top dog in pool and earn fairly big money in your own back yard or move to England and start at the bottom in snooker with little/no prize money?

at his age no contest hes 36 this month.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So are ROS, JH and MJW

they did not have a successful pool playing career at 36 did they then decide to up sticks for pastures new and start all over again lol

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I wonder if Lee Spick will turn up tonight given that this http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/lee-spick-a ... -1-4633748 is in the press today.

the most surprising thing about that is that someone reported on his pending retirement lol

and after all he accepted a invitational to play only last week.

Postby Sickpotter

kenneth79 wrote:

Alex was the WC for 9-ball. You know what he got for winning that? Something like 50k (about 35,000 pounds).

The money in pool is chicken feed compared to snooker and as far as his "own backyard", Alex travels quite extensively, no major 9-ball events occur in Canada.

While Alex would have to start at the bottom I'm certain he'd go deep enough in events (even in his first year) to make better money than he could with 9-ball.

The 9-ball tour is not well run....more accurately put it's really quite shady. It took Alex almost a year to get paid out for his WC win :gag:

On that note, it's funny to see people harping about how hard it is to make a living for the lower ranked players in snooker. People should stop comparing snooker to golf and tennis, they should compare it to other cue sports. That would help them appreciate the opportunities given to the snooker players and help them understand how pathetic it is to see young snooker players whining about travel and expenses. :john:

I haven't gone into the issue with Alex in depth but his basic statement is that he doesn't have time. I see him almost daily right now as he's playing the Canadian championships (FYI he's already won the 8-ball championship, is deep in the 9-ball and has won his first two round-robin snooker matches 4-0/4-1) and usually suggest he move to snooker full time at least once.

IMO Alex is somewhat worried how his skills will hold up against players who've spent their life devoted solely to snooker. He feels that some of his bad habits picked up from 9-ball will hurt him against the snooker elite and that's a very reasonable concern. BUT, I truly believe Alex could make the adjustment and would do well, he just needs to play in an event or two to see it.

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:
kenneth79 wrote:

Alex was the WC for 9-ball. You know what he got for winning that? Something like 50k (about 35,000 pounds).

The money in pool is chicken feed compared to snooker.

While Alex would have to start at the bottom I'm certain he'd go deep enough in events (even in his first year) to make better money than he could with 9-ball.

The 9-ball tour is not well run....more accurately put it's really quite shady. It took Alex almost a year to get paid out for his WC win :gag:

It's funny to see people harping about how hard it is to make a living for the lower ranked players in snooker. People should stop comparing snooker to golf and tennis, they should compare it to other cue sports. That would help them appreciate the opportunities given to the snooker players and help them understand how pathetic it is to see young snooker players whining about travel and expenses. :john:

now that is a eye opener to say the least.

Postby kenneth79

Sickpotter wrote:
kenneth79 wrote:

The money in pool is chicken feed compared to snooker.

It's funny to see people harping about how hard it is to make a living for the lower ranked players in snooker. People should stop comparing snooker to golf and tennis, they should compare it to other cue sports. That would help them appreciate the opportunities given to the snooker players and help them understand how pathetic it is to see young snooker players whining about travel and expenses. :john:

Then why didnt he accept? Was it the moving to England bit?

Also wasnt 9-Ball WC Matchroom Sport Promoted ie Hearn at that time (04 i think) ? Perhaps that stings a bit still?

Postby Sickpotter

I don't believe Hearn had anything to do with the 9-ball WC. Given his track record of running sporting events and paying players promptly I find it virtually impossible.

I think Alex just needs some exposure to top notch snooker events to see how he measures up. Once he has a more accurate assessment of his skills against top players he'll be better able to make the decision.

Postby kenneth79

Sickpotter wrote:I don't believe Hearn had anything to do with the 9-ball WC. Given his track record of running sporting events and paying players promptly I find it virtually impossible.

I think Alex just needs some exposure to top notch snooker events to see how he measures up. Once he has a more accurate assessment of his skills against top players he'll be better able to make the decision.

Ive checked a bit and between 99-07 the WPA World 9-Ball was promoted byMatchroom as the World Pool Championship so Hearn DID promote the 04 edition held in Taipei. Ive also seen a picture of Alex singing karaoke with Barry from this event celebrating his win.

Postby Sickpotter

Not sure just because Hearn was involved in promoting the event he was involved with payouts/ actual running of the event.

As I mentioned, Hearn has an excellent record when it comes to paying the players so I find it unlikely.

I could be wrong, it's just my opinion but it does fly in the face of Hearn's record in the world of professional sports.

Alex is a karaoke fanatic :chuckle: .....what is it with Asians and karaoke? :shrug:

Postby kenneth79

Sickpotter wrote:Not sure just because Hearn was involved in promoting the event he was involved with payouts/ actual running of the event.

As I mentioned, Hearn has an excellent record when it comes to paying the players so I find it unlikely.

I could be wrong, it's just my opinion but it does fly in the face of Hearn's record in the world of professional sports.

Alex is a karaoke fanatic :chuckle: .....what is it with Asians and karaoke? :shrug:

Dont know about the pay-outs.
Alex is playing the Canadian Champs this week. Already won 8-Ball. Right now playing 9-Ball and Snooker. He won snooker last year whitewashing Ziegler I think in the finals. I watched this triumph on streaming last year and he has talent. Its a pity if he doesnt give snooker a real go if there is so little money in pool as you say.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 12th of June

2.30pm

Sam Baird 5-0 Jamie O'Neill
Chen Zhe 1-5 Michael Wasley
Tian Pengfei 5-1 Joel Walker
Zhang Anda 3-5 Fraser Patrick
Ian Burns 5-2 Sean O'Sulllivan

Postby Witz78

has the Canadian guy who replaced Alex Pagyulan (?) as the America nomination played any games yet?

hes 54 year old, total waste of a tour place that was. No doubt hell give up coming over after a few pumpings, thats if he even bothers coming to play at all

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:has the Canadian guy who replaced Alex Pagyulan (?) as the America nomination played any games yet?

hes 54 year old, total waste of a tour place that was. No doubt hell give up coming over after a few pumpings, thats if he even bothers coming to play at all

yes thats a total waste of time might as well give Kirk Stevens a call or even the Grinder.