Post a reply

Re: ROS timeout

Postby SnookerFan

Just saw that on Twitter. The most telling thing is, he's not even entered the Premier League. A tournament he loves, makes shit-loads of money out of and can win with his eyes closed.

Postby kenneth79

SnookerFan wrote:Just saw that on Twitter. The most telling thing is, he's not even entered the Premier League. A tournament he loves, makes shit-loads of money out of and can win with his eyes closed.

Also he will NOT be able to enter any tournaments unless he signs the player contract. I dont know the contents of that so I cant say if its onerous or not

Postby Wildey

in my opinion its quite simple take all the break you want and bring back some Blackpool Rock if you going up there However if that Contract not signed by first Ball of the Wuxi Classic Proper then his season is over and CANT PLAY Until Next years Contract is on his desk.

Postby Casey

So is he taking a year out? Can he sign the players contact in 6 months and play in the events after that? I would be surprised if we didn't see him at the Uk and Masters.

P.S - John Higgins now a cert to be in the premier league.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:He will play UK Champs, Barry will forge his signature :-D

the only person in snooker with a bigger ego than Ronnie is Barry Hearn he will prove snooker dont need ronnie and see that as a challange.

Postby Smart

I could not give a rubbish about Premier League, its as low on my priorities as it can be. Even if ROS takes a year off, he will get bored and be back - just dont think he will have enough to stop the boredom setting in. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:I could not give a rubbish about Premier League, its as low on my priorities as it can be. Even if ROS takes a year off, he will get bored and be back - just dont think he will have enough to stop the boredom setting in. <ok>

i think its cutting off his nose to spite his face hes using the PL as some sort of barganing tool but we all know it wont work with hearn.

Postby Skullman

If he wants to not enter, let him. The game can survive without him, but I'm not sure he can survive without the game.

Postby Alpha

Take it with a pinch of salt really, O'Sullivan did warn after the Crucible that he would take a six month break. All he's done is actually followed through with what he said he'd do.

Postby Wildey

Alpha wrote:Take it with a pinch of salt really, O'Sullivan did warn after the Crucible that he would take a six month break. All he's done is actually followed through with what he said he'd do.

no hes refused to sign his contract until he does hes not eligable to play snooker on tour even if he wants to.

Postby Alpha

Wild WC wrote:
Alpha wrote:Take it with a pinch of salt really, O'Sullivan did warn after the Crucible that he would take a six month break. All he's done is actually followed through with what he said he'd do.

no hes refused to sign his contract until he does hes not eligable to play snooker on tour even if he wants to.

He just wants a break. When he feels up to coming back, he'll sign the contract and he'll come back. It's just a clash of O'Sullivan's and Hearn's enormous egos.

Postby Wildey

Alpha wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

He just wants a break. When he feels up to coming back, he'll sign the contract and he'll come back. It's just a clash of O'Sullivan's and Hearn's enormous egos.

well thats a bit stupid isnt it lol

Hes Entitled to sign his contract now and take the break until hes ready to play

Toys out of Pram springs to mind so if hes Making a stand now regarding Signing his contract and when hes ready the stand hes taking will Fizzle out to Nothing rofl rofl

Postby Witz78

wonder what the contract says tho Wild?

maybe it forces players to enter tournaments instead of being free to pick and choose events, so Ronnies almost doing this as some sort of protest or stance cos the players to quote Monique "are being blackmailed into playing"

after all, why wouldnt he sign the contract otherwise??

Postby Sickpotter

The contract specifies player comittments and Ronnie isn't willing to abide by it plain and simple.

I don't believe he can skip 6 months, sign the contract and be allowed in for the rest of the season if the contract contains player obligations that occur in the missed 6 months. If that was the case any player who didn't like a specific obligation would just refuse to sign until the problem obligation was done.

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:The contract specifies player comittments and Ronnie isn't willing to abide by it plain and simple.

I don't believe he can skip 6 months, sign the contract and be allowed in for the rest of the season if the contract contains player obligations that occur in the missed 6 months. If that was the case any player who didn't like a specific obligation would just refuse to sign until the problem obligation was done.

i thought the players had freedom to pick and choose their events now though?

as far as im concerned they should be able to pick and choose what they play in, its their loss ranking and money wise if they opt to skip events.

Postby Alpha

Wild WC wrote:
Alpha wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

well thats a bit stupid isnt it lol

Hes Entitled to sign his contract now and take the break until hes ready to play

Toys out of Pram springs to mind so if hes Making a stand now regarding Signing his contract and when hes ready the stand hes taking will Fizzle out to Nothing rofl rofl[/quo

Like Witz has said, we don't know what these player contracts actually say. Don't know why the Rocket can't just sign the contract and just not enter events until he wants to come back.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:wonder what the contract says tho Wild?

maybe it forces players to enter tournaments instead of being free to pick and choose events, so Ronnies almost doing this as some sort of protest or stance cos the players to quote Monique "are being blackmailed into playing"

to start with why would Barry issue the Q School Rankings if he wanted all players to play all the time he expects players to pick and choose thats why he dont want blank spaces in draws.

Postby Alpha

Witz78 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:The contract specifies player comittments and Ronnie isn't willing to abide by it plain and simple.

as far as im concerned they should be able to pick and choose what they play in, its their loss ranking and money wise if they opt to skip events.

You'd think it would be that easy but the broadcasters would probably have something to say about that.

Postby Wildey

Alpha wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

You'd think it would be that easy but the broadcasters would probably have something to say about that.

well that means flat 128 draw will never happen then.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:

to start with why would Barry issue the Q School Rankings if he wanted all players to play all the time he expects players to pick and choose thats why he dont want blank spaces in draws.

true

so whys Ronnie not signed then Sherlock Jones? :shrug:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

true

so whys Ronnie not signed then Sherlock Jones? :shrug:

Basicly he wants More freedome to play Lucrative Money spinning exhos possibly even Televised or streamed that wont happen without WPBSA Sanctions if he signs the Contract.

im with Sickpotter if he dont sign now then hes out until May next year and free to play rubbish for cash if that what he wants.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Alpha wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

well that means flat 128 draw will never happen then.

i dont think broadcasters can demand certain players are in certain events to be honest

sure they can demand the top 16 are there but if the top 16 players wanna drop out then so be it

given time, the flat 128 will be phased in though, or if not then a transition with say only the top 8 getting seeded to venue and more qualifying places being available will occur.

for 112 players to have to fight it out for 16 places at a venue alongside the top 16 would be farcial and mean players basically outwith the top 16 would on average make a venue once every 7 events <doh>

Postby Wildey

and Just Remember who is no longer on Tour

a Ronnie v Hendry exho in china would be worth a few bob.

Postby Witz78

whats your thoughts on a season with no Ronnie then Wild?

i know you dont like him and say snooker can survive without him (which i almost agree with to an extent) but is it really good for the progress and growth of the sport, for the World Champion to be absent all season.

Postby Roland

Of course it's not good but at the end of the day it's Ronnie's fault for not signing the contract. I wonder what part of it he disagrees with. He may think other players agree with him but they don't agree enough to boycot signing the contract do they? I don't know why he doesn't just sign it and be done with it then play in the UK and Worlds if that's all he wants to play in.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Of course it's not good but at the end of the day it's Ronnie's fault for not signing the contract. I wonder what part of it he disagrees with. He may think other players agree with him but they don't agree enough to boycot signing the contract do they? I don't know why he doesn't just sign it and be done with it then play in the UK and Worlds if that's all he wants to play in.

See my posts above.

@witz his decition persanally i wont miss him that much but id prefere if he played and acted like a World Champion not a 2 year old in a toy shop <ok>