Post a reply

Ding gets fined

Postby SnookerFan

For anybody who is interested, Ding got fined for his :shock: use of the F-Word in his Sheffield press conference.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 51,00.html

"WPBSA Statement - Ding Junhui06th June 2012
Ding Junhui has been fined £250 and warned as to his future conduct by the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee. This relates to him swearing in his live press conference on 25th April 2012 at the Betfred.com World Championship.
This is contrary to rule 1.1
1.1 Members shall, at all times (i.e. whether at a Tournament or not), behave in a proper and correct manner consistent with their status as professional sportsmen. "

Re: Ding gets fined

Postby Roland

About 4 days behind the rest of us as usual SnookerFan :santa:

His was the most amusing use of the word bucking and he should've been let off because of it. He was being a sulky child because he lost and it was funny, nothing bad in it. It's obviously hanging around snooker clubs that he picked up the word anyway.

Postby Skullman

At least World Snooker officially announced it now instead of leaving it for Dave Hendon to do. Publicly announce them all or none. No pick and mix.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:About 4 days behind the rest of us as usual SnookerFan :santa:

His was the most amusing use of the word bucking and he should've been let off because of it. He was being a sulky child because he lost and it was funny, nothing bad in it. It's obviously hanging around snooker clubs that he picked up the word anyway.

Skullman wrote:At least World Snooker officially announced it now instead of leaving it for Dave Hendon to do. Publicly announce them all or none. No pick and mix.

And as usual, my apologies. rofl Just putting it up now as it appeared on the World Snooker website just this morning, and after a (rather quick) look in new topics didn't see it mentioned, so assumed it was new news. So blame World Snooker.

What do people make of it being £250? Too little? Okay for a 'first offence' that nobody took seriously anyway?

Postby Skullman

£250 is fine for a first time offence. £3000 is excessive for MJW. £1000 tops.

Postby Wildey

you cant pick and choose on the amusement value of saying bucking <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

but i think people has to be lenient moments after a bad result for a player.

id rather see someone angry than laughing after a defeat i say fine the laughing a defeat should hurt and hurt badly.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:

you cant pick and choose on the amusement value of saying bucking <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

but i think people has to be lenient moments after a bad result for a player.

id rather see someone angry than laughing after a defeat i say fine the laughing a defeat should hurt and hurt badly.

I agree.

I mean, lets be honest, was anybody on here offended by Ding? I found it amusing, as did many.

However, it's not the governing body's job to assess how funny the F-Word is. If you're not allowed to swear in a press conference, you've got to fine people when they do it.

Postby kenneth79

Williams got 3k [bit excessive I think] because he probably has been warned about twitter comments before and also it wasnt said in the heat of the moment as Dings transgressions was. Also I cant see anything other than a ban for Allen given the racist nature of his comments.

Postby SnookerFan

kenneth79 wrote:Williams got 3k [bit excessive I think] because he probably has been warned about twitter comments before and also it wasnt said in the heat of the moment as Dings transgressions was. Also I cant see anything other than a ban for Allen given the racist nature of his comments.

We live in hope.

Postby Witz78

World Snooker obviously trying to prove they arent racist so they didnt hammer Ding with a big fine

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:For anybody who is interested, Ding got fined for his :shock: use of the F-Word in his Sheffield press conference.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 51,00.html

"WPBSA Statement - Ding Junhui06th June 2012
Ding Junhui has been fined £250 and warned as to his future conduct by the Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee. This relates to him swearing in his live press conference on 25th April 2012 at the Betfred.com World Championship.
This is contrary to rule 1.1
1.1 Members shall, at all times (i.e. whether at a Tournament or not), behave in a proper and correct manner consistent with their status as professional sportsmen. "

And in other news the Queen is about to celebrate 60 years on the throne :weeds:

the first you must read the news is when youve finished eating your daily bag of chips #yesterdaysnews :dizzy: :wave: :hmmm: <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:thanks S/fan, excellent thread :D <ok> :D <ok>

Thank you, sir. :bowdown: Excellent contribution.

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<cool>

:limp2:

get a room you pair :ymca:

on 2nd thoughts, yous better get 2 rooms, doubt Simples would fit in one room :fart:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<cool>

:limp2:

get a room you pair :ymca:

on 2nd thoughts, yous better get 2 rooms, doubt Simples would fit in one room :fart:

He never returns my calls. :sad: