Post a reply

Mark Williams fined

Postby Dannyboy

£3,000 plus another £1,000 towards the cost of the hearing. rofl :td:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 68,00.html

For goodness sake! All he said was that he didn't like the Crucible Theatre. Its an opinion! Sporting organisations have got to learn to be a bit more thick skinned and a little less precious. Its supposed to be free speech.

Re: Mark Williams fined

Postby Smart

Dannyboy wrote:£3,000 plus another £1,000 towards the cost of the hearing. rofl :td:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 68,00.html

For goodness sake! All he said was that he didn't like the Crucible Theatre. Its an opinion! Sporting organisations have got to learn to be a bit more thick skinned and a little less precious. Its supposed to be free speech.

excellent decision - although I would of made him do community service as well and banned him from using the internet for the next 10 years as well.......he clearly does not know how to use it sensibly like us. <ok>

Postby Witz78

god knows what World Snooker would have fined this guy for these comments then haha

(and nice to see Steve Davis making an appearance too :D

Postby Roland

His sense of humour can be misinterpreted on twitter I guess. It's a bit steep, he apologised to Crucible staff so that should've been the end of it really.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:His sense of humour can be misinterpreted on twitter I guess. It's a bit steep,he apologised to Crucible staff so that should've been the end of it really.

he said he does not like the crucible, and then apologises to the staff, what about the fans who attend and think its the best thing since sliced bread.......he should be booed every time he returns. I booed him this year. <ok>

Postby Roland

:roll:

I cheered, he's a legend.

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:His sense of humour can be misinterpreted on twitter I guess. It's a bit steep,he apologised to Crucible staff so that should've been the end of it really.

he said he does not like the crucible, and then apologises to the staff, what about the fans who attend and think its the best thing since sliced bread.......he should be booed every time he returns. I booed him this year. <ok>

hes just a hypocrit and a wuss for going back on his word and apologising for what he says

Allen is the same, if you aint gonna stand by what you say, then dont say it in the first place <doh>

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:

hes just a hypocrit and a wuss for going back on his word and apologising for what he says

Allen is the same, if you aint gonna stand by what you say, then dont say it in the first place <doh>

yeah, I have always thought formula one is total shoite and people who like it are total bankers, I believe that 10000000% then and 1000000000% now :clap: <ok>

Postby Witz78

Id like to ask you all to think of this man whilst your out celebrating the Jubilee Weekend

HERES TO YOU JAMES.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Id like to ask you all to think of this man whilst your out celebrating the Jubilee Weekend

HERES TO YOU JAMES.

you cant celebrate it as you are a Jock and she is English and nothing to do with Jocks. <ok> :wave:

Postby Witz78

muppets up here havent even gave us a day off work

so ive told them where to go and have put in for 2 days off, i plan to drink Pimms all weekend culminating in singing along to Elton John, Cliff Richard, Tom Jones and Paul McCartneys hits from the concert on Monday night

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:muppets up here havent even gave us a day off work

so ive told them where to go and have put in for 2 days off, i plan to drink Pimms all weekend culminating in singing along to Elton John, Cliff Richard, Tom Jones and Paul McCartneys hits from the concert on Monday night

Pimms :limp:

Postby kenneth79

Given this steep fine for Williams what do you think Allen will be handed for his borderline racist comments at the Crucible?
Could it even be a short ban?

Postby Witz78

YEH EXACTLY KENNETH

Allen bound to get the book thrown at him

i think Williams fine was mainly so high cos hes constantly been saying silly stuff and WS realised £250 fines werent doing any good

i suspect theyll come down hard on Allen too to nip his antics in the bud too

Postby Roland

I would think Allen faces a ban

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I would think Allen faces a ban

would banning him from the Chinese events be a punishement though rofl

maybe his punishment should be that he has to go to all 5 Chinese rankers plus the 3 Asian PTCs :hyper:

Postby gallantrabbit

The price of twitter. I would advise any sportsman to get the buck off twitter. If you know how to use it like Murphy or Jimmy then it's ok. But if you're likely to explode in expletives the minute a thought comes into your bonce that get the hell off it. I think the two Marks already have.

Postby Roland

Jimmy doesn't use it, it's his manager

Postby Sickpotter

Sonny wrote:Jimmy doesn't use it, it's his manager

As it should be.

Fortunately Jimmy and/or his manager realized the potential implications of a poorly thought out comment and decided to ensure it won't happen.

Williams has no excuse, poorly thought out comment slamming the crucible deserves a fine.

Allen if he has a manager has an incompetent one....yet another of the great new crop of "pros" who haven't gone about becoming pro with a proper plan/management in place.

TBH there's a whole generation growing up who're completely self absorbed and give little or no thought at all to what they spew out while online. :sad:

Postby Wildey

i was under the impression Jimmy White and Mark Allen is managed by Paul Mount ON Q Promotions.

Postby Sickpotter

Not sure Wild but if that's the case, Allen must've felt he should be in control of his Twit account......obviously a big mistake.

Postby N_Castle07

What a total joke :sad: if I was williams I would be seriously snake hissed off. It is well docuemnted that Higgins didn't like playing at Wembley but nobody said anything about that and why should they.

Postby Sickpotter

N_Castle07 wrote:What a total joke :sad: if I was williams I would be seriously snake hissed off. It is well docuemnted that Higgins didn't like playing at Wembley but nobody said anything about that and why should they.

Slagging off the location of the premier event is plain stupid and deserves a fine.

Stating you don't like playing there is one thing but to call the venue rubbish is another.

Quite frankly I expect we'll see a record number of fines handed out over the next little while as the new pros get a handle on what's expected from them with regards to promoting the game and clue in to the negative effects of spewing garbage to the world via some crap app.

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:What a total joke :sad: if I was williams I would be seriously snake hissed off. It is well docuemnted that Higgins didn't like playing at Wembley but nobody said anything about that and why should they.

Slagging off the location of the premier event is plain stupid and deserves a fine.

Stating you don't like playing there is one thing but to call the venue rubbish is another.

Quite frankly I expect we'll see a record number of fines handed out over the next little while as the new pros get a handle on what's expected from them with regards to promoting the game and clue in to the negative effects of spewing garbage to the world via some crap app.

theres no Question that Fine is a wake up call to everyone it was extream in my opinion but World Snooker has to be consistant with discapline and not on a whim so it will be interesting if someone else is out of line what fine they will get.

if Mark Williams Punishement was £3,000 + Costs i expect Mark Allen to Get a Ban of Some Sort.

if Rankings are Based on Prize Money in the near Future will a £3,000 fine also result in a £3,000 point deduction i think yes it should.