Higgins
Ronnie
?
?
?
?

Re: Qualifiers Draw and Format

Postby JIMO96

Same entries for this as the Wuxi, EXCEPT......there are 7 missing players from the top 24, instead of 2 (not counting Hendry). If these are all top 16 players, then Carter & Higginson (as in Wuxi) as well as Ebdon, Dale, Davis, Hawkins & Perry will all be given a top 16 seeding (assuming they've all entered).

Annoyingly, WSA have named some (not all) of the Q School top-up players.......Gunnell, Jones, Patrick & Wild (it's now common knowledge these are the 4 for Wuxi as well, even though they're un-named in the draw), as well as Allan Taylor, Justin Astley and 2 more named as #7 & #8. Also, it looks like Floyd Ziegler is a doubt and a space is left in the draw for either him or a #9 from Q School.

It seems that Jordan Brown, Ashley Wright & Ryan Causton have turned down invites, and that Duane Jones, despite being listed as an entrant in the European Championships, has accepted both invites(!)

Postby snooky147

Wild WC wrote:my estimation only 8 Players inside the top 32 is missing from the Aussie open

Hendry is one leaving another 7

Williams
Higgins
Ronnie
?Dott
?Maguire...Pretty sure
?
?

Filled in a couple for ya. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Cheesyman99 wrote:How many more pull-outs until Tony Knowles gets in?

Every single tour player could not enter and Knowles wouldn't get in.

Re: Australian Open Qualifiers Draw and Format

Postby JIMO96

Finally, WS have confirmed the "TBD" players in the Australian Open. They are Jeff Cundy, Lee Spick and Mitchell Mann. On the face of it, Spick is a fair choice, as I calculated that he finished joint 10th in the Q School OOM, along with already invited Allan Taylor, and others. I'm assuming a few others turned down invites before they offered joint 14th placed Spick a place (notably Lucky Vatnani, also joint 10th). But 22nd equal Mitchell Mann puzzles me......did the likes of Ben Harrison (equal points with Mitchell, but having had no walkovers), Australians Marc Robertson & Adrian Ridley (21st & 14th respectively) and Gary Wilson (17th) ALL turn down the chance to play?

Maybe there's hope for Knowlesy yet.

Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifiers Draw and Format

Postby Wildey

Shanghai Masters Draw and Format

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 864,00.pdf

Missing from the Draw are

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Stephen Hendry obviously
Joe Jogia suspended
Simon Bedford
Michael Wasley

Whitch means Fraser Patrick and Gareth Allen are in the Draw

Patrick plays Martin O'Donnell and Allen plays Rod Lawler on July 24th

Re: Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifiers Draw and Format

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Why has this been merged with the Aussie one? I was worried Dott had not entered Shanghai then

its just a thread to post draws as they happen from World Snooker im not going to start a thread every time a Draw comes out initially i just called it Qualifying Draws but someone in the moderator team sticked his ore in and changed it to Aussie Open.