Post a reply

Ultimate Snooker Question!!!

Postby kriss

Guys... I wont lie to you! You will not be able to solve my fiendishly difficult snooker riddle...

What is the lowest possible winning score in snooker?

A player wins a frame of snooker with a very, very low score. The lowest possible. His opponent does not concede prematurely. His opponent cannot return to the table when the eventual winner plays his final shot...

So what is the final score between the two players? :-D

Re: Ultimate Snooker Question!!!

Postby Casey

15 reds potted at once, followed by the yellow = 17 with 27 left.

Yellow, green & brow to follow = 26 with 22 remaining.

Postby kriss

But in your senario the other player is fully entitled to play on for snookers.... resulting in a larger scoreline...

Postby NedB-H

kriss wrote:But in your senario the other player is fully entitled to play on for snookers.... resulting in a larger scoreline...

Still think he has the right score though...

Player two pots all 15 reds with a single flukey shot, but the white runs in off as well = 4-0 with only the colours up. Player one clears to pink = 24-0, frame over.

Postby kriss

I believe 13-22 is incorrect... but perhaps you could quickly explain it so I can explain why its incorrect without giving too big a clue :P

Postby kriss

NedB-H wrote:
kriss wrote:But in your senario the other player is fully entitled to play on for snookers.... resulting in a larger scoreline...

Player two pots all 15 reds with a single flukey shot, but the white runs in off as well = 4-0 with only the colours up. Player one clears to pink = 24-0, frame over.

You guys are getting closer.... but thats not the lowest possible score....

Postby roy142857

kriss wrote:I believe 13-22 is incorrect... but perhaps you could quickly explain it so I can explain why its incorrect without giving too big a clue :P

Simplest scenario for this

Player 1 pots 13 reds but misses colours off each

Player 2 pots 2 reds without colours, pots 5 colours but doesn't bother with black as 8 points clear

edit or 9 even !
Last edited by roy142857 on 16 May 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby NedB-H

kriss wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

Are we looking for the lowest score for the player who wins the frame?

Amend the above to... player one pots yellow and green, misses brown. Player two pots brown, but misses blue. Player one comes back to pot the blue and pink, to go 16-8 up. Frame over.

16-8.

Postby kriss

Congrats NedB-H!!!!!!

16 - 8 is the lowest possible score in snooker!! However, unlikely and outrageous- its possible a player could pot all 15 reds in one shot, but go in off. 4 - 0. The opponent could then pot Yellow, Green, Blue and pink, with the other guy just getting the brown.

This means the score sits at 16 - 8 with the black being obsolete!

16 - 8

Postby roy142857

NedB-H wrote:
kriss wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

Are we looking for the lowest score for the player who wins the frame?

Amend the above to... player one pots yellow and green, misses brown. Player two pots brown, but misses blue. Player one comes back to pot the blue and pink, to go 16-8 up. Frame over.

16-8.

Looks good to me!

Postby Roland

Similar but pink was left on table so other player could play on for snookers so guess that's why I was wrong. Player pots all 15 reds in one shot and fouls, 4-0, other player comes to table and pots yellow to blue

Postby MySnookerStats

Yep, and the question was pretty cleverly worded to prevent other left-field ideas like the three misses rule being in play. Definitely the kind of question that Clive Brown would enjoy too.

Postby Wildey

kriss wrote:16 - 8 guys. Every snooker fanatic should learn this gem of trivia!!!

why ?

Postby kriss

I screwed up!!!!!! Theres an even lower scoreline that 16 - 8!!! And its far, far less complex!!!

Can anyone guess what it is?

Postby Witz78

kriss wrote:I screwed up!!!!!! Theres an even lower scoreline that 16 - 8!!! And its far, far less complex!!!

Can anyone guess what it is?

0-0 after 3 misses of the ball that can be seen, as someone above said <ok>