Post a reply

Welsh Championship 2012

Postby roy142857

Round of the Welsh Championship are played at the convenience of the players drawn against each other, with rounds having to be completed by certain dates.

So far two rounds have been played, most notable results so far have been 7th ranked Peter Roscoe knocking out Gareth Allen 4-2 in the first round, 4th ranked under 21 player Edward Topham knocking out 12th ranked Allan Morgan in round 1 and then being beaten 4-0 by 2nd ranked Rhydian Richards, and probably the main shock, top ranked under 21 player Jamie Clarke going down 3-4 to 45th ranked Jordan Stiens-Magill in the 2nd round.

Draw for the last 16 is:

Lee Walker v. Kishan Hirani
Duane Jones v. John Bevan
Jordan Stiens-Magill v. David Hooper
Rhydian Richards v. Kristian Phelps
Bob Watkins v. Paul Davies
Wayne Jones v. Byron Sage
Ron Allen v. Stephen Ellis
Elfed Evans v. Pete Roscoe

Matches have to be played between now and 10th April.

Quarter finals will be at the Terry Griffiths matchroom, Llanelli on 29th April, semi finals at Merthyr Labour Club on 13th May, with the final there a week later.

Re: Welsh Championship 2012

Postby jadechelsea

OMG Monday Wednesday and Thursday are sold out but the Tuesday isn't which is the day i want to go but I cant because of my dad I am so annoyed I want to scream >-( :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: >-( >-( >-( >-( >-( >-( :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

EDIT: :blush: woops wrong topic :emb:
Last edited by jadechelsea on 12 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

I think you're confusing this with the Welsh Open Jade :redneck:

Postby GJ

jadechelsea WC wrote:OMG Monday Wednesday and Thursday are sold out but the Tuesday isn't which is the day i want to go but I cant because of my dad I am so annoyed I want to scream >-( :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: >-( >-( >-( >-( >-( >-( :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

jade you do realise this isnt the welsh open

:gag:

Postby roy142857

Results of the last 16 matches:

Lee Walker 4 - 0 Kishan Hirani
Duane Jones 4 - 1 John Bevan
Jordan Stiens-Magill 4 - 3 David Hooper
Kristian Phelps 4 - 2 Rhydian Richards
(Phelps had a 117 break)
Paul Davies 4 - 1 Bob Watkins
Wayne Jones 4 - 1 Byron Sage
Stephen Ellis 4 - 0 Ron Allen
Elfed Evans 4 - 2 Pete Roscoe

The draw for the quarter finals will be made on the day (29th April) at the Terry Griffiths Matchroom, Llanelli

Postby roy142857

Quarter finals results:

Paul Davies 5 - 0 Jordan Stiens-Magill

Elfed Evans 5 - 3 Stephen Ellis

Lee Walker 5 - 0 Kristian Phelps

Duane Jones 5 - 3 Wayne Jones

Semi finals at Merthyr Labour Club on 13th May, which also hosts the final on 20th May.

Postby roy142857

Well, the result of only one semi so far -

Elfed Evans 6 - 5 Paul Davies

Evans is a previous Welsh Champion, back in 1994 ...

Second semi will be played on 31st May as the players (possibly because Duane Jones is at Q School), not sure when the final will be now ... still listed on Welsh Snooker website as 20th ...

Postby roy142857

Second semi:

Duane Jones 6 - 2 Lee Walker

Jones will play Elfed Evans in the final on Sunday 1st July "The Final will be the best of 15 frames with 7 frames in the afternoon session starting at 1.00pm and the evening session of 8 frames starting at 6.00pm"

Postby roy142857

The Final:

Duane Jones 8 - 4 Elfed Evans
(Jones had breaks of 89, 77, 57, 71, 66 and 61)

Congratulations Duane ! And good luck in the World Under 21's in Wuxi

:win: :party: