Topic locked

Jimmy White testimonial

Postby SnookerFan

From the World Snooker website;

How would you like to see Jimmy White play a match against Ronnie O'Sullivan, followed by music from a couple of Rolling Stones?

Jimmy 'Whirlwind' White has just turned 50 and is celebrating his career, having given joy to million of snooker fans around the world over the last three decades.

His testimonial event is on Saturday 2nd June, at the Grosvenor House hotel in London.

The afternoon will feature a challenge between Jimmy and newly crowned Betfred.com World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

The evening will see the legendary Ronnie Wood, from the Rolling Stones, play a tribute concert to Jimmy alongside Mick Hucknall, Charlie Watts and 'Friends'.

Here are full details on the packages available:

Afternoon Package - £100 Per Person plus VAT

Enjoy Lunch at the Grosvenor, designed by Gino D'Acampo, and review great moments of Jimmy's career including a special tribute to Alex Hurricane Higgins.

Witness two of snooker's greatest entertainers battle it out in a special challenge match as Jimmy takes on 'The Rocket'

Guests will have the chance to bid for some of Jimmy's personal memorabilia including his snooker cue.

Evening Package - £200 Per Person plus VAT

Enjoy dinner whilst being entertained by a comedian and mingle with some of snooker's greatest ever players and stars of stage and screen.

Clear the tables as Ronnie Wood, Mick Hucknall, Charlie Watts and 'Friends' play a special tribute to Jimmy.

For more information please contact Jason Francis on 07850 428702 or email info@whirlwindtestimonial.co.uk

Re: Jimmy White testimonial

Postby Roland

Good luck to Jimmy, sure he'll have a great time.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:snake hiss off with your digs at Jimmy Simplefan

clearly a WUM article from a Jimmy hater

My bad. :hatoff:

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:snake hiss off with your digs at Jimmy Simplefan

clearly a WUM article from a Jimmy hater

Well spotted. I didn't realise Snookerfan was being a runt.<ok>

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Milk, cow, cash......

yea load of bullocks

Postby Witz78

Itll be a great day out and id be lying if i said i still wasnt tempted to get a ticket. Will maybe check with FRC to see if he fancies it

Postby John From London Town

He's over here working from tomorrow (Wednesday 16th) & is in our local club having a knock for the day on Thursday from 11m to 6pm which I've been invited down to, which is cool because its on the qt.
I might collect my son from school & take him down to meet the man.

I know a bit about the testimonial too, which I'm sword to secret about other than to say Jimmy had to pony up £250k up front to hire the Grosvenor out for the day. Serious amount of faces attending too. :john: