Post a reply

Re: Who will you follow in the 12/13 season

Postby Roland

Definitely The Lion and Luca Brecel but also I'll be keeping an eye on Kyren Wilson and Ben Harrison as they qualify through the Q School then tear apart the main field on their way up the charts :D

I'll also be looking out for the shy and artistic breakbuilding talent of Xiao Guodong to get closer to the top 16 and see how Jamie Jones and Cao Yupeng can get on after their respective runs in the Worlds.

Of the big names, when will Ronnie play again and how will he fare with lack of match practice as the World Champion? Will John Higgins pull his finger out and start playing properly again? Will Mark Selby's neck fully recover and will he then regain the form he had just rediscovered prior to the injury and do himself justice with titles? Will Ebdon stay in Carter's corner and feed him carrot juice and tell him not to go for any pots? Has Robbo lost that aura now Ronnie showed him up and that he can be rattled?

So much to look forward to :D

Postby Skullman

India's best player Aditya Mehta.

For a completely new player to the tour Iran's Hossein Vafaei Ayouri, the IBSF World champion and Asian U21 Champion. Interesting to see how the first Iranian on the tour does. Plus the two amatuer competitions he has won are against some of the best amateurs in the world and Asia (which has a 'Chinese revolution' of talented players coming through) respectively and he should be good.

Of the top players, I've come to like Maguire's game more and it seems like he has a title due at some point. And John Higgins of course. I want to know if his poor season is down to lack of practise like he said, or if it's the start of his decline.

Postby MizDarknez

I always follow Maguire, Robertson and Trump with great interest.

However this year I will also be keeping an eye on Luca Brecel as I will be interested to see how he goes after getting to the World Championships. I hope he can push on an have a good season rather than fading away like many players do.

Postby roy142857

Interested to see whether Xiao Guodong, Yu Delu, Ben Woollaston and David Gilbert 'kick on' from their good 2011/2012 seasons, and to see if Luca Brecel has really cracked it now. And I'm hoping Ricky Walden can make a better job of establishing himself now. And still awaiting the big breakthrough I keep expecting from Liam Highfield, maybe this is the year.

Like Skullman interested to see how Hossein Vafaei Ayouri and Aditya Mehta do, also Mohamed Khairy, although I'd think he's got a lot further to go development-wise.

If Ronnie takes a sabbatical and then comes back firing on all cylinders - would possibly influence whether other players do the same down the line.

And I think Stephen Maguire will continue his recent upswing in form.

Postby JIMO96

Li Yan & Cao Yupeng....2 overseas players who don't blob it against the grinders

Luca Brecel....should confidently carry his Sheffield form into 2012-13

John Higgins....I'm convinced Hendry beat him to the "retirement" podium. Hopefully he'll regain focus and his best scoring boots

Liang Wenbo....players who reach the top 16 quickly and drop out just as quick, usually just continue plummeting; please buck this trend Liang

Alex Pagulayan....hope he does better than Jim Rempe and Steve Mizerak managed on the tour

Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon, Zhang Anda, Aditya Mehta....make it count this time boys

Postby sundaygirl

Welcome to the Island Jewel.
I have a soft spot for Ricky Walden :love: and would like to see him safe in the top 16 so that SnookerFan and I can see him play in the Masters. I was very dissappointed he didn't make it to Sheffield, talking of which I hope that Jamie Jones will continue in his current vein. I think it will be awful if Cao Yupeng drops of the tour.
*whispers* re Luca I don't believe the hype.

Postby Monique

I will definitely keep an eye on Yu Delu and Xiao Guodong as well as on Luca.
I'm also wondering on how Jack Lisowski will fare: will he show the form he had on his first season, or will it be the rather flat Jack we saw last season?

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Welcome to the Island Jewel.
I have a soft spot for Ricky Walden :love: and would like to see him safe in the top 16 so that SnookerFan and I can see him play in the Masters. I was very dissappointed he didn't make it to Sheffield, talking of which I hope that Jamie Jones will continue in his current vein. I think it will be awful if Cao Yupeng drops of the tour.

I'm not spending as long looking for a McDonalds as we did last time. :grrr:

Postby randam05

Obviously Dale and Hamilton for me.

But yes also Luca, will it kick start his career or will he expect too much now and flop? Also look forward to seeing if Woollaston and Gilbert kick on now as someone said earlier.

I agree Walden will be good to watch, hopefully he can get back in the top 16, same as wenbo. Ronnie will be very interesting and I hope Higgins and Williams can pick up a little bit! Hope Robertson can win the UK title and I hope Judd has a complete flop and everyone wonders where the hype came from (but we can only dream).

Also want to see how the old guard get on in Davis and White. Also want to see if Gould can start performing again as hes so good to watch when playing well!

Postby Wildey

at the moment i dont care much about players to follow next season im in To Q School and Get talented players on to tour.

in Q School ill be following

Ben Harrison
Kyren Wilson
Sean O'Sullivan
Gareth Allen
Chen Zhe
son of Steve Greg
Kacper Filipiak
Allan Taylor
Reanne Evans
Michael Wasley
Daniel Wells
Sydney Wilson

Postby Alex0paul

sundaygirl wrote:Welcome to the Island Jewel.

Yea good to see Jamie Jones and Cao Yupeng doing well

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Re Luca Brecel 100% stand by what I said, one dimensional player
24 years old, already in decline, currently ranked lower than both Ricky and Matthew

He's the next Ronnie.