Post a reply

Question about the 'Triple Crown'

Postby olding

I am wondering as we know there's 'triple crown' in snooker. Next season there will increase a new Major - International Championship. What will happen with that change? Is it mean the achievements of those players who collected 'triple crown' in the past would been discounted?

Re: Question about the 'Triple Crown'

Postby Roland

No of course they won't be discounted. If this new event is how it's been presented then it will become the 4th major and one the players will all want to win. It will need a few years to become established but it already sounds like the triple crown will be 4 next season.

Postby SnookerFan

Yes. I no longer consider players such as Steve Davis, Hendry, Ronnie, John Higgins or Mark Williams to be any good, because none of these players have yet won a tournament that hasn't yet been contested.

Crap the lot of them. :grrr:

Postby Roland

Ignore SnookerFan olding if you don't understand him. He has odd sense of British humour.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Ignore SnookerFan olding if you don't understand him. He has odd sense of humour.

Fixed. rofl

Yeah. Sorry, I just read your other post. Didn't realise you weren't from these parts, so don't get upset by my sarcasm. I meant it in fun. :-D

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:No of course they won't be discounted. If this new event is how it's been presented then it will become the 4th major and one the players will all want to win. It will need a few years to become established but it already sounds like the triple crown will be 4 next season.

presentation needs to be backed up with something i wont accept this if it follows the normal chinese tournament... for me adding a few more £££££££ does buck all in adding prestiege.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:No of course they won't be discounted. If this new event is how it's been presented then it will become the 4th major and one the players will all want to win. It will need a few years to become established but it already sounds like the triple crown will be 4 next season.

presentation needs to be backed up with something i wont accept this if it follows the normal chinese tournament... for me adding a few more £££££££ does buck all in adding prestiege.

:spot on: :hatoff:

Postby jojo

what this international championship ? first ive hear of it if it is a major maybe it here to replace the grand prix

hope matches in the early rounds are long format ie minimum best of eleven

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:what this international championship ? first ive hear of it if it is a major maybe it here to replace the grand prix

hope matches in the early rounds are long format ie minimum best of eleven

no best of 9s lol

Postby Casey

Thanks for the link Olding - I am delighted that the SF's and final are longer!

The snooker tour can now support a 4th major again, this could well be that tournament - with the ££ and points on offer as well as the advanced format all snooker fans should be buzzed about this.

Put another way - after the 3 majors this will be the tournament they want to win giving what's on offer.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Thanks for the link Olding - I am delighted that the SF's and final are longer!

The snooker tour can now support a 4th major again, this could well be that tournament - with the ££ and points on offer as well as the advanced format all snooker fans should be buzzed about this.

Put another way - after the 3 majors this will be the tournament they want to win giving what's on offer.

monique said that it follows all other chinese format

so who is right ?????

Postby Roland

Ever since it was announced it's been common knowledge that the format is an in the link to PSB which is why it's got the same points as the UK and will be snooker's 4th major.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Yes. I no longer consider players such as Steve Davis, Hendry, Ronnie, John Higgins or Mark Williams to be any good, because none of these players have yet won a tournament that hasn't yet been contested.

Crap the lot of them. :grrr:

let me translate

many many moon come since Snookerfan weigh under 30 stone

now someone come and take his bag of candy away and nothing he can do about it

Snookerfan not happy about it wooo wooo wooo