Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Sun 6th of May) Final Disscusion !

Postby vodkadiet

Rigsby yet again threatening to retire.

He should learn from Hendry. Say nothing until you have actually played your last shot. I guarantee in 5 years time he will still be playing, and in the meantime threatened to retire about another 75 times.

Postby Roland

I know what it's about, and I agree with him in that he shouldn't be forced to enter a minimum number of tournaments. He should be able to enter only those events he wants to. What he shouldn't be allowed to do is enter events and then not show up. At the end of the day, those events he doesn't enter he will lose ranking points for and if he only plays in 4 or 5 main events he won't be match sharp so it probably won't do him any good.

I'm talking him as in O'Sullivan but it applies to all professional players. In years gone by there weren't enough events but now thanks to Barry Hearn the calendar is stacked out so players should be able to pick and choose what they play in and plan their seasons to suit their needs. If you want to attract the big names to the far reaching places like Australia then stick a big top prize up to attract them.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:I know what it's about, and I agree with him in that he shouldn't be forced to enter a minimum number of tournaments. He should be able to enter only those events he wants to. What he shouldn't be allowed to do is enter events and then not show up. At the end of the day, those events he doesn't enter he will lose ranking points for and if he only plays in 4 or 5 main events he won't be match sharp so it probably won't do him any good.

I'm talking him as in O'Sullivan but it applies to all professional players. In years gone by there weren't enough events but now thanks to Barry Hearn the calendar is stacked out so players should be able to pick and choose what they play in and plan their seasons to suit their needs. If you want to attract the big names to the far reaching places like Australia then stick a big top prize up to attract them.

<ok>

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Just to think if Quinten Hann didn't do the things he did, he would be battling it out for his 7th World title.

O'Sullivan should prove too much for Ali, and one thing is for sure NOBODY IN THE WORLD, would of predicted this final.

Not even Dynamo the Magician.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:I miss the one this day feature. :sad:

For you

On this day in 2002, Peter Ebdon claimed his maiden world title by defeating Stephen Hendry 18 frames to 17 in what proved to be John William's tenth and final world championship final.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I know what it's about, and I agree with him in that he shouldn't be forced to enter a minimum number of tournaments. He should be able to enter only those events he wants to. What he shouldn't be allowed to do is enter events and then not show up. At the end of the day, those events he doesn't enter he will lose ranking points for and if he only plays in 4 or 5 main events he won't be match sharp so it probably won't do him any good.

Players should put up their time to help promote tournaments not whinge like 5 year olds when they dont get their owen way

these are Millionaire players its their responsability to help protect the sport for future generations if Top players dont go there then events dies tour collapses and sponsors invest in other Sport.

Sorry but thats the reality of Pro Snooker life today Sponsors wont put up more cash for australia until they see some sort of comitments and Build it up from scratch.

Snooker has to start from Ground Zero just like all other Sports.

Pick and chose is on it way however im of the opinion its far too early for that and Tournaments will die because of it and the sport stagnate because Players dont want to travel for peanuts Snooker will never grow in India or Australia and stop the dream of Having a world Tour.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:

For you

On this day in 2002, Peter Ebdon claimed his maiden world title by defeating Stephen Hendry 18 frames to 17 in what proved to be John William's tenth and final world championship final.

:D

Postby SnookerFan

This match. <doh>

It really was a shame that Robertson and Ronnie wasn't the final. Or at least Ronnie vs somebody who might have a chance of winning. Ali Carter will do what he always does when he plays Ronnie, and bottle it. I hope he at least makes it more of a match than he did last time. Win more then eight frames Ronnie. :D

Postby Alpha

I don't see O'Sullivan actually retiring win or lose. I did hear someone talk about taking six months off. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see O'Sullivan show up until the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

Alpha wrote:I don't see O'Sullivan actually retiring win or lose. I did hear someone talk about taking six months off. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see O'Sullivan show up until the UK.

That's more likely knowing Ronnie. He doesn't want to retire, he just doesn't want to play in all of the tournaments. He was like that when there was only a handful of tournaments, let alone now.

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:

For you

RIP John Williams, a real hard ref <ok>

Postby Andy Spark

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
O'Sullivan should prove too much for Ali, and one thing is for sure NOBODY IN THE WORLD, would of predicted this final.

Not even Dynamo the Magician.

I came very close. While others were going on about Trump and Robertson, before the tournament started I had Ronnie as my favorite and Ali as my dark horse. I have it in writing. :ahh:

Postby PLtheRef

Smart wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:

For you

RIP John Williams, a real hard ref <ok>

He ain't dead you know.