Topic locked

CARTER CLAP, love it

Postby Smart

okay I was not around all day yesterday so I came in for the finale of the Carter/BJ match and missed this incident. Skip to 55 minutes and all is revealed.

Then read here:

Trump led 9-7 after Sunday's second session, which led to a short exchange on Twitter, sparked by Carter posting "Luck Trump".

And at 12-10 down on Monday, Carter clapped sarcastically after what he deemed to be another stroke of luck for his rival.

The 22-year-old Trump responded, suggesting some of his fellow pros are jealous of his success.

He said: "A lot of players enjoy me losing. I don't know why, I'm not a bad person, I don't have any beef with anyone.

"I haven't got a clue [why Carter clapped sarcastically]. I'm still a lot younger than him and have done a lot better, so let's just let the snooker do the talking.

"If he wants to do that, then it's up to him, but he's 30-odd years old and it's a bit childish."

Carter, 32, said: "He had three or four lashes in the last frame, like he'd been doing in the whole match, and got away with it.

"I don't think he realises how much luck he gets, how much he gets away with.

"You cannot keep potting balls like that and if he carries on going for them, he will be getting beat.

"I've been on too many wrong ends of matches like that and now he can feel what it feels like to have a nasty scar in his career. It's not easy to get over.

"He's a great player, has achieved more than me in the game already. He's great for the game, he's like a young Ronnie [O'Sullivan] really.

"But he's got to develop a little bit more of a personality, start slagging a few people off, and then people will love him even more I suppose."

O'Sullivan said the criticism could motivate Trump.

"Winners enjoy that challenge and find a way of proving their critics wrong. I think Judd will be inspired by that. He's young, he's got time on his side and we all know how great a player he is," he said.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Personally I think it shows character from Carter to clap like that. He must of been totally exasperated at his opponents run of the ball.......and the lack of etiquette (acknowledgement from him). <ok>

Carter <ok>

BJ :td:

Re: CARTER CLAP, love it

Postby Alex0paul

It was absolutely brilliant

Postby Smart

Alex0paul wrote:It was absolutely brilliant

I think the entourage that he brings with him is doing no favours and the other thing that I liked from Carter was when he had fist pumped to his hearts content, he then calmly picked up his drink and very directly toasted the Trump entourage. That was absolutely top drawer from ALI :D

IN YER FACE !!!! :wave: <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

He definitely needs to stop bringing them to tournaments if he is going to start dominating the game. I think he will be another Jimmy White else.

Postby SnookerFan

FFS, was that it? I wasn't in, so didn't see it either.

The way people were going on, I thought there was some malice in it. Judd was complaining about this;

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Judd-Tru ... story.html

Seeing Carter do that, makes it look more like one of those 'game played in good spirit' moments. Then we get Trump go on a rant about everybody hating him.

Judd. <doh>

Postby Casey

It was Carter being stupid imo. He is a man in his 30's who should have rose above it....

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:He definitely needs to stop bringing them to tournaments if he is going to start dominating the game. I think he will be another Jimmy White else.

He loves the adulation, that's the problem.

I wonder what his parents think about those idiots.

Postby Smart

Casey wrote:It was Carter being stupid imo. He is a man in his 30's who should have rose above it....

The thing is he does not properly acknowledge his turns of luck - I mean properly raising your hand after a fluke is not much to ask is it. But BJ seems to find this hard or impossible to do.

I applaud Carter for taking the snake hiss outta BJ. <ok> <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
Casey wrote:It was Carter being stupid imo. He is a man in his 30's who should have rose above it....

The thing is he does not properly acknowledge his turns of luck - I mean properly raising your hand after a fluke is not much to ask is it. But BJ seems to find this hard or impossible to do.

To be fair if Judd raised his hand every time he made a fluke, he'd never stop doing it. He wouldn't need a pilot's license. He'd probably take off.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

To be fair if Judd raised his hand every time he made a fluke, he'd never stop doing it. He wouldn't need a pilot's license. He'd probably take off.

the crowd might think he was trying to start a Mexican wave <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:

Imagine the other table. Judd does that, the Mexican Wave starts, then somebody on his shot on table 2 gets distracted and misses.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

Imagine the other table. Judd does that, the Mexican Wave starts, then somebody on his shot on table 2 gets distracted and misses.

his hate rating (already high) would go thru the roof <ok>

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:He definitely needs to stop bringing them to tournaments if he is going to start dominating the game. I think he will be another Jimmy White else.

He loves the adulation, that's the problem.

I wonder what his parents think about those idiots.

Ask the BBC, They know his parents better than him.

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:Ask the BBC, They know his parents better than him.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Dennis Taylor is probably playing golf with Trump's dad as we speak.

Postby randam05

I thought it was brilliant.

I have never seen someone have so much run throughout a long 25 frame match consistently, it was sickening, non stop wall to wall flukes and getting away with things. The crowd kept clapping and that fluke was just unreal really. I think he needs telling how much run he has!

Carter did it with style. Superb.

Postby Roland

The red he potted just before the incident was shot of the championship

Postby jojo

to be honest carter is a decade older than trump so he being a bit childish

i had to laugh when carter said theres more to snooker than just bashing balls about like i proved today

well when carter come up against someone who has even a decent safety game he will be shown up

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:to be honest carter is a decade older than trump so he being a bit childish

i had to laugh when carter said theres more to snooker than just bashing balls about like i proved today

well when carter come up against someone who has even a decent safety game he will be shown up

:shrug: His safety seems a lot better than usual.

Postby jojo

it better than normal for his standards but i think if he come up against someone like selby williams higgins robertson o sullivan or someone who knows that department of the game carter will always come up short he wont last three or four shots in those safety exchanges

nobody in this tournament has bothered to compete with him tactically judd always go for his shots as maguire has been doing and jones is new to the big time he an attacking player and will learn that side of the game with experience

saying carter is a good matchplayer even though it self proclaimed it still a joke to snooker

yes carter is a decent player but great matchplayer all of a sudden no chance that just silly talk

if he does get through to the final the tactical exchanges against ronnie will last three or four shots before carters found wanting

Postby DavieMac

Carter has been playing great safety but have to agree with jojo, if he comes up against a very good safety player he'll be outdone. Mags poor safety has allowed Carter to play so many good ones.

Postby Roland

Either that or Ronnie will be frustrated into going for his shots. You know that he gets frustrated easily. When I was at the Crucible and he was playing, even when he was flying and leaving his opponents rattled, he still looked bored shitless when he was in his chair and not at the table.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Either that or Ronnie will be frustrated into going for his shots. You know that he gets frustrated easily. When I was at the Crucible and he was playing, even when he was flying and leaving his opponents rattled, he still looked bored shitless when he was in his chair and not at the table.

Ronnie won't do Carter or Maguire the favour to push the boat out. He played on for snookers, he took his time for safety shots and played a very patient game so far. No way he will get reckless if there is a world title at stake.