Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 4th of May) S Final Disscusion !

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:Btw as Alex isn't on to say it, we have to get to 795 to beat last year's thread.

Not 795 again! Not going to happen

Well I'm back from school early tomorrow, so I'll see what I can do ;-)

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:If Carter gets to the final and Ronnie somehow doesn't, I'll route for Carter. I think he needs the title to stay in the top16. Just shows how bad a season he's had before now.

But if Carter and Ronnie get to the final, you'll route for Ronnie :chin:

No. But I'm smart enough to know that backing Carter against Ronnie is a hopeless cause.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:Btw as Alex isn't on to say it, we have to get to 795 to beat last year's thread.

Sadly, I will have to miss the morning session... College exam.. but will be back at around 1 p.m so wont miss no further session until the tourney ends. Will record the morning one though to watch later.

I've watched almost every session... it really has been a snooker marathon.. it always is at this time of the year.. cant complain though :-D :-D :-D love it :-D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Sadly, I will have to miss the morning session... College exam.. but will be back at around 1 p.m so wont miss no further session until the tourney ends. Will record the morning one though to watch later.

I've watched almost every session... it really has been a snooker marathon.. it always is at this time of the year.. cant complain though :-D :-D :-D love it :-D

Yes it's a real marathon and it is becoming emotionally draining now because I badly want Ronnie to win this and it's just such a long way. He's now playing every day and the title is so near but yet so far away right now.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Yes it's a real marathon and it is becoming emotionally draining now because I badly want Ronnie to win this and it's just such a long way. He's now playing every day and the title is so near but yet so far away right now.

Exactly.. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: Your words perfectly describe what I'm feeling too...

Really hope Ronnie doesn't let us down this time... I couldn't possibly bear it.. :-(

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Exactly.. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: Your words perfectly describe what I'm feeling too...

Really hope Ronnie doesn't let us down this time... I couldn't possibly bear it.. :-(

Fortunately Ronnie is "only" playing Matthew Stevens. Just imagine he would play Selby or Ding right now. After the epic battle with Robertson he would have to play his best snooker again without a day to rest. He can take a few liberties against Stevens and that takes a bit of pressure off, he doesn't have to play his best in all 4 sessions and he's still favourite to win the match.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Exactly.. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: Your words perfectly describe what I'm feeling too...

Fortunately Ronnie is "only" playing Matthew Stevens. Just imagine he would play Selby or Ding right now. After the epic battle with Robertson he would have to play his best snooker again without a day to rest. He can take a few liberties against Stevens and that takes a bit of pressure off, he doesn't have to play his best in all 4 sessions and he's still favourite to win the match.

Ronnie shouldn't have problems with stamina. He's won the title thrice already and knows how to pace himself.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

That really is something that has seen Ronnie lose matches in the past. Often he has to play his best snooker to beat an opponent, he beats him.. but then in the next round he has another very tough one and he sometimes cant quite keep that standard he had.. Had he faced Selby here... would have been so so tough...

yeah with Stevens it takes a bit of pressure off... but still, he cant rely too much on that, otherwise could get beat

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:If Carter gets to the final and Ronnie somehow doesn't, I'll route for Carter. I think he needs the title to stay in the top16. Just shows how bad a season he's had before now.

its ROOT <doh>

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

its ROOT <doh>

Is it? Shows how good my english teacher was then <laugh> . Thanks Witz I'll keep it in mind for future use.

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Carter v Stevens would be the most unlikeliest World Final ever imo despite both being former finalists

"Most unlikely" :john:

Unlikeliest is a superlative of unlikely <ok>

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Carter v Stevens would be the most unlikeliest World Final ever imo despite both being former finalists

But you have two superlatives. Most is one too. :john:

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

why did you need to use the word MOST in front of it then cos its doing emphasising exactly the same thing that the EST at the end of unlikely is doing, so either you go with one or the other. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Using two to put across how unlikely it is <ok>

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Using two to put across how unlikely it is <ok>

2 negatives make a positive and all that :dizzy: