Topic locked

World Championship (Sun 29th of April) Last 16 Disscusion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Sunday 29th of April

10am

Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

2.30pm

Ali Carter 5-3 Judd Trump
Mark Williams 3-5 Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm

Jamie Jones v Andrew Higginson
Matthew Stevens v Barry Hawkins

on this date in 2000 Mark Williams overturned a 14-10 deficit to Beat John Higgins 17-15 to reach his second Crucible Final

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Sun 29th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Carter played amazing and Ronnie played also pretty well (94% pot success).

Carter :D

Ronnie a grudging :hatoff: Was MJW decent or did he do the usual?

MJW looked completely out of sorts for the first 3 frames even though he won the first but then Ronnie nearly clinched the 4. frame but a pink rolled off and Williams cleared. He was settled after that and won the next to go 3-2 up but then Ronnie potted some nice long pots and made good breaks to lead 4-3. In the last frame both had chances but ultimately Ronnie fluked the green and potted brown and blue to lead 5-3.

Ronnie was ahead in all departments.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Off to the Crucible again tomorrow for my final trip of three this year, barring rain might flood the train tracks.

So off to see Trump v Carter, hoping for better quality than tonight some high scores in frames but only two-three breaks over 50.

Should be a tight and exciting morning aswell, hoping Jones shows yet more quality and Stevens and Hawkins will be the cracker im hoping it to be.

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Off to the Crucible again tomorrow for my final trip of three this year, barring rain might flood the train tracks.

So off to see Trump v Carter, hoping for better quality than tonight some high scores in frames but only two-three breaks over 50.

Should be a tight and exciting morning aswell, hoping Jones shows yet more quality and Stevens and Hawkins will be the cracker im hoping it to be.

Enjoy yourself mate :-D

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Off to the Crucible again tomorrow for my final trip of three this year, barring rain might flood the train tracks.

Enjoy that. :bowdown:

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:Hendry thinks he can win the title.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17883688

Does he have any realistic chance?

No, he does not. Getting to the SF's would be awesome though.

Williams will be in two minds about yesterdays session - he had a chance to go 4-4 would would have been a real bonus.

Saying that, he didn't win a frame in one visit so to be only 5-3 down he is probably happy enough.

I expect Ronnie to pull away today, he was very close to playing his A game yesterday. He will take a 10-6 lead into Monday - game over.

Trump will play much better today and I expect him to level up the game 8-8.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:
No, he does not. Getting to the SF's would be awesome though.

Williams will be in two minds about yesterdays session - he had a chance to go 4-4 would would have been a real bonus.

Saying that, he didn't win a frame in one visit so to be only 5-3 down he is probably happy enough.

I expect Ronnie to pull away today, he was very close to playing his A game yesterday. He will take a 10-6 lead into Monday - game over.

Trump will play much better today and I expect him to level up the game 8-8.

I agree with this point. Ronnie will get a sterner test against Robertson in the quarter-finals.

My pick to win the whole tournament is the winner of Robertson vs Ronnie.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Hendry thinks he can win the title.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/17883688

Does he have any realistic chance?

It,s fantastic that Hendry has gotten to the 1/4 finals,(his 19th 1/4 final appearence by the way at the Crucible) once again after all these years.

He sure does have a realistic chance of winning yet another World title,in saying that he really has to make the most of every chance he gets.

If he can produce what he produced against Bingham in his 1st session against him and produce what he did in his 1st session against Higgins then he certainly does have a chance.

Higgins gave him more than his fare share of chances,he,ll definatley not get as many chances from Maguire,so he really has to make the most of every chance presented,he has to keep up the good safety he,s shown lately as well,his safety was awful on numerous occasions for a good few seasons but the last couple of matches he,s played he,s really buckled up in that department,it,s still far from great,but he,s definatley improved on it.
Because his safety was so bad,it meant that he was givin his opponents too many chances often givin them an easy pot or a easy long red.
It,s all very well knockin in Big breaks but if you often give your opponent an easy pot,let them in cause you play a rubbish safety,then your,re certainly not makin life easier for yourself,it,s more like your defeatin the purpose.

I don,t want to sound negative already but if he loses against Maguire,then of course i,ll be disapointed but i certainly won,t be gutted.(ok,unless Maguire was to win 13-12. :grrr: <laugh> ).

If he manages to beat Maguire,then the party will continue,every win is a bonus. :-D

Many wrote Hendry off and said that he,d never even get to a 1/4 final again in a professional rankin tournament,well he,s showed them all,his critics and bashers has,nt he,not only that,what a way he started the 2012 World Championships by rattlin in yet another *147*!.

I,m just so happy for him,like millions of others are,that no matter what happens against Maguire and in the future,at least he,s had a good run,that he,s given his fans more moments of joy,that he,s shown us that he can still play snooker to a good,sometimes even very high standard,that he can still knock in centuries and still give most of the playes a scare. :happy:

Lets hops he continues to play and that he can still maintain his good level of snooker for many years to come!.

:hatoff: :bowdown: :happy: STEPHEN HENDRY MBE :happy: :bowdown: :hatoff:

♪♫♪♫ :-D http://youtu.be/_ovdm2yX4MA :-D ♪♫♪♫

Postby Roland

To get it in context though, for both players it's the biggest match of their career and both will be thinking it's a great chance to get to the last 8 so it could be a classic.