Topic locked

2010 Championship League Snooker - Group 7

Postby Monique

http://www.global-snooker.com/Champions ... roup-7.asp

It's running on 22-23 March 2010, featuring Ding Junhui, Steve Davis, Michael Holt, Jamie Cope, Joe Swail, Mark Williams and Peter Ebdon

http://matchroomsport.com/articleDetail ... cleId=1360
Three ex World Champions in action
For more info go to www.premierleaguesnooker.com/championship

SIX-TIME world champion Steve Davis is among the players in the seventh group of the Championship League Snooker next week.

There is one spot left to be claimed in the Winners’ Group but competition will be fierce at the Crondon Park Golf Club in Essex.

Davis joins other former world champions Peter Ebdon and Mark Williams in Group Seven, while UK Champion Ding Junhui will also be in action.

Jamie Cope, Joe Swail and Michael Holt are the other three players aiming to reach the Winners’ Group, where the overall champion will qualify for Matchroom Sport’s Premier League.

Group Seven takes place on Monday, March 22 and Tuesday, March 23 with the Winners’ Group held on Wednesday, March 24 and Thursday, March 25.

The players who have already secured their spots in the Winners’ Group are Stephen Maguire, John Higgins, Marco Fu, Neil Robertson, Mark Allen, Judd Trump.

Championship League Snooker is broadcast live on a number of betting websites. For more information please go to the official website www.premierleaguesnooker.com/championship

Group 7 – Mon & Tues 22/23 March
World rankings in brackets
Ding Junhui (13), Peter Ebdon (14), Mark Williams (15), Jamie cope (18 ), Joe Swail (22), Steve Davis (23) and Michael Holt (24).

FIXTURES BY TABLE
DAY ONE - MONDAY, MARCH 22
TABLE 1 (all times are approximate)
11am: Peter Ebdon v Joe Swail, 12.15pm: Ding Junhui v Steve Davis, Not before 2pm: Joe Swail v Mark Williams, 3.15pm: Steve Davis v Michael Holt, Not before 6pm: Joe Swail v Jamie Cope, 7.15pm: Mark Williams v Michael Holt

TABLE 2 (all times are approximate)
11am: Mark Williams v Jamie Cope, 12.15pm: Michael Holt v Peter Ebdon, Not before 2pm: Jamie Cope v Ding Junhui, 3.15pm: Peter Ebdon v Mark Williams, Not before 6pm: Ding Junhui v Michael Holt, 7.15pm: Steve Davis v Jamie Cope

DAY TWO - TUESDAY, MARCH 23
TABLE 1 (all times are approximate)
11am: Peter Ebdon v Steve Davis, 12.15pm: Jamie Cope v Michael Holt, Not before 2pm: Joe Swail v Michael Holt, 3.15pm: Mark Williams v Ding Junhui, Not before 6.30pm: Play-off first v fourth, 7.45pm: Final

TABLE 2 (all times are approximate)
11am: Joe Swail v Ding Junhui, 12.15pm: Mark Williams v Steve Davis, Not before 2pm: Peter Ebdon v Ding Junhui, 3.15pm: Joe Swail v Steve Davis, 4.30pm: Peter Ebdon v Jamie Cope, Not before 6.30pm: Play-off second v third

Date posted: March 18, 2010

Re: 2010 Championship League Snooker - Group 7

Postby Casey

If Higgins wins it gives Hearn the choice to pick a wildcard. I am hoping Allen takes it, if not then Trump, Ebdon would be Hearn's worst nightmare. :scared:

IMO the PL line up -

Murphy - defending champ
Higgins - World number 1
Ronnie O'Sullivan - Cert
Hendry - Cert
Ding - Chinese number 1, UK champion - Cert
Championship league winner
World Championship winner if not any of the above

I think Hearn will want to include Selby but it might not happen if he doesn’t win the World title.

Postby Monique

case_master wc wrote:If Higgins wins it gives Hearn the choice to pick a wildcard. I am hoping Allen takes it, if not then Trump, Ebdon would be Hearn's worst nightmare. :scared:

IMO the PL line up -

Murphy - defending champ
Higgins - World number 1
Ronnie O'Sullivan - Cert
Hendry - Cert
Ding - Chinese number 1, UK champion - Cert
Championship league winner
World Championship winner if not any of the above

I think Hearn will want to include Selby but it might not happen if he doesn’t win the World title.

I don't think Hendry is a cert ... alas.

Postby Casey

I don't know, still a big draw, people want to see him and the players want to play him. Hearn included White and Davis when they were further down in their careers.

Postby Monique

case_master wc wrote:I don't know, still a big draw, people want to see him and the players want to play him. Hearn included White and Davis when they were further down in their careers.

I know... still. If the WC champs is not amongst the guys previouly listed I'm not sure Hendo will be there.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
case_master wc wrote:I don't know, still a big draw, people want to see him and the players want to play him. Hearn included White and Davis when they were further down in their careers.

I know... still. If the WC champs is not amongst the guys previouly listed I'm not sure Hendo will be there.

On that list though there is room for a new world champion, however if it where not to be Robbo or Selby it would give Hearn a bit of a headache. I'm thinking he will want Higgins to win the CL to give him a bit more manoeuvrability on the choices.

Postby Wildey

I Hope Hendry not in it unless he wins the WC ;) i can hope lol

come to think about i think not only the inclusion of Fu but also the exclusion of Selby in favor of say Hendry was what made this competition so boring for me last year...
Last edited by Wildey on 20 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:I Hope Hendry not in it unless he wins the WC ;) i can hope lol

Why Wild? Because I'm certain Hendo would be totally peeved not to be part of it.

i want him peeved i want players to have to work their balls off to be part of something not get it because of status or popularity.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:I Hope Hendry not in it unless he wins the WC ;) i can hope lol

come to think about i think not only the inclusion of Fu but also the exclusion of Selby in favor of say Hendry was what made this competition so boring for me last year...

Hendry would love to win it again Wild, its a good stepping stone for confidence and with Ronnie losing it last year it should give the players more belief

Postby Monique

case_master wc wrote:

Hendry would love to win it again Wild, its a good stepping stone for confidence and with Ronnie losing it last year it should give the players more belief

And you can expect Ronnie to fight back ;)

Postby Casey

Yes no doubt, however you would expect the players to realise now that they have a chance. Before Ronnie was hammering everybody in the knockout stages.

Postby Wildey

possibly thinking about winning it every year cranked up the pressure on him this season i have no doubt now he hasn't got people saying he wins it every year we will see a far better performance from him next season.

Postby Monique

case_master wc wrote:Yes no doubt, however you would expect the players to realise now that they have a chance. Before Ronnie was hammering everybody in the knockout stages.

Not exactly Case. Already in the 2008/09 season he lost 1 match and got 3 draws. He finished only third in the table, and was safe before the last match of the RR mainly because the 2 matches he had won were twice whitewashes: 6-0 against Ding and Davis.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:where can you get live scores for this CL?

Thanks

http://www.global-snooker.com/champions ... roup-7.asp

or better still sign up for free and watch it on your computer http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp? ... 365_024277

thank you sir

your welcomed.

i signed up 3 years ago and ive bet nothing on it and im still eligible to watch snooker :excited:

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:where can you get live scores for this CL?

Thanks

http://www.global-snooker.com/champions ... roup-7.asp

or better still sign up for free and watch it on your computer http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp? ... 365_024277

thank you sir

your welcomed.

i signed up 3 years ago and ive bet nothing on it and im still eligible to watch snooker :excited:

So am I...
Williams quite impressive until now.
Cope as usual is frustrating. Has he no b-game or does he just refuse to play it?

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:I hope Williams can take this group, Ding will be in the PL regardless. Really hoping Allen can win the whole thing, if not then Trump <ok>

I thought Ding would be in last year but they put Fu in ffs, what a poor decision that was. On the other hand, look what Ding did when he wasn't playing ... GP final and UK win. I hope Ding does well here but i'm not going to be too disappointed if he doesn't win, he's scoring well and that's good for confidence going into China, where he's been sh*t in recent years.

Postby Bourne

Cheesyman99 wrote:Home in time for Holt to lose!

:evilgrin:

Wouldn't like to see Davis make the PL, as much as I like him, that's just a marriage that will never work.