Topic locked

World Championship (Sat 28th of April) Last 16 Disscusion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Saturday 28th of April

10am

Joe Perry 5-11 Stephen Maguire to a finish
Ryan Day 6-2 Cao Yupeng

2.30pm

John Higgins 4-12 Stephen Hendry to a finish
Mark Williams v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm

Ali Carter v Judd Trump
Ryan Day v Cao Yupeng to a finish

on this date in 1985 Dennis Taylor Beat Steve Davis in the Famous Black Ball Final

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Sat 28th of April) Round 2 Disscusio

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Any chance of a Perry or a Higgins comeback? Discuss.

12-4 overnight Higgins could come out all guns blazing but hendry will get enough chances to win 1 from 9 lol

Re: World Championship (Sat 28th of April) Round 2 Disscusio

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Any chance of a Perry or a Higgins comeback? Discuss.

12-4 overnight Higgins could come out all guns blazing but hendry will get enough chances to win 1 from 9 lol

Remember that match Higgins had with Ronnie at Telford the other year? When Higgins needed one frame, and Ronnie won a squillion in a row?

Imagine the one frame Hendry wins is the decider. rofl

Re: World Championship (Sat 28th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby onlyevertonjon

I'm not here to knock John but I have always said that the last two championships have been skin on the teeth stuff and he hasnt been the best player in the tournament but been the winner.

He is a great, dogged match player but he has gone to the well here too many times in Sheffield and this year has come up short. O'Sullivan, Williams, and then Trump should have beaten him last year and Cope, Selby in 09. I, for one am not surprised then he has come up short because you cant just keep digging out performances. Seriously when was the last time he played great at the Crucible for the whole match?! Great credit goes to him for winning 2 Worlds when he wasnt the best player in the tournement. Really stuggle to think of another I former champ I can say that about though.

Postby onlyevertonjon

Massive Williams gets a good start tomorrow. He was poorish at times against Liu Chang. If he falls behind early against Ronnie I could see a 13-6, 13-7. Im not sure Williams believes he can beat Ronnie anymore and therefore a good start is cruical for him and I hope it happens cos it could be magic that match.

That said Ronnie vs Robertson would be special!

Postby onlyevertonjon

Muppet147 wrote:Yes, looking forward to Ronnie - Robbo. (If it happens.)

Maguire - Hendry should be quite a match too, though I think Maguire will be too strong for Hendry.

Im trying to stop myself thinking Ronnie vs Trump final...that would be awesome!

Ronnie has let me down too many times to let me dream about that though haha

Postby Andre147

onlyevertonjon wrote:Massive Williams gets a good start tomorrow. He was poorish at times against Liu Chang. If he falls behind early against Ronnie I could see a 13-6, 13-7. Im not sure Williams believes he can beat Ronnie anymore and therefore a good start is cruical for him and I hope it happens cos it could be magic that match.

That said Ronnie vs Robertson would be special!

You're right yeah, Williams needs to start well and kinda of tell to Ronnie: I'm here to win this.. not just to get beaten again by a player who has got the better of me over the last 10 years... if he doesn't, Ronnie might run away with it... although Ronnie beat Ebdon comfortably, he didn't play that great, what impressed me most was his safety during that match...

As someone said here a few days ago when he won that, Steve Davis in his prime would have been proud of some of the safety shots he managed to pull off..

And yeah a Robbo v Ronnie match will be something special, one I am really looking for if O'Sullivan can overcome Williams.

Another amazing thing is that Ronnie and Mark have met here every 2 years since 2006.

2006: quarter-final Ronnie won 13-11
2008 2nd Round Ronnie won 13-7
2010 2nd Round Ronnie won 13-10
2012 2nd Round Ronnie wins 13-9 :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

onlyevertonjon wrote:

Maguire - Hendry should be quite a match too, though I think Maguire will be too strong for Hendry.

Im trying to stop myself thinking Ronnie vs Trump final...that would be awesome!

No Higgins or Selby this year. Only Robbo in his way to the title I feel.

Postby Andre147

onlyevertonjon wrote:

I know the feeling... :john: :john: :john:

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:i always think at some point Williams Will turn up vs Ronnie and he never does but at some point i think the tide will turn so why not this week.

Won't happen. MJW hasn't turned up vs anyone since Shanghai, nevermind Ronnie.