Topic locked

World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusion !!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Friday 27th of April

10am

John Higgins v Stephen Hendry
Dave Gilbert 3-5 Neil Robertson

2.30pm

Joe Perry 3-5 Stephen Maguire
Ryan Day v Cao Yupeng

7pm

Dave Gilbert v Neil Robertson to a finish

on this date in 1994 Steve Davis Reached the Last of His 11 Crucible Semi Finals

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Fri 27th of April) Last 16 Disscusio

Postby Skullman

Good luck Honest John BOHE and Robbo tomorrow morning, and Yupeng for the afternoon. Hope Maguire and Perry keep it up, although I think Maguire will start running away with at some point. You get the feeling Joe is hanging onto Maguire and hoping he makes a mistake.

Postby vodkadiet

Robertson looked awesome from 3-1 down today. He will take a lot of beating.

Williams will need to play a lot better if he is to beat O'Sullivan. He is long overdue a win against O'Sullivan, then again so is Carter!!

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:good luck robbo, hendo and mags.
I'm sitting on the fence with day v cao

If Cao wins he stays on the tour. Motivation enough? ;-)

But also, pressure enough?

Cao cue action and potting is :bowdown:

And if that don't work, he'll resort to some Chinese cheating.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:good luck robbo, hendo and mags.
I'm sitting on the fence with day v cao

If Cao wins he stays on the tour. Motivation enough? ;-)

But also, pressure enough?

Cao cue action and potting is :bowdown:

And if that don't work, he'll resort to some Chinese cheating :telloff: :censored: .

Postby Snooker Overdrive

John Higgins vs Stephen Hendry:

Two all time greats facing each other for the first time ever in the Crucible. What a match that will be. It would have been absolutely amazing 10 years ago but it still should be a terrific match now in the year 2012.
Stephen Hendry has had many incredible moments and victories here at the Crucible but I'm sure a win over the reigning World Champion would be up there with his greatest moments he had here.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm sure a win over the reigning World Champion would be up there with his greatest moments he had here.

hes bringing his golf clubs down with him from scotland but he will be up for that match like hes never been

John is the closest challanger for his 7 WC so this is a Classic Moment like Hendry v Davis in 1994 semi final when Stephen was the challanger...

Postby Wildey

The 8 First Round Qualifiers to reach Last 16 in 1992 were

Mick Price beat Dennis Taylor 10-6
Alan Mcmanus Beat Mike Hallett 10-8
Jim Wych Beat Dean Raynolds 10-7
Willie Thorne Beat Gary Wilkinson 10-6
Peter Ebdon Beat Steve Davis 10-4
Chris Small Beat Doug Mountjoy 10-7
Dene O'Kane Beat Steve James 10-9
James Wattana Beat Tony Jones 10-4

Postby hendry_fan

Has to be one of the best,most exciting matches in a long time,2 absolute GIANTS,LEGENDS,2 OF THE GREATEST EVER SNOOKER PLAYERS battlin it out and what a place to do it,at The World Championships,at the one n only "Crucible"!.

I won,t be able to see any of the first session but i,ll have my baffys on,my irn bru,my Walkers shortbread and my bagpipe ready for the evening session. :-D

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HENDRY!!!!,.....

,....send that spudhead John back to his rubbish life in that rubbish wee country called Scotland!!!. ;-) :-D :D :happy:

Postby vodkadiet

hendry_fan wrote:John Higgins v Stephen Hendry

Has to be one of the best,most exciting matches in a long time,2 absolute GIANTS,LEGENDS,2 OF THE GREATEST EVER SNOOKER PLAYERS battlin it out and what a place to do it,at The World Championships,at the one n only "Crucible"!.

I won,t be able to see any of the first session but i,ll have my baffys on,my irn bru,my Walkers shortbread and my bagpipe ready for the evening session. :-D

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HENDRY!!!!,.....

,....send that spudhead John back to his rubbish life in that rubbish wee country called Scotland!!!. ;-) :-D :D :happy:

Glasgow vs Edinburgh

:gag:

Postby sundaygirl

Can't believe we haven't seen this match at the Crucible before, want Hendry to win but went for Higgins in the Prediction Contest. Talking of which SnookerFan would you care to entertain me with your predictions for this round.

Postby daraghj82

come on stephen !!!!!!! 5-3 in your favour for the first session is what you need against john. when stephen wins this tomorrow, im going party like its 1999 ............ lol