Topic locked

Ding Junhui a sore loser

Postby vodkadiet

Ding Junhui showed his true colours today after losing to Ryan Day. He was blaming the table and the crowd.

I am not sure about the table, but I know one thing there are plenty of unsporting Chinese fans who watch here in the UK. I remember in The Welsh Open this year when John Higgins missed a chance to clinch the match against Ding, and the Chinese fans cheered Higgins's error.

You can't take losing Ding.

Day

:-D

Overhyped Ding

:td:

Re: Ding Junhui a sore loser

Postby Casey

If he was a good loser, then he would be a loser.

It shows it hurts, so he will be back to winning ways next season.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:If he was a good loser, then he would be a loser.

yup i prefere to hear players snake hissed off and not go in.

"well that how it goes some you win some you lose"

lets show some hurt and passion to what just happened.

Postby NedB-H

He lost. He is a loser anyway :chin:

I hate this attitude about you have to be a bad loser to be successful, there's been tonnes of great sportsmen who were gracious in defeat, I think it's mostly used by people who are bad losers themselves and want an excuse for acting like tits. That said, Ding's comments weren't that dreadful, seen plenty worse.

Postby vodkadiet

NedB-H wrote:

I hate this attitude about you have to be a bad loser to be successful, there's been tonnes of great sportsmen who were gracious in defeat, I think it's mostly used by people who are bad losers themselves and want an excuse for acting like tits. That said, Ding's comments weren't that dreadful, seen plenty worse.

:hatoff:

Postby Casey

NedB-H wrote:

There have been a ton of great sportsmen who are good lossers, but the greatest tend to be bad losers -

Hendry
Davis
Rafa Nadal
Rodger Federer
Michael Schumacher
Tiger Woods
Alex Ferguson
Mourinho
Arsene Wenger

The list goes on.....

Postby Casey

NedB-H wrote:Nadal? Federer??? I'd have them on my good loser list!

Good PR - maybe there is a difference between those that are good losers in front of the media but different away from the camera?

Postby Roland

Ding is lovable in his sore losership, his press conference was hilarious. It was rubbish. bucking.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ding is lovable in his sore losership, his press conference was hilarious. It was rubbish. bucking.

the whole confrence took about a minute and a half and proberbly cost him £250 <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ding is lovable in his sore losership, his press conference was hilarious. It was rubbish. bucking.

the whole confrence took about a minute and a half and proberbly cost him £250 <laugh>

Amateurs. I want to see a Wild press conference. £250 would be the first four words. :D

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

Amateurs. I want to see a Wild press conference. £250 would be the first four words. :D

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Smart

A dejected Ding said: "It was all rubbish. I don't think I played well. I was concentrating on the game and people kept shouting. How can they do that? People say Chinese fans are not good but I come here and what do they do?"

However Day refuted the suggestion that his followers had put Ding off. "I didn't think there was any calling out at the wrong time," he said. "With a match like that everyone who is watching is right behind who they want to win. I didn't notice that there was any sort of calling out at the wrong time when the player was on the shot. If there's calling out after someone has left an opportunity or a player is just coming back into the arena then that's fair enough."

___________________________________________________________________________________

I think Ryan is right here. I had a very enthusiastic Chinese couple behind me and they were shouting out for Ding, and they were doing it at the right times, just like the Day fans were shouting out - AT THE RIGHT TIMES.

Ding did not perform and did not close out the match, end of. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

He really is adorable when he's angry rofl

Didn't you hear him? He said the fans were bucking wubbish.

rofl rofl

Postby Monique

It certainly wasn't hilarious for those who attended it. At least I don't find the sight of a very distraught young man hilarious and most around me were visibly ill at ease also.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

The fines from a Wild press conference would be enough to stop the recession.

Postby PLtheRef

I don't think there was much out of order on Ryan's fans behalf here.

I remember last year when he played Bingham many Chinese fans would stand up and show their thumbs down whenever Stuart played a great shot, and they certainly got more vocal from 12-8 onwards when Stuart made mistakes.

I'm sure I've read somewhere where a Chinese media person was reprimanded by a referee for cheering in the press box whenever Mark Selby missed in the quarter-finals last year.

Postby Skullman

PLtheRef wrote:I don't think there was much out of order on Ryan's fans behalf here.

I remember last year when he played Bingham many Chinese fans would stand up and show their thumbs down whenever Stuart played a great shot, and they certainly got more vocal from 12-8 onwards when Stuart made mistakes.

I'm sure I've read somewhere where a Chinese media person was reprimanded by a referee for cheering in the press box whenever Mark Selby missed in the quarter-finals last year.

:irk: I remember that match from last year. I wanted Bingham to win just so that all the Chinese fans, who were being dickish, were disappointed.

Postby jojo

john higgins is a sore loser after the amount of times he lose then say he play rubbish and his form not been good

hes also complained a fair few times about table conditions when losing and i remember on one occasion after losing he slated the chinese for giving the tv table to davis v morgan meaning he had to play his match on the non tv table

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:john higgins is a sore loser after the amount of times he lose then say he play rubbish and his form not been good

hes also complained a fair few times about table conditions when losing and i remember on one occasion after losing he slated the chinese for giving the tv table to davis v morgan meaning he had to play his match on the non tv table

He is so sore that one time he lost a world champs match to a pensioner and he was so sore and upset he went drinking in Kiev. :pal:

Postby vodkadiet

Ding seems to be blind to the fact taht the Chinese fans are disgraceful at times.

The English fans are the best, because they just support the player, and don't give a monkeys about the nationality. The prime exmple is when Steve Davis played Alex Higgins.

Patriotism

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Ding seems to be blind to the fact taht the Chinese fans are disgraceful at times.

The English fans are the best, because they just support the player, and don't give a monkeys about the nationality. The prime exmple is when Steve Davis played Alex Higgins.

Patriotism

Tempted to make another Mark Allen joke, but you do have a point. How many times do the mobile phones go off in China compared to in the UK? Loads.

But I think Ding's comments were made in the heat of the moment, and he didn't actually believe them. Unlike a certain somebody's idiotic comments.

Postby jojo

funny how no one mention that idiotic fan with the scottish accent who supported higgins shouted out twice when liang was on a break higgins wasnt even on the table yet michaela tabb didnt say anything

needless to say liang miss the pot and look disgusted at the crowd and the commentator wanted to pick up on it but didnt

michaela tabb must be one of the worst referees out there if she isnt letting out a shreek then she dropping a colour onto the reds therefore messing up the table or showing bias toward john higgins like on saturday

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:funny how no one mention that idiotic fan with the scottish accent who supported higgins shouted out twice when liang was on a break higgins wasnt even on the table yet michaela tabb didnt say anything

needless to say liang miss the pot and look disgusted at the crowd and the commentator wanted to pick up on it but didnt

michaela tabb must be one of the worst referees out there if she isnt letting out a shreek then she dropping a colour onto the reds therefore messing up the table or showing bias toward john higgins like on saturday

I was sat right by him one session, actually. He was getting annoying. "Come on John!", "Come on Scotland!"

<laugh> Idiot.

Postby gallantrabbit

The Chinese lads are bound to be a bit sore after some of the rubbish that Allen has thrown at them. They clearly stick together too, see Chuang comments on Cao.
Very surprisingf to see Ding lose against anyone from 9-6 up but particularly to Day, who has been struggling.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:I don't think there was much out of order on Ryan's fans behalf here.

Does Ryan Day even have any fans?

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:

Does Ryan Day even have any fans?

Only when it gets really hot indoors!