Topic locked

World Championship (Wed 25th of April) Round 1 Disscussion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Wednesday 25th of April

10am

Graeme Dott 1-8 Joe Perry to a finish
Ding Junhui 4-5 Ryan Day to a finish

2.30pm

Judd Trump 5-4 Dominic Dale to a finish
Mark Williams v Liu Chuang

7pm

Ali Carter v Mark Davis
Mark Selby 3-6 Barry Hawkins to a finish

on this date in 1997 Lee Walker Beat Alan Mcmanus 13-10 to reach the Quarter Finals on his Crucible Debut

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Wed 25th of April) Round 1 Disscussi

Postby jojo

lee walker was a semi fat runt wasnt he ?

i remember when he accumulated so many points from fouls in one match when his opponent miss so many times cant remember who it against

as for selby he been severely hampered with a neck problem didnt see his match today but im guessing the neck problem restricted him i wouldnt be surprised if hawkins complete the win

as for lee again didnt see his match but he was never a contender to win the world championship no matter how good his season has been if people chose not to see that well that up to them

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:lee walker was a semi fat runt wasnt he ?

i remember when he accumulated so many points from fouls in one match when his opponent miss so many times cant remember who it against

as for selby he been severely hampered with a neck problem didnt see his match today but im guessing the neck problem restricted him i wouldnt be surprised if hawkins complete the win

as for lee again didnt see his match but he was never a contender to win the world championship no matter how good his season has been if people chose not to see that well that up to them

Like I said on the other thread, I think he was just crap today, because he was good before the MSI, although a bit unlucky.

Postby Alex0paul

jojo wrote:lee walker was a semi fat runt wasnt he ?

Lee Walker wasn't fat. I think he was possibly the shortest professional of all time.

Postby jojo

do you know how serious his neck injury is ? when he gave a radio interview before the start of the event he said it was hampering him so much to the extent that he wasnt practicing and would have pulled out had it not been the world championship

i would like to see him do well here as you almost always get drama when he playing against the big players ie ding higgins o sullivan etc

hawkins with all due respect will add nothing just a waste of space outside all those concerened with barry hawkins

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:do you know how serious his neck injury is ? when he gave a radio interview before the start of the event he said it was hampering him so much to the extent that he wasnt practicing and would have pulled out had it not been the world championship

i would like to see him do well here as you almost always get drama when he playing against the big players ie ding higgins o sullivan etc

hawkins with all due respect will add nothing just a waste of space outside all those concerened with barry hawkins

I think he said on his blog that his neck was much improved, although he only managed to get a week's worth of practise in.

Postby jojo

no he was in the nineties not in the proportions of stephen lee or even shaun murphy but he was one

anyway he disappeared off the radar pretty much he did show some promise in the nineties think he was young player of the year one year or best newcomer but the standard is tough though strong players everywhere

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Going to the Crucible tomorrow again to watch Williams v Chendry

Cannot wait, Liu Chuang is a quality player and I can't wait to see him in action and give Williams a pasting, just hoping after his comments about the Crucible, Williams does a Ronnie and walks out on the match.

Massive battle for Trump on the other table, hope is is ok and raring to go and will pull away from Dale and win, then Hawkins v Selby could be an excellent battle at night.

Just a shame it's meant to rain all day.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Going to the Crucible tomorrow again to watch Williams v Chendry

Cannot wait, Liu Chuang is a quality player and I can't wait to see him in action and give Williams a pasting, just hoping after his comments about the Crucible, Williams doesn't do a Ronnie and walks out on the match.

Massive battle for Trump on the other table, hope is is ok and raring to go and will pull away from Dale and win, then Hawkins v Selby could be an excellent battle at night.

Just a shame it's meant to rain all day.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:He should be plenty good enough to have a few weeks rest and be able to play to a high standard again.

True.

But the standard of every other player is so high these days, and if his neck is still giving him jip, it's not ideal preperation. He didn't pull out of China because he had no worries about his performance being affected.

Postby SnookerFan

Oooh, I've got an e-mail from the nice woman who worked on reception in my hotel, thanking me for my kind comments about the staff in the feedback form I filled in. Smooth! :D

(I am ignoring the fact I think I called her Anne, when her name was Aimee.)

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Great Western? Is it good?

It's not too bad, I've stayed there before. It's convenient for The Crucible, and the majority of people there are there for the snooker. It's got a small bar area, so if you feel like a bit of bar propping up after the matches, you'll get people in there chatting about the snooker.

Also look out for the fit blond bird on reception. I'd tell you to say hi for me, but after several days of badly flirting with her, you'd probably get thrown out.