Topic locked

World Championship (Tues 24th of April) Round 1 Disscusion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Tuesday 24th of April

10am

Judd Trump v Dominic Dale
Ding Junhui v Ryan Day

2.30pm

Graeme Dott v Joe Perry
Ronnie O'Sullivan 7-2 Peter Ebdon to a finish

7pm

Stephen Lee 4-5 Andrew Higginson to a finish
Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins

on this date in 2004 Joe Perry defeated the Defending champion Mark Williams 13-11

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Tues 24th of April) Round 1 Disscusi

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Skullman Mark Selby looks like he's wearing makeup in that picture you have there <laugh> ;-)

:shrug: Still doesn't compare to Dominic Dale.

Anyway if he wins the title, I won't care if he does it in a frilly pink dress.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The pattern with the qualifiers this year is that they either play really well or absolutely awful.

What about Liang? I thought he was average on Saturday. Nowhere near his best, but still made a few good breaks and played decent to go 8-6 up from 4-6 down.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:The pattern with the qualifiers this year is that they either play really well or absolutely awful.

What about Liang? I thought he was average on Saturday. Nowhere near his best, but still made a few good breaks and played decent to go 8-6 up from 4-6 down.

He nearly completely disappeared off the radar for a couple of years and considering that he played very well and nearly beat the World Champion who only lost 2 times in his career in the first round. He exceeded all our expectation and so I say he played really well.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Dott will need some huge mental strength if he beats Perry to advance to the latter stages, I have included him in a three way along with Maguire and Trump as the players I see getting to the final from the top half. However with that hectic schedule it might well mess his chances up.

Will be an interesting outcome on Lee and Higginson tomorrow night, could be 10-9 that could, hoping Selby v Hawkins is tight aswell and that Selby doesn't run away with it, even though I will be supporting him, I like Barry aswell.

Postby Wildey

This will be Judd Trumps Most Testing Tournament to Date.

Last year he was such a hit fantastic Snooker Brilliant potting the pressure to re produce that will be massive this year and his Friends expect it lets see how he copes with all that

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I will be watching Ding - Day for now.

keeping an eye on that but seeing how Judd's return to the scene of his greatest moment is intriguing

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

keeping an eye on that but seeing how Judd's return to the scene of his greatest moment is intriguing

He is not doing too well. I said it before and I say it again - Judd is NOT a main title contender this year.

dont think there is a main title contender i think you can make a case for

Robbo,Trump,Ronnie,Ding,Higgins,Selby,maguire or in Randam's case Dominic Dale :redneck:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:

He is not doing too well. I said it before and I say it again - Judd is NOT a main title contender this year.

dont think there is a main title contender i think you can make a case for

Robbo,Trump,Ronnie,Ding,Higgins,Selby,maguire or in Randam's case Dominic Dale :redneck:

the main contenders left are Robbo, Ronnie, Ding, Selby and Maguire in no particular order
Allen is the only main contender already out

Trump and Higgins are not playing well enough to be a main contender