Post a reply

WLBSA World Championships 2012

Postby roy142857

I know the Ladies World Championship commences today, but I've not been able to find much information - anyone know any details?

I saw on cuesportnews.com that contestants include Maria Catalano, Emma Bonney, Reanne Evans, Latvia's Tatjana Vasiljeva, Chitra M and Revanna Umadevi from India plus the Hong Kong players who impressed last year by all making the quarter finals - Jaique Ip Wan In, Yu Ching Ching, So Man Yan and Ng On Yee.

Re: WLBSA World Championships 2012

Postby markj147

Nope not this year. We are not going. There are a few reasons which I won't go into but Hannah is devastated she isn't playing. We are at England under 21s today and Derbyshire under 17s tomorrow so lots of snooker.:)

Postby markj147

Tatjana Vasiljeva and Joe Perry completed a hat-trick of Mixed Pairs titles in the opening event of the women’s world championships in Cambridge today.

Rumour has it they were going to have the trophy for six months each but the cost of postage from Chatteris to Latvia proved to be a major hurdle.

MIXED PAIRS RESULTS

QUARTER-FINALS: Natascha Niermann & Will Scott beat Mandy Fisher & Phil Mumford 3-2, Tatjana Vasiljeva & Joe Perry beat Fran Calvert & Aidan Owens 3-1, Vicky Carter & Rob Shirley beat Jasmine Bolsover & Gavin Bolsover 3-1, Emma Bonney & Nigel Ward beat Jan Hughes & David Pyke 3-0.

SEMI-FINALS: Vasiljeva & Perry beat Niermann & Scott 3-0, Bonney & Ward beat Carter & Shirley 3-1.

FINAL: Vasiljeva & Perry beat Bonney & Ward 3-0.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

The draw has been made for the weekend’s round-robin groups.

Matches will be played at 10am, noon and 3pm on Saturday and 10am and noon on Sunday. Top four seeds in brackets.

GROUP 1
Maria Catalano (1)
Marianne Williams
Tatjana Vasiljeva
Yu Ching Ching
Jasmine Bolsover
Eva Palmius

GROUP 2
Reanne Evans (3)
Revanna Umadevi
Naomi Clare
Chris Sharpe
Jenny Poulter
So Man Yan

GROUP 3
Vicky Carter (4)
Suzie Opacic
Ng On Yee
Martina Lumsden
Maureen Rowland
Jaique Ip Wan In

GROUP 4
Emma Bonney (2)
Chitra Magimairaj
Katie Henrick
Natascha Niermann
Tina Owen-Sevilton
Jan Hughes

Tim Dunkley (WLBSA press officer)

Postby markj147

I received an email from Chitra Magimairaj yesterday informing me that she has had to cancel her trip over so not sure if Umadevi is there either.

Postby markj147

World Ladies Billiards & Snooker Association press release

THE top four seeds are safely through to the knockout stage of the women’s world championships at Cambridge Snooker Centre.

World number one Maria Catalano dropped just one frame in the round-robin stages to book a last-16 date with number four seed Vicky Carter, who qualified fourth in her group.

Seven-time world champion Reanne Evans won all five of her matches but dropped three frames. She faces India’s Chitra Magimairaj.

Emma Bonney, the only player yet to lose a frame, meets Chris Sharpe.

Group C winner Ng On Yee, one of four Hong Kong women in the last-16, takes on her compatriot Yu Ching Ching.

ROUND-ROBIN RESULTS (SEEDS)

GROUP 1
No Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 Pts Pos
1 Maria Catalano (1) 3 3 2 3 3 19 1
2 Marianne Williams 0 0 0 2 1 4 5
3 Tatjana Vasiljeva 0 3 2 3 0 11 3
4 Yu Ching Ching 1 3 1 3 1 11 4
5 Jasmine Bolsover 0 1 0 0 1 2 6
6 Eva Palmius 0 2 3 2 2 13 2

GROUP 2
1 Reanne Evans (3) 2 3 2 3 2 17 1
2 Revanna Umadevi 1 3 2 0 0 8 5
3 Naomi Clare 0 0 0 0 0 0 6
4 Chris Sharpe 1 1 3 2 1 10 4
5 Jenny Poulter 0 3 3 1 2 12 3
6 So Man Yan 1 3 3 2 1 13 2

GROUP 3
1 Vicky Carter (4) 0 0 2 2 1 7 4
2 Suzie Opacic 3 1 2 3 0 12 3
3 Ng On Yee 3 2 3 3 3 19 1
4 Martina Lumsden 1 1 0 1 1 4 5
5 Maureen Rowland 1 0 0 2 0 4 6
6 Jaique Ip Wan In 2 3 0 2 3 14 2

GROUP 4
1 Emma Bonney (2) 3 3 3 3 3 20 1
2 Chitra Magimairaj 0 1 0 2 3 8 4
3 Katie Henrick 0 2 3 3 3 15 2
4 Natascha Niermann 0 3 0 1 2 8 3
5 Tina Owen-Sevilton 0 1 0 2 3 8 5
6 Jan Hughes 0 0 0 1 0 1 6

ROUND-ROBIN BREAKS

Maria Catalano: 80, 51, 49, 48, 40, 35, 31.
Reanne Evans: 76, 60, 56, 55, 35, 32.
Ng On Yee: 64, 54, 47, 44, 44, 33, 31, 30.
Chitra Magimairaj: 56, 54.
So Man Yan: 56, 41, 30.
Tatjana Vasiljeva: 50, 33, 31.
Yu Ching Ching: 50.
Emma Bonney: 48, 47, 41, 36, 32.
Chris Sharpe: 47.
Jaique Ip Wan In: 43.
Jenny Poulter: 41.
Marianne Williams: 32
Vicky Carter: 31, 30.

KNOCKOUT DRAW
LAST-16 (10am, Mon, April 23): Maria Catalano (Dudley, West Mids) v Vicky Carter (Sandy, Beds), Eva Palmius (Isleham, Cambs) v Suzie Opacic (Brambridge, Hants), Tatjana Vasiljeva (Latvia) v Jaique Ip Wan In (Hong Kong), Yu Ching Ching (Hong Kong) v Ng On Yee (Hong Kong), Reanne Evans (Dudley, West Mids) v Chitra Magimairaj (India), So Man Yan (Hong Kong) v Natascha Niermann (Cambridge), Jenny Poulter (Maidstone) v Katie Henrick (Bickley, Kent), Chris Sharpe (Chelmsford) v Emma Bonney (Portsmouth).

SENIORS DRAW
QUARTER-FINALS (Sun, April 22): Maureen Rowland (Wallsend, Tyne & Wear) v Eva Palmius (Isleham, Cambs), Jan Hughes (St Neots, Cambs) v Revanna Umadevi (India), Chris Sharpe (Chelmsford) v Jenny Poulter (Maidstone). Bye: Martina Lumsden (Eastbourne).

PLATE DRAW
QUARTER-FINALS (9.30am, Mon, April 23): Martina Lumsden (Eastbourne) v Tina Owen-Sevilton (Taunton), Maureen Rowland (Wallsend, Tyne & Wear) v Jan Hughes (St Neots, Cambs), Marianne Williams (Smallfield, Surrey) v Revanna Umadevi (India). Bye: Naomi Clare (Ripley, Derbys).

More details and action shots of most of the ladies available from:

Tim Dunkley (WLBSA press office)
88 Lionheart Way
Bursledon Green
Southampton
SO31 8HN
Tel home: 02380 562647
Mobile: 07986 376114
E-Mail: timdunkleysnookerdad@hotmail.com

Postby markj147

markj147 wrote:I received an email from Chitra Magimairaj yesterday informing me that she has had to cancel her trip over so not sure if Umadevi is there either.

Chitra manages to get through to the knockouts whilst still being in India. Amazing.. :)

Postby markj147

Just read that in the semi finals. Maria Catalano - cousin of Ronnie knocked in a 116 in the first frame and compiled a 74 clearance in the 2nd frame to go 2-0 up against Tatjana Vasiljeva. Best of 7's

Reanne is playing Katie Henrick in the other semi final. No idea what the score is there.

Postby Casey

How can Maria Catalano be World number 1 if Reanne has only lost 1 match in the last 4-5 years?

Postby markj147

The new committee scrapped the rankings and seedings and did open draws at each event. So the events are based on the results from this year. Reanne ended up joint 4th with Vicky Carter! Maria won a few tournaments this year so goes into the event as number 1.

I believe there were concerns raised at the AGM last night. Not sure what the outcome was as yet.

Hannah fought hard to get to a WR of 6 and she is now down to a ranking around 15/16th. Hannah only attended a couple of events though and didnt enter the Worlds.

I think this best sums it up from me.......

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Postby markj147

I am not sure to be honest Roy, I certainly hope so.

I have resigned from the board but to be fair I didnt really get to find out the selections until they were offical anyway. Using the years ranking lists I would have thought Maria and Reanne would be offered a spot and as they enjoy spending time together at events then I would think they would accept a spot. I know Reanne will go as she is sponsored by OnQ and titles are important for her. Maria works in the summer for her father and he can be quite strict about her time off during their peak period.

Postby markj147

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2 ... cambridge/

I am struggling to see how this promotes the ladies game in a good light. I am referring to the filming and editing of course.

Only good bit is the interview with Jan Hughes and in the background Vic Hartley looks fast asleep standing up. That man is a legend and needs a knighthood. :)
Last edited by markj147 on 24 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby markj147

Sorry Hannah was out practising billiards with Jamie Bodle before the England Under 19's on sunday so missed the update.

Reanne won 5-3 in the end to secure her 8th title.

I wish it was on streaming as well Roy. It would have been if I was there.