Topic locked

Cao Yupeng

Postby Rocket_ron

Today is the first time I've ever seen this lad play and Im impressed. I think he has the best cue action I've ever seen and a great potter too.

He is my version of OBP :hatoff:
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 21 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Cao Yupeng

Postby Skullman

Rocket_ron wrote:Today is the first time I've ever seen this lad play and Im impressed. I think he has the best cue action I've ever seen and a grat potter too.

What's an OBP?

Postby Lucky

and a grat potter :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:Today is the first time I've ever seen this lad play and Im impressed. I think he has the best cue action I've ever seen and a grat potter too.

What's an OBP?

Ask sonny or smart

Postby Rocket_ron

Lucky wrote:and a grat potter :chin:

Sorry, missed off the "e" my keyboard is shot tbh. now edited

Postby Skullman

Ok I know what an OBP is now. Technically I was supporting Cao since the qualifiers, but I'll let it slide. Don't think I've found my SMP yet.

Postby snooky147

The boy can certainly play a bit and is maturing fast. Still a bit on the naive side in his playing.

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Rocket_ron wrote:deserved to be better than 5-4 imo

Which is probably the reason Allen will turn it around this afternoon.

Postby Rocket_ron

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:deserved to be better than 5-4 imo

Which is probably the reason Allen will turn it around this afternoon.

yes real shame

Postby Rocket_ron

Come on Cao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just need Brecel to come through and I will be happy

Postby randam05

As boring as a damp sock.

Postby NedB-H

Did you watch the first session? Most exciting qualifier I've seen

Postby randam05

NedB-H wrote:Did you watch the first session? Most exciting qualifier I've seen

I did, but he has a very slow average cue action. No facial expression or character at all. Didnt play many exciting shots. Just looks standard and nothing different.

Not saying hes bad, cause he played some very good snooker and coped with pressure well.

Postby Rocket_ron

hi Ned not seen you for a while, hope your ok?

yes Him and Brecel are future champions no question they could/will do better than trump i feel

Postby randam05

Rocket_ron wrote:

yes Him and Brecel are future champions no question they could/will do better than trump i feel

Caos good, but theres no way I would predict as a future champion. Could be like Anda Zhang, im sure plenty said that and hes barely won a match since. I can see a similar thing happening.

However I think Brecel will be something else, very good and I like him a lot.

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

Caos good, but theres no way I would predict as a future champion. Could be like Anda Zhang, im sure plenty said that and hes barely won a match since. I can see a similar thing happening.

Brecel will be a World Champion in/within 5 years

Postby randam05

Rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

Brecel will be a World Champion in/within 5 years

Again I wouldnt so that, many predicted that about Trump. Okay a world final, but still hasnt happened.

Postby Skullman

I dunno. I think Brecel has that single minded Hendry-like focus that Trump doesn't. Of course there are plenty more hungry, talented players out there than in Hendry's time and Brecel (and Trump) may never win it.

Postby NedB-H

Rocket_ron wrote:

:wave: not bad thanks, been too busy to follow much snooker this year, but will always keep an eye on the WCs!

I thought Cao looked really exciting yesterday, took on everything and made some ridiculous pots. Maybe not got the all round game to challenge for titles, or not yet, but certainly wasn't boring

Postby randam05

The main contenders for near future champions are Robertson, Allen, Selby, Murphy, Ding, Trump with possibilities of Higgins, Ronnie and maguire. No argueing they are the top likely winners of WC in next 5 years.

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:The main contenders for near future champions are Robertson, Allen, Selby, Murphy, Ding, Trump with possibilities of Higgins, Ronnie and maguire. No argueing they are the top likely winners of WC in next 5 years.

No offence to selby fans but I hope he never win the WC that for me would be the death for me as a snooker fn

Postby Skullman

Rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:The main contenders for near future champions are Robertson, Allen, Selby, Murphy, Ding, Trump with possibilities of Higgins, Ronnie and maguire. No argueing they are the top likely winners of WC in next 5 years.

No offence to selby fans but I hope he never win the WC that for me would be the death for me as a snooker fn

You know putting no offense doesn't stop people being offended. Selby is class.

Postby Rocket_ron

Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

<doh> I've had to sit and read through loads of ronnie bashing in the past mainly on this forum, just have to get over it

Postby Skullman

Rocket_ron wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

<doh> I've had to sit and read through loads of ronnie bashing in the past mainly on this forum, just have to get over it

I have no problem with you bad mouhting Selby. I have a problem with you telling me I shouldn't be annoyed by it.

Postby Rocket_ron

Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

I have no problem with you bad mouhting Selby. I have a problem with you telling me I shouldn't be annoyed by it.

you do what you want son, no worries

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

He is very very good theres no denying. And is one of my favourite players, would love to see him lift the world crown. Would mean a lot to him. But does he have the consistency over 17 days? He wasnt great against Ding last years quarter i think it was. Looks likely he will meet him again there this year. Hopefully he wins that and make a great semi with either ronnie, ebdon, williams or robertson.

The bottom half of the draw really is cram packed with some cracking players. Shame theyre not spread over the two halves to make a super final. The only player who has a chance that I like in the top half is Murphy.