Topic locked

World Championship (Sun 22nd of April) Round 1 Disscusion !

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

Sunday 22nd of April

10am

Stephen Maguire v Luca Brecel
Martin Gould 3-6 Dave Gilbert to a finish

2.30pm

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones
Mark Allen 4-5 Cao Yupeng to a finish

7pm

Stuart Bingham 1-8 Stephen Hendry to a finish
Neil Robertson 7-2 Ken Doherty to a finish

on this date in 1994 John Parrott completed a 13-3 win over the then UK Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Sun 22nd of April) Round 1 Disscusio

Postby simplysnooker

Plan to watch Maguire/Brecel then switch between the afternoon matches. Not really fussed about the evening matches, same as last year if I recall Carter and Williams had big leads heading into that session. Gives me a chance to get some much needed weekend revision in.

Postby Roland

I'm there for the next 3 days, can't wait. Can't see any of the days coming close to today though. Today was just one of those magical days to kick start the tournament. It had everything.

Postby snooky147

Skullman wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Never thought I'd say this but c'mon Gould. lol

Don't like Gilbert?

I do a completely stoopid 16 match accumulator for a fiver every year. Usually it's beaten on the first day or at most the second, so c'mon GOULD LOL.

Postby daraghj82

just home from the local nightclub back home, just watched stephen's max again for the umpteent time , its gets better everytime , i will sleep well tonight , i will dream of hendry the 8th !!!!!!

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:We all talk about Lee having a good 2012 but Maguire is also playing just as good since January. This could be Stephen's tournament.

I think he has a really good chance. Plus he's got over his Ronnie-phobia and his head seems to be screwed much better as his match with Ebdon showed.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Off to Sheffield soon for Murphy v Jones.

So won't know the morning scores until I get there, hopefully Luca has a good session but I can see Maguire running away with it, he is coming back to his good form.

Hopefully it will be yet another good day of Snooker, and this sunshine stays out for a good period of time.

Postby Rocket_ron

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Off to Sheffield soon for Murphy v Jones.

So won't know the morning scores until I get there, hopefully Luca has a good session but I can see Maguire running away with it, he is coming back to his good form.

Hopefully it will be yet another good day of Snooker, and this sunshine stays out for a good period of time.

I was impressed with jones at EISS but murphy should win this

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Skullman could you be please change your avatar because Rocket_ron had the exact same one last year and it's a bit confusing ...

But he doesn't have it now...

How else will I show my support for Supermurph? You didn't have a problem with my last one which had everyone (including me) mistaking my posts for GJ's.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Skullman could you be please change your avatar because Rocket_ron had the exact same one last year and it's a bit confusing ...

But he doesn't have it now...

How else will I show my support for Supermurph? You didn't have a problem with my last one which had everyone (including me) mistaking my posts for GJ's.

I actually thought GJ was back for a moment <laugh>