Topic locked

Re: Stephen Hendry 147

Postby Casey

Can't believe I got to see Hendry make a 147!!!

Postby Alex0paul

Casey wrote:Can't believe I got to see Hendry make a 147!!!

It was amazing.

What table are you on tonight?

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:

It was amazing.

Table 2 - Allen match, row E. What about yourself?

Postby Alex0paul

Casey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

It was amazing.

Table 2 - Allen match, row E. What about yourself?

Same but row C. I have no idea what you look like but I'm the bloke in the long black coat lol.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Was amazing, on the first day aswell makes it even more special, and to think Doherty was also on one a little bit earlier.

Class pure class from Hendry :bowdown:

Postby kriss

This is why is so frustrating hearing people discuss Hendry's future in the game, and suggesting he's 'past it'.

How many players in the world at the moment are capable of scoring that heavily, and also getting a max.

Postby SnookerFan

Well done Hendry.

It was the second 147 I've seen live. Third if you count the one at Snooker Legends. :D

Postby Sickpotter

Buckets you say yet no one else has come close, just can't acknowledge greatness can you? :roll:

How Seifer of you :td:

Postby Sickpotter

rofl

The next highest break 136, nobody able to put together a break close to the 147 with these "bucket" pockets.

Pretty sure Hendry's isn't even remotely embarrassed about any aspect of the max.

I notice your high break is 147, are you embarassed by any of the pots you made or proud of your max? :shrug:

Postby Sickpotter

No, just trying to keep the posters aware that being disrespectful of players is not acceptable on SI.

I can always just delete the comments but I'd rather see the site develop it's generally intelligent fan debate/posting and not encourage the disrespecting of some of the all time greats of the game.

Pointing out the behavior publicly is more likely to help people realize how sad their behavior is.

You may enjoy comments slagging the greats or attempting to devalue their accomplishments, most real fans find it pathetic/WUM/Seiferesque and that's detrimental to SI.

Postby Smart

With respect if you watched a bit more snooker you would understand why "buckets" is a term used a lot. Some shots I have seen drop have no right to, whatsoever. I hope the fitters were bought a decent drink by Hendo on Saturday night. :wave:

Postby Sickpotter

Smart wrote:With respect if you watched a bit more snooker you would understand why "buckets" is a term used a lot. Some shots I have seen drop have no right to, whatsoever. I hope the fitters were bought a decent drink by Hendo on Saturday night. :wave:

I'm not saying the pockets aren't generous, if you wanted to open a thread on the topic the comment has merit.

Placed on a thread about Hendry's max it is an attempt to devalue the accomplishment. <doh>

If you don't like the player, at least respect the maximum. If a crucible max is put up by any player, no matter how dispised he may be, he deserves respect for his accomplishment.

For the record I have been watching a fair bit of the snooker and I agree buckets is appropriate the way some balls have dropped. I'm not going to fault the players for that though ;-)

Should be interesting to see the final ton total :john:

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:
Smart wrote:With respect if you watched a bit more snooker you would understand why "buckets" is a term used a lot. Some shots I have seen drop have no right to, whatsoever. I hope the fitters were bought a decent drink by Hendo on Saturday night. :wave:

I'm not saying the pockets aren't generous, if you wanted to open a thread on the topic the comment has merit.

Placed on a thread about Hendry's max it is an attempt to devalue the accomplishment. <doh>

If you don't like the player, at least respect the maximum. If a crucible max is put up by any player, no matter how dispised he may be, he deserves respect for his accomplishment.

For the record I have been watching a fair bit of the snooker and I agree buckets is appropriate the way some balls have dropped. I'm not going to fault the players for that though ;-)

Should be interesting to see the final ton total :john:

Even though the pockets may be a bit generous this year, they're aren't as generous as they were back in 2009 when the record of 83 centuries is set.. :john: :john: :john: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Don't think they will overcome that number by the end of this year's Worlds.....