Topic locked

World Championship Betting Thread

Postby Alex0paul

Post your bets on the World Championship here.

So far I have backed Maguire when he was 20/1 but fancy putting a few quid on Robertson at 8/1 because of his draw.
Liu Chuang +4.5 frames against Williams at 5/6 also looks very tasty.

Re: World Championship Betting Thread

Postby Roland

I had £50 on Robbo when he was 8/1 after the Masters. I wouldn't place the same bet now, shame you can't get your money back.

I'm not really a betting man, I like to have the odd play, but where I see the opportunity is when you've already seen a session so have a feeling for how the match will go. That's why I only really bet in the Worlds or UK where you've got a chance to see how the match is panning out. Granted you don't get good odds, but you can end up in profit with a bit of knowledge of the game.

To show my noviceness - what do you get for an each way on the Worlds? And what does this +3.5 stuff mean?

Postby Alex0paul

The +3.5 or 4.5 in Liu's place is for that player to win the match with that amount of head start. So if Liu lost 6-10 you would win your bet because he would win 10.5-10.

I haven't explained it well at all lol

Postby Roland

So basically you get 5/6 for Liu getting 6 or more frames? Where's that? I'm having some of that!

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:So basically you get 5/6 for Liu getting 6 or more frames? Where's that? I'm having some of that!

Bluesquare

Some great handicap prices on there.

Postby vodkadiet

I have had a sizeable bet on Murphy. I think he is in the weaker half and that often produces the winner. What enlarged my focus on Murphy was the fact that the previous year's finalists have often failed, and they are both in the top half. Murphy is erratic but can win on the biggest stage, and is due a win.

Postby Roland

I've had £50 on Robbo at 8/1 after the Masters, and I've just had a tenner on Chuang (only got 5/1) to beat Williams, and a trixie on Robbo/Allen/Ding to win their first round matches. Ok it's not great odds but £40 pays out £60 so it's an investment.

Postby kriss

I placed a few bets so far. Hendry at 130 - 1 for the title to name but one.

I also think Dale could be a banana skin for Trump, so I took 680 - 1 odds on Dale will winning the title. If he beats trump and is playing well in his next match Ill be able to sell my bet off at a very healthy profit.

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:I have had a sizeable bet on Murphy. I think he is in the weaker half and that often produces the winner. What enlarged my focus on Murphy was the fact that the previous year's finalists have often failed, and they are both in the top half. Murphy is erratic but can win on the biggest stage, and is due a win.

:wave: