Topic locked

World Championship (Sat 21st of April) Round 1 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

The Snooker Marathon Begins join in with the Action here on Snooker Island.

So Here We Go with Day 1 of 17 at the Crucible.

Saturday 21st of April

10am

John Higgins v Liang Wenbo
Martin Gould v Dave Gilbert

2.30pm

Stuart Bingham v Stephen Hendry
Neil Robertson v Ken Doherty

7pm

John Higgins v Liang Wenbo to a finish
Mark Allen v Cao Yupeng

on this date in 2000 Dominic Dale Completed a 13-1 demolition of David Gray after Gray beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-9 in the first Round

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship (Sat 21st of April) Round 1 Discussio

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:I will be backing Liang, Gould, Bingham, Doherty and Cao.

All underdogs except for Bingham who will be an overwhelming favourite for his match against the surly Scot.

How is Gould an underdog against Gilbert?

Postby Skullman

Anyway C'mon Honest John, Hendry, Gilbert and Robbo.

Conflicted about Allen vs Cao. Allen would be better for the tournament overall I feel and his potential match with Ding is one of the ties of the next round along with Ronnie vs MJW, Lee vs Murphy and Dott vs Maguire. But then again he's a hammer, and I've followed Cao from the first round... :sad:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Can't wait, really excited about the start. Played Snooker for four-five hours earlier to get me in the Snooker mood, been a busy week for me, so just gonna lay on the sofa all day tomorrow watching the Snooker, before my trip to Sheffield on Sunday.

Hoping Higgins v Wenbo could be a very good match, reigning Champ went out on the first day last year, here's hoping Higgins does the same.

Will be supporting Robertson and Allen aswell tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Every century Bingham bangs in will be a nail in Wild's heart.

i do know how brilliant i am and a important part of your thinking but even i never expected to dominate a thread involving the start of the World Championship.

this is unreal but thanks anyway <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Been in Sheffield for a few hours now and I am getting very excited. The studio is in the winter gardens again but looks like there will be three studio guests rather than the usual two.

Might pop down the Graduate later too.

Postby jojo

a rubbish higgins is still a dangerous one especially against those who havent got his experience and know how

ive written that match off so a liang win will be a huge bonus

i dont want to go through this whole tournament supporting all of higgins opponents like last year when he could and should have lost his last three matches