Topic locked

Betfred.com World Draw and Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 21st of April- Monday 7th of May at the Crucible Theatre,Sheffield

So under a week to go and all the cast is assembled For 17 days of Highs and lows and on this thread we Look Forward to the Crucible Marathon.

Who will be Crowned Champion and Put their names amongst the Greats of our Game come 7th of May ?

Monday 16th of April

1.30pm

The draw will take place on Talksport the Hawksbee and Jacobs show

Last 32 Draw

Crucible Appearances in Red

1 John Higgins 18 vs Liang Wenbo 4
16 Stuart Bingham 6 vs Stephen Hendry 27
9 Graeme Dott 14 vs Joe Perry 11
8 Stephen Maguire 9 vs Luca Brecel Debut
5 Shaun Murphy 10 vs Jamie Jones Debut
12 Stephen Lee 17 vs Andrew Higginson 2
13 Allister Carter 10 vs Mark Davis 7
4 Judd Trump 3 vs Dominic Dale 7
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Mark Williams 16 vs Liu Chuang 2
14 Ronnie O'Sullivan 20 vs Peter Ebdon 21
11 Martin Gould 4 vs Dave Gilbert 2
6 Neil Robertson 8 vs Ken Doherty 18
7 Ding Junhui 6 vs Ryan Day 8
10 Mark Allen 6 vs Cao Yupeng Debut
15 Matthew Stevens 13 vs Marco Fu 12
2 Mark Selby 8 vs Barry Hawkins 7

Re: Betfred.com World Draw and Pre Tournament Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Hope Selby's neck is better for this. Would love him to win this year. In fairness I wouldn't mind if he won every year.

Will be missing the draw as I am back at school tomorrow.

I wouldnt mind Ronnie winning it everytime too :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :D :D :D :D :D

Selby? don't think so... The only thing I would love is him meeting Robbo in the semis... that is if Ronnie can't get past the quarters of course

Postby randam05

Last 32 Draw

Crucible Appearances in Red

1 John Higgins 18 vs Ryan Day
16 Stuart Bingham 6 vs Barry Hawkins
9 Graeme Dott 14 vs Peter Ebdon
8 Stephen Maguire 9 vs
5 Shaun Murphy 10 vs Cao Yupeng
12 Stephen Lee 17 vs Marco Fu
13 Allister Carter 10 vs Mark Davis
4 Judd Trump 3 vs Andrew Higginson
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Mark Williams 16 vs David Gilbert
14 Ronnie O'Sullivan 20 vs Dominic Dale
11 Martin Gould 4 vs Jamie Jones
6 Neil Robertson 8 vs Liang Wenbo
7 Ding Junhui 6 vs Liu Chuang
10 Mark Allen 6 vs Stephen Hendry
15 Matthew Stevens 13 vs Ken Doherty
2 Mark Selby 8 vs Luca Brecel

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:Hope Selby's neck is better for this. Would love him to win this year. In fairness I wouldn't mind if he won every year.

Nice to have another snooker fan on here at school! Good man.

Well im at sixth form but yeah.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:

I wouldnt mind Ronnie winning it everytime too :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :D :D :D :D :D

Selby? don't think so... The only thing I would love is him meeting Robbo in the semis... that is if Ronnie can't get past the quarters of course

Twice he had a good chance and was stopped by John Higgins. This year could be his, unless Higgins finds something extra again this year.

Postby Skullman

randam05 wrote:

Really me too! Lot of snooker fans there?

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan

playing in the World Championship for 2 decades now :bowdown:

More appearance and less titles than John Higgins BOHE <cool>

Higgins couldn't even qualify until 1995 and is half a year older. Also Ronnie will get his 4. title this year <cool>

He won't as he would end up meeting Selby in the semis and we all know how well he does against Selby...

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Ah awesome! Im in the second year now. Simplysnooker on here is in 1st year of sixth form.

And to answer your question, no there isnt unfortunately haha. Not one!

Do you get any half days? I love having them while the snookers on, just come home, put feet up and watch the snooker. I finish at 11 on tuesdays and 1 on fridays. :clap:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Twice he had a good chance and was stopped by John Higgins. This year could be his, unless Higgins finds something extra again this year.

You never know with Higgins... and this season for John is a mirror of the season he had in 2006/2007.. did nothing in the ranking events up until the Crucible... when he reached the Worlds what did he do.... won the whole thing, a title he hadnt won for 9 years...

For me, i don't think he´ll do it again this year, but we can never tell with John..

Postby Skullman

randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Ah awesome! Im in the second year now. Simplysnooker on here is in 1st year of sixth form.

Do you get any half days? I love having them while the snookers on, just come home, put feet up and watch the snooker. I finish at 11 on tuesdays and 1 on fridays. :clap:

No half days. Too many subjects, but next year... :mosh2:

Have a few snooker fans here, mainly once a year fans though, although I found one who knew a bit and preferred Robbo to Judd <cool>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Higgins couldn't even qualify until 1995 and is half a year older. Also Ronnie will get his 4. title this year <cool>

He won't as he would end up meeting Selby in the semis and we all know how well he does against Selby...

Selby won't get to the semis, he won't get past Allen or Ding.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

:hatoff: :spot on: <cool> :hatoff:

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:

No half days. Too many subjects, but next year... :mosh2:

Have a few snooker fans here, mainly once a year fans though, although I found one who knew a bit and preferred Robbo to Judd <cool>

Ah yeah take it youre in AS then. Oh really? thats good! I hate Judd and love Robertson <laugh>

How long you been watching snooker for?

Postby Skullman

randam05 wrote:Ah yeah take it youre in AS then. Oh really? thats good! I hate Judd and love Robertson <laugh>

Welsh Open last year. Had a relative round and Eurosport is one of the only sports channels we have. Both of us were hooked, although me a little more, as you can tell from the amount of time I'm on here <laugh>

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
randam05 wrote:Ah yeah take it youre in AS then. Oh really? thats good! I hate Judd and love Robertson <laugh>

Welsh Open last year. Had a relative round and Eurosport is one of the only sports channels we have. Both of us were hooked, although me a little more, as you can tell from the amount of time I'm on here <laugh>

Only a year! Wow, i was going to say you have a lot of posts and good knowledge of all the players for only following snooker for a year.

Good to speak to someone about snooker of similar age.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Allen rofl

Still Ding will be dangerous, unless he fails at the second round again.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Only a year! Wow, i was going to say you have a lot of posts and good knowledge of all the players for only following snooker for a year.

Same here. You know A LOT about snooker considering you have been watching it only for a year :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Allen rofl

Still Ding will be dangerous, unless he fails at the second round again.[/quote]

rofl rofl rofl Allen isnt afraid of him, beat him at Haikou thi season from 5-2 down.. Yes I know this is a totally diferent format, but dont discount Allen there.. he is very confident and a player no one would want to meet

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Same here. You know A LOT about snooker considering you have been watching it only for a year :hatoff:

:shrug: It's easy to get to know the top players. For the others, the player profiles at PSB are really useful. And occasionally the commentators do teach people something :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Same here too skullman, although i already knew how long you had been watching this wonderful sport... A true snooker fan you are, like me, and most of us here. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Allen rofl

Still Ding will be dangerous, unless he fails at the second round again.

I wouldn't be laughing at Allen after what happened in the World Open :chin:

Best of 11s are a completely different ball game to best of 25s. Plus that was Allen in the form of his life. No guarantee he will replicate it.

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

:shrug: It's easy to get to know the top players. For the others, the player profiles at PSB are really useful. And occasionally the commentators do teach people something :chuckle:

With the beloved eurosport thats right. So you have only ever seen one world championship! Thats amazing. This year will be the sixth ive watched!

Postby PLtheRef

In terms of quality, this years 32 has got to be one of the best. Holding the qualifiers now means all 16 are in decent form, especially Ebdon, Cao and Luca. Jamie is a big threat also.

Going to be brilliant. FACT!