Post a reply

Dress Code in Snooker

Same as it is
30%
Casual (Shirt and Trousers)
15%
Morning (Casual) Afternoon (Lounge Suite) Evening (Dinner Suite)
10%
Casual but World Championship (Dinner Suite)
15%
Casual but WC and Masters (Dinner Suite)
30%

Total votes : 20

Dress Code In Snooker

Postby Wildey

Do you want a different Dress Code in snooker or its fine as it is ?

Same as it is
Casual (Shirt and Trousers)
Morning (Casual) Afternoon (Lounge Suite) Evening (Dinner Suite)
Casual but World Championship (Dinner Suite)
Casual but WC and Masters (Dinner Suite)

Re: Dress Code In Snooker

Postby Wildey

i don't really know how id vote however it does seem very odd players turning up to play at 10am in dinner suites

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:i don't really know how id vote however it does seem very odd players turning up to play at 10am in dinner suites

well your post leads me to think you should choose this...Morning (Casual) Afternoon (Lounge Suite) Evening (Dinner Suite)

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:i don't really know how id vote however it does seem very odd players turning up to play at 10am in dinner suites

Or dinner suits ... lol

Postby Wildey

or all out casual mate however last night of the WC With players looking like this looks wrong aswell. so i think the veriaty answer is the 1 id go for.

Postby SnookerFan

I don't see what the big fuss is. I don't care what the players are wearing. It's a snooker match, not a fashion show. Do any of us really tune in to see what the players are wearing? As long as it's within reason, and they aint coming out dressed in fancy costumes to "create a show atmosphere" I can't see what they are wearing makes any difference at all.

Postby Wildey

Thats the point sir barry of hearn lala land seems to think put players in t shirts and more kids will watch it <doh>

the only reason i voted for the 3 different stages are is it gives something for everyone if thats the crap that float your boat personally i don't think it does matter one jot.

Postby Sickpotter

IMO, I always felt that the vest/bow tie look adds a touch of class to a game that is still seen as being disreputable in some circles.

Look serious, play serious so IMO dressing in the traditional snooker attire can also help players focus their minds and keep them in a professional mindset.

Personally I don't see a need to change and if Hearn thinks people will tune in because of an outfit change then he needs to put down the pints ;)

Postby Wildey

im not apologizing for my thoughts on Barry Hearn truth is i don't trust the man but im giving him a chance and although initially hes started with a good job with press reports recently im getting worried he is concentrating on things that don't need concentrating on yes they could be addressed in the future but please get your priorities straight.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:im not apologizing for my thoughts on Barry Hearn truth is i don't trust the man but im giving him a chance and although initially hes started with a good job with press reports recently im getting worried he is concentrating on things that don't need concentrating on yes they could be addressed in the future but please get your priorities straight.

fair enough wild, you have made your opinions on barry hearn perfectly clear

Postby Monique

For me the main reason NOT to change the dress code is that, for what I've seen, many players have no sense when it comes to the way they dres!! I've seen a few really dogdy things backstage ;) Stephen Lee - sorry Stephen - still looks reasonably good in a shirt and waistcoat, I don't want to see him in a heavy metal T-shirt! :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:For me the main reason NOT to change the dress code is that, for what I've seen, many players have no sense when it comes to the way they dres!! I've seen a few really dogdy things backstage ;) Stephen Lee - sorry Stephen - still looks reasonably good in a shirt and waistcoat, I don't want to see him in a heavy metal T-shirt! :bowdown:

rofl rofl

class mon

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:I think they should wear one of these things.

god John Virgo's Beard has grown since i last saw him <laugh>

Postby Cheesyman99

wildJONESEYE wrote:

god John Virgo's Beard has grown since i last saw him <laugh>

LSHMTUAFIMC!

Laughing so hard my turban unravels and falls in my curry.

Postby Smart

players could keep extra chalk up there, or food for when they are in the chair......... what else could they store in that most useful head-gear.....

..... maybe an instruction manual for difficult to play shots <ok> :wave:

good thinking Cheesy :wave:

Postby Cheesyman99

StalinESQ wrote:

players could keep extra chalk up there, or food for when they are in the chair......... what else could they store in that most useful head-gear.....

..... maybe an instruction manual for difficult to play shots <ok> :wave:

good thinking Cheesy :wave:

You could probably fit Anda Zhang in their as well

Postby randall

never seen the need for bow ties etc, surprised the tradition of it has lasted this long. a change is long overdue in my opinion.

Postby Wildey

randall wrote:never seen the need for bow ties

neither did Alex Higgins <laugh>

Postby Roland

<laugh>