Post a reply

That Grim Reaper, one frame tournament

Postby SnookerFan

Just looking at 606. Somebody implied that that tournament was going ahead next season, and was going to be on Sky.

Surely that wasn't a serious comment by Hearn? I thought he was just drumming up publicity. I mean, every time a player loses a frame, a guy dressed as The Grim Reaper comes out and leads them out of the arena. <doh> It's not a bucking circus. Is this really going ahead?

I can't see any of the pros giving this shitty idea any consideration. Would anybody here watch that?

Re: That Grim Reaper, one frame tournament

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Just looking at 606. Somebody implied that that tournament was going ahead next season, and was going to be on Sky.

Surely that wasn't a serious comment by Hearn? I thought he was just drumming up publicity. I mean, every time a player loses a frame, a guy dressed as The Grim Reaper comes out and leads them out of the arena. <doh> It's not a bucking circus. Is this really going ahead?

I can't see any of the pros giving this shitty idea any consideration. Would anybody here watch that?

LOAD OF bullocks <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just looking at 606. Somebody implied that that tournament was going ahead next season, and was going to be on Sky.

LOAD OF bullocks <ok>

The concept of the tournament, or the story that it'll be on Sky Sports?

Postby Wildey

Sky Sports Great want more on that.......Gimmicky marmite in keeping with a Circus NO.

HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT SNOOKER NEEDS ARE IF HES GOING DOWN THIS USELESS CRAPPY ROAD.

Postby SnookerFan

It's not the 1-frame shoot out concept that I mind. Or 1-frame matches, group phase. Take that idea on the road, have a few weekend tournaments like this across the country, give the players something to do between tournaments.

Obviously, this isn't going to be a ranking event, just a light-hearted bit of fun. Something to have a beer with, rather then take too seriously. This is the event where they could encourage more audience interaction with less pressure, and maybe debuted the less formal clothes that was being bandied around. Maybe offer cheap tickets, or family tickets to encourage new younger fans.

The Grim Reaper idea is a farce. I can't see anybody finding that idea entertaining. I personally am there to watch snooker. Not make the players act like hammers. Maybe Hearn should try to encourage the fans through more sensible means?

Postby Wildey

thats my point if this is gen and really what ive come to realize with Barry Hearn having known about him for 30 years he talks a lot of crap for effect. so we don't know if its true or not but snooker dont need that rubbish thats for sure.