Post a reply

Evening all

Postby MizDarknez

I have just registered with Snooker Island and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Melanie (or Mel which ever you prefer) and have a been a snooker fan for about 10 years now. I have never played the game myself but I enjoy watching many sports without ever having played them.

A little about me - I work for a large bank so don't get as much time as I would like online or the time to watch all kinds of sports that I like. At the moment, I am also in the process of moving house which makes things even more complicated! However I do try to get on when I can and mainly use Twitter (@ANCook26Fans) to talk to people about things I like.

I started watching snooker when I came over to the UK to go to university (I am British but was born in Germany). At the time I only had BBC so I was limited in what I was able to watch. It has only been recently that I have started watching some of the qualifying rounds online. I have to say I am really enjoying seeing the less well-known and newer players to the tour. It is always nice to see people improving and coming through the ranks. I enjoy watching most players but I would say my favourites are Neil Robertson, Stephen Maguire and John Higgins. There are very few that I will not watch if they are being shown.

Other than snooker, as suggested earlier, I love watching other sports. I love my cricket (especially Test Matches), tennis, darts and Formula 1, but have also been known to watch football and rugby. The ironic thing is that I am not someone who like to participate in sports - I just walk everywhere! rofl

I also love listening to music (especially unusual types), hanging our with friends, reading and doing cross-stitch.

Anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask!

Re: Evening all

Postby Wildey

MizDarknez wrote:Hello. Nice to meet you.

And the bank is not Barclays but another large one.

HSBC

i hear they are a listening bank ??

anyway welcome to the island hope you will be as anoying as ive been and contribute a lot to discussions ;-) <ok>

Postby MizDarknez

It's a large bank and that is all you are getting. You can't be too careful online about personal information like that. Sorry.

Thanks for the welcome. I will always express my opinion and contribute when I have one.

Postby Wildey

dont be sorry none of our buisness either way <ok>

Postby Roland

It's gotta be Midland bank. Can you get us some free pens and mugs with the Griffin?

Welcome btw

Postby roy142857

a bit behind the others - but welcome!

:wave:

You're certainly not the only one who doesn't play, great sport to watch though!

Postby MizDarknez

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I love the fact that games can turn around and that even someone ranked lower can win.

Postby randam05

Find it hard to imagine how you can watch and enjoy snooker to its full potential without actually playing it for a bit! To get a feel for the size of the table and difficulty of such simple shots, and safety shots.

I suggest you have an hour on a full size table with a friend! You will appreciate the game a LOT more. I think snookerfan on here is the same?

Anyway welcome and enjoy your time! Hope youre not working too much that you miss the worlds!

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Find it hard to imagine how you can watch and enjoy snooker to its full potential without actually playing it for a bit! To get a feel for the size of the table and difficulty of such simple shots, and safety shots.

I suggest you have an hour on a full size table with a friend! You will appreciate the game a LOT more. I think snookerfan on here is the same?

Anyway welcome and enjoy your time! Hope youre not working too much that you miss the worlds!

you dont have to play it to apreciate it or to understand the difficulty of it.

my aunt was a massive fan well in to her late 80s early 90s she understood the difficulty without picking up a cue and Beergitte shes never played but understands and apreciates the difficulty of shots to the full.

Postby MizDarknez

I have played pool but there are many sports I watch that I have never played (rugby or darts for example) and I can still understand how difficult it is to play. It is the same with music - I may not sing or play an instrument but I can appreciate good performances.

Postby Casey

Welcome aboard - never mind these clowns and their guessing game.

Hope to see your opinions and thoughts on the game :hatoff:

Postby Alpha

Welcome, hope u enjoy it here. Let the others enjoy their sad guessing game <laugh>