Post a reply

Re: Kyren Wilson

Postby Skullman

Good interview. Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders and I hope he makes it through the Q-School.

Postby Casey

Another great interview :hatoff:

All the best with Q School!

Postby Roland

I think he raises an interesting point about who can play in the World Championship qualifers. He should be there really, he can do damage and getting to the Crucible wouldn't have been beyond him this year. World Snooker really need to rethink who can enter the World Championship, it should be open to everyone.

Also worth pointing out is that his answer to the shot clock question clearly has a lot to do with facing Rory McLeod in both the UK and World qualifiers last season. I think playing him all the time would be enough to turn most people pro-shot clock!

Postby Wildey

What are your thoughts on the shot clock?
I love it; I wish it was in ranking events. I played some horrendously slow players last year in ranking events. I’m not going to name names but if there had been a shot clock then I think there’d have been a different scoreline because I’m a natural fluent player that gets on with it and I think some people bog the game down just to stop you from playing. So I’d love it to be in ranking events although I can’t see it happening.

your no jeramy paxman come on mate stick to your convictions dont let that go without giving him some welly for talking bullocks,

buck sakes

apart from that a good interview and i hope he gets on tour because from last years Q school i think he was the most consistant.

Postby Skullman

Wait a moment, I just realised this. If Kyren can't be in both the pre-qualifying at Sheffield and amateur events how did David Gray manage it?

Postby Roland

Did David Gray play in the Pro-ticket?

Wild don't worry, I'm not pro-shot clock but I'm just saying that youngsters have a different outlook and that outlook changes over time e.g. what will he be saying about travelling with 10 years of hotel rooms under his belt? I think the fact you look at his record and see that he went Davison, McCulloch, McLeod and then a marathon dentist chair experience of 7 frames in 5 hours in the most important match of his life it's easy to see why he would be pro-shot clock.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Did David Gray play in the Pro-ticket?

YES he beat Sydney wilson 4-0 in the final

viewtopic.php?f=275&t=3393

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

That isn't the pro-ticket tour and no he didn't.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wild wrote:

That isn't the pro-ticket tour and no he didn't.

its stil a amataur event that gives you access to Q School so dont split hairs.

is he a pro or a amataur ??

this tweet from janie watkins show how confused she was

Janie Watkins ‏ @weewelshwitch

Trying to work out how David Gray can win EASB event & play in World Championship. pro or amateur?

Postby Roland

Didn't see that first time around, just retweeted.

Postby snooky147

Another good interview mate. Can just imagine McCulloch being a snide bugger like that.

Postby sundaygirl

Great interview :-D
Sonny was obviously impressed I've never known him get an interview up so quickly ;-) there is normally at least a week of teasers and procrastination first :chuckle:

Postby Roland

It was the relevence to Ebdon and the prelims and the badminton hall that got the motivation up, plus a 4 day bank holiday helped

Postby vodkadiet

First time I read that. Some good investigative journalism! Good to know something about these new players.

Postby Roland

I just read it again. He got the acronym wrong for EASB which I left in for some reason! Anyway, it's a great insight into his mind and why he's so appealing. I just love that story about Ian McCulloch! Kyren is a winner and now he's regained his tour spot through the PTCs I think he's ready for the big time. I also know he's going to get a decent fanbase because he's great to watch and he's a really nice lad with it.

Postby vodkadiet

Good up the good work Sonny!