Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Andre147

And another thing we wouldnt get in the 80s, very rarely anyway, would be a player making 3 centuries in a final, and another set of high breaks... by then, there were 60 or 70 breaks at the most... perrie mans once won the masters without making a half century break, so that gives us an insight on the game has progressed over the years..

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The session wasn't slow. It is just that the Attention Deficit Disorder generation have got used to everything being over in an instant.

This type of match was the norm years ago.

cant agree more.

this is what it was all about.

Yes that´s true, but still nowadays we are so used to seeing players break off, and the other gets in a long red and goes on to win the frame, that sometimes this type of match can be called boring.

We dont live in the 80s or early 90s anymore you know, times have changed, and so have the players and their respective styles of play. Every now and then, we get a match like this, I still like to watch it, but I definately prefer one which has lots of breaks and good breakbuilding than this type of match.but still, the safety exchnages are nice to see,and this is where players are fully tested, mentally.

i prefere contrasts of styles or persanalities that sometimes players exchanging big breaks can be monotonous.

players of the past was more adaptable Hendry or Davis had Thorburn or Griffiths one Minute then White or Drago the Next and it did not matter one Jot they could adapt and keep their own standard of Play up Today they just cant whitch is a shame.

Adapting to different problems is what snooker has always been about.

Yes with that I fully agree, when you sayd that players like Hendry or Davis could quite easily adapt to diferent style of players.Nowadays, that seems to be a bit hard to some players.

They just shake their heads and put themselves down instead of getting on with it.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:And another thing we wouldnt get in the 80s, very rarely anyway, would be a player making 3 centuries in a final, and another set of high breaks... by then, there were 60 or 70 breaks at the most... perrie mans once won the masters without making a half century break, so that gives us an insight on the game has progressed over the years..

yes but if they strugle against players they had in the 80s its not really progresed they just fair weather players

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And another thing we wouldnt get in the 80s, very rarely anyway, would be a player making 3 centuries in a final, and another set of high breaks... by then, there were 60 or 70 breaks at the most... perrie mans once won the masters without making a half century break, so that gives us an insight on the game has progressed over the years..

yes but if they strugle against players they had in the 80s its not really progresed they just fair weather players

In breakbuilding it has progressed definately, in players coping with diferent styles of play, not really

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

In breakbuilding it has progressed definately, in players coping with diferent styles of play, not really

yes but reason Breakbuilding is Pregressing is because of the way the game is played at a faster pace that keeping Rhythm is easier from frame to frame...

you really got to admire the likes of Hendry that manages to Transend that Style and Turn the Sport in to a Breakbuilding Sport that following players Emulated Because of his success playing that way.

Had Ebdon style had the success in the early 90s we could have Ebdon Clones everywhere on Tour.

Postby Odrl

Muppet147 wrote:Congratulations to Ebdon. And sympathy for all the Chinese people who had to sit through that.

The second session was tremendous throughout, I'm sure the enjoyed it. :-)

Anyone sticking with it through the awards ceremony? ;-)

Postby Andre147

Odrl wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Congratulations to Ebdon. And sympathy for all the Chinese people who had to sit through that.

The second session was tremendous throughout, I'm sure the enjoyed it. :-)

Anyone sticking with it through the awards ceremony? ;-)

Eurosport ended their transmission... and fromsport is down now :grrr: :grrr: so cant quite tell what both players said post-match.. anyone here watching it??

Postby Odrl

Andre147 wrote:Eurosport ended their transmission... and fromsport is down now :grrr: :grrr: so cant quite tell what both players said post-match.. anyone here watching it??

Unless I missed it, there haven't been any interviews yet. Both players got their "cups" though.