Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Roland

Well what happened is he turned down the chance of red to middle that most players would go for and left it for Maguire but he just caught the middle jaw. Now Ebdon is flying, the break already up to 6 after about 3 minutes

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:What's the record for the longest best of 19?

The longest best of 19 final was the one between Steve Davis and Dennis specs Taylor Grand prix 1985, which lasted 10 hours and 21 minutes, finished of course 10-9, to Davis.

This one still has a long :zzz: :zzz: way to go to beat that, but if it goes 10-9 and all frames are tactical and scrappy, then that might be beat, but dont think it´ll happen

Postby Andre147

Only started watching this session, but from the report I saw from the first it was very scrappy, even though peter made two tons..

Maguire about to shake Peter´s hand the way he´s aproching the game now

Postby Andre147

Wasnt maguire the one who, at the beggining of the year in a ptc match, conceded his match against Ebdon when 1 frame behind and with still points on the table to win?? I think it was, but cant remember exactly..

Dont think it´ll happen here, because it's a final of course

Postby Andre147

Ebdon starting to miss a few.. I still think Mags can win this match, if he can find his rynthm and not fall into ebdon's style of play than he can still recover.. at the moment he's off and running again, wanting to reduce to 6-4

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:The session wasn't slow. It is just that the Attention Deficit Disorder generation have got used to everything being over in an instant.

This type of match was the norm years ago.

cant agree more.

this is what it was all about.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The session wasn't slow. It is just that the Attention Deficit Disorder generation have got used to everything being over in an instant.

cant agree more.

Yes that´s true, but still nowadays we are so used to seeing players break off, and the other gets in a long red and goes on to win the frame, that sometimes this type of match can be called boring.

We dont live in the 80s or early 90s anymore you know, times have changed, and so have the players and their respective styles of play. Every now and then, we get a match like this, I still like to watch it, but I definately prefer one which has lots of breaks and good breakbuilding than this type of match.but still, the safety exchnages are nice to see,and this is where players are fully tested, mentally.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

cant agree more.

Yes that´s true, but still nowadays we are so used to seeing players break off, and the other gets in a long red and goes on to win the frame, that sometimes this type of match can be called boring.

We dont live in the 80s or early 90s anymore you know, times have changed, and so have the players and their respective styles of play. Every now and then, we get a match like this, I still like to watch it, but I definately prefer one which has lots of breaks and good breakbuilding than this type of match.but still, the safety exchnages are nice to see,and this is where players are fully tested, mentally.

i prefere contrasts of styles or persanalities that sometimes players exchanging big breaks can be monotonous.

players of the past was more adaptable Hendry or Davis had Thorburn or Griffiths one Minute then White or Drago the Next and it did not matter one Jot they could adapt and keep their own standard of Play up Today they just cant whitch is a shame.

Adapting to different problems is what snooker has always been about.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

cant agree more.

i prefere contrasts of styles or persanalities that sometimes players exchanging big breaks can be monotonous.

players of the past was more adaptable Hendry or Davis had Thorburn or Griffiths one Minute then White or Drago the Next and it did not matter one Jot they could adapt and keep their own standard of Play up Today they just cant whitch is a shame.

Adapting to different problems is what snooker has always been about.

Yes with that I fully agree, when you sayd that players like Hendry or Davis could quite easily adapt to diferent style of players.Nowadays, that seems to be a bit hard to some players.