Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Thought it seemed weird Lee was a vegan. The closest he's going to get to becoming a vegan is if he eats one.

There isn't enough meat on any Vegan for Lee to have any interest in eating them!

Credit to Lee though, he is playing well, and it is good to see him playing so well. He seems to be playing far more aggressively, which was his achilles heel in the past.

I still fancy a Maguire vs Ding final though, with Maguire winning.

This year's World Championships will be the most open ever.

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:
Skullman wrote:Thought it seemed weird Lee was a vegan. The closest he's going to get to becoming a vegan is if he eats one.

There isn't enough meat on any Vegan for Lee to have any interest in eating them!

Credit to Lee though, he is playing well, and it is good to see him playing so well. He seems to be playing far more aggressively, which was his achilles heel in the past.

The thing with Lee is how he'll cope with longer matches. It's alright winning best of 7s and 9s, but he has do the business in multiple session snooker. The only long frame match he has been in this year, he got thrashed.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Looking at Ding's route to the final:

Woollaston - Carter - Ebdon

I have to say normally you don't reach a ranking final by beating these 3 people in a row.

Tell me once when a player has reached a ranking final by beating the same 3 players twice?

Postby Skullman

I have to say normally you don't reach a ranking final by beating these 3 people in a row.

Well for a start you usually have to beat four people to get to a final. Plus don't knock Carter or Ebdon, they were class players. Carter still is; he's just having some health problems at the moment.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

The thing with Lee is how he'll cope with longer matches. It's alright winning best of 7s and 9s, but he has do the business in multiple session snooker. The only long frame match he has been in this year, he got thrashed.

yes I completly agree with what you sayd about Lee, he has to be consistent in the longer format, something he cant quite do, especially at the Crucible.

It seems every year we keep saying the world Chamiosnhips will be the most open ever, and I´m kinda of getting tired of all that, but maybe it´s true, because the level of play is increasing every year and no player is dominating...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

Well for a start you usually have to beat four people to get to a final. Plus don't knock Carter or Ebdon, they were class players. Carter still is; he's just having some health problems at the moment.

I know - Ding can only beat the players who are put in front of him. I'm not making fun of Ebdon, he deserves his place in the semis and I also respect Carter a lot.

But it is a remarkable fortunate draw nonetheless. Everybody who would have predicted that route a week ago would have been declared crazy.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:There is certainly no clear favourite for The Crucible this year. You could pick 6 players and still not get a finalist.

I can even see a qualifier winning again.

Higginson or Campbell?

Now you're going into the realms of fantasy.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:There is certainly no clear favourite for The Crucible this year. You could pick 6 players and still not get a finalist.

Higginson or Campbell?

But if soemone told you a week ago that the semi final line up for this China Open would be the one we have, especially with ebdon and carter in the quarters, you would also say we´re going into the realms of fantasy, so everything is possible really, though Campbell... rofl rofl think not...

But yeah a qualifier could win, but a very remote possibility for me.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Higginson or Campbell?

But if soemone told you a week ago that the semi final line up for this China Open would be the one we have, especially with ebdon and carter in the quarters, you would also say we´re going into the realms of fantasy, so everything is possible really, though Campbell... rofl rofl think not...

There will be 16 seeds and 16 qualifiers so it will be a 50/50 chance!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Higginson or Campbell?

There will be 16 seeds and 16 qualifiers so it will be a 50/50 chance!

Yeah

Postby SnookerFan

Interesting mini-session.

Lee looked out of it at 2-0. He was sat in his chair, head-slumped, looked like he didn't want to be there. Maguire misses one ball he shouldn't have, and it was 2-2.

It seems Lee needs to be two frames down before he starts playing.

Postby Alpha

SnookerFan wrote:Interesting mini-session.

Lee looked out of it at 2-0. He was sat in his chair, head-slumped, looked like he didn't want to be there. Maguire misses one ball he shouldn't have, and it was 2-2.

It seems Lee needs to be two frames down before he starts playing.

How have they both played SF? Missed the first 4 frames because I was still asleep <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

If Ding beats Ebdon today, it'll be an interesting situation, with the finalists both being very close to being out in one of their matches. And despite Ding being 4-0 down, you could argue Maguire came even closer to going home.

Either way you could have a story of the winner having quite a clear turning point early in the tournament.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:If Ding beats Ebdon today, it'll be an interesting situation, with the finalists both being very close to being out in one of their matches. And despite Ding being 4-0 down, you could argue Maguire came even closer to going home.

Either way you could have a story of the winner having quite a clear turning point early in the tournament.

Ebdon also won a decider against Higgins. John needed snookers, got one and tried to clear the colours but missed and Peter won. That's also pretty close to being out in my opinion.