Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 26th of March - Sunday 1st of April at the Beijing Student University Stadium, China

Semi Finals and Big name casulties Ronnie O'Sullivan,Judd Trump and Neil Robertson means we have a Semi Final consisting of 3 Top players and Peter Ebdon trying to get back up there.

Stephen Lee v Stephen Maguire and Ding Junhui v Peter Ebdon for the Title.

Who Makes the Final ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I personally think the winner of Stephen's will win, but I'm almost always wrong when it comes to finals. Could be Ebdon's week.

your bloody brilliant in sodding quarters though rofl

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:I personally think the winner of Stephen's will win, but I'm almost always wrong when it comes to finals. Could be Ebdon's week.

Thanks. :hatoff:

Anyway, it has been a season of first time winners in the main rankers/Masters. As Stephen Lee is the only one not to have won the China Open yet, will he continue the pattern?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:

Thanks. :hatoff:

Anyway, it has been a season of first time winners in the main rankers/Masters. As Stephen Lee is the only one not to have won the China Open yet, will he continue the pattern?

all 4 has played in the final Stephen Lee was runner up in 1999 vs Ronnie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_China ... snooker%29

during that tournament Lee beat 4 players inside the current top 32 to reach the final where as Ronnie beat 4 players no longer on tour lol

Postby Skullman

Thinking about it doesn't this feel a little like Berlin? One player came back from 0-4 down and won, Maguire beats players you normally expect him to lose against, and then the two end up in the final.

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:Just a thought that struck me … we could have Ebbo in the PL next season, should he win this. Now that would be something to behold!

Imagine if he won rofl

Edit: the PL I mean. It wouldn't be that funny if he won here. Played decently so far.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Thinking about it doesn't this feel a little like Berlin? One player came back from 0-4 down and won, Maguire beats players you normally expect him to lose against, and then the two end up in the final.

We talk about that then Ding beats Maguire after a being 6-3 down in the final.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Thinking about it doesn't this feel a little like Berlin? One player came back from 0-4 down and won, Maguire beats players you normally expect him to lose against, and then the two end up in the final.

Perfectly possible. Amazing how up and down Ding has been. Crap for most the season but still has a ranking title and a good chance for a final again.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Perfectly possible. Amazing how up and down Ding has been. Crap for most the season but still has a ranking title and a good chance for a final again.

Ding is the opposite of Selby - no consistency but winning important titles

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

And look how that worked out for both of them. One with five rankers, including two UKs. One with two rankers. :-(

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

And look how that worked out for both of them. One with five rankers, including two UKs. One with two rankers. :-(

I think Ding's advantage is that he has an killer instinct in him when he reaches the latter stages of tournaments - very similiar to Higgins, Ronnie or a young Williams - he just has an extra gear, something that Selby seems to lack.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ding's advantage is that he has an killer instinct in him when he reaches the latter stages of tournaments - very similiar to Higgins, Ronnie or a young Williams - he just has an extra gear, something that Selby seems to lack.

It's not that Selby lacks killer instinct, he just seems to hit top gear too early or get outplayed by people on their A+ game.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:its hilarious you saying that what about Robbo he has a World Title and id back him vs ding any day.

Robbo's another weird one. I think if he, Ding and Selby played their best, Robbo would be a clear third. Yet he's most successful as he knows how to up his gear at the right time.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ding's advantage is that he has an killer instinct in him when he reaches the latter stages of tournaments - very similiar to Higgins, Ronnie or a young Williams - he just has an extra gear, something that Selby seems to lack.

It's not that Selby lacks killer instinct, he just seems to hit top gear too early or get outplayed by people on their A+ game.

Call it what you want - I think we are talking about the same thing. Of course Selby is good at closing out matches but not so much at the business end of tournaments.

Because in the end it's all about getting your A+ game together at the end not in the first or second round.