Topic locked

Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 26th of March - Sunday 1st of April at the Beijing Student University Stadium, China

The Quarter Finals and World No 1 Mark Selby has had to withdrew because of Neck Injury but Still going strong is Ronnie O'Sullivan on his comeback from Glandular Fever.

Also there is Defending Champion Judd Trump,Chinas own Ding Junhui and the Consistant Neil Robertson.

But Current World Champion John Higgins is out.

Who Makes the semi finals ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Lee - Trump
Judd didn't convince me lately while Stephen is the man to beat at the moment (who would have thought I would write this sentence last December rofl )
Lee for the win in a close match

O'Sullivan - Maguire
Ronnie owns Stephen but still I expect a very close match, with Ronnie winning in the end.

Ding - Carter
Ding will crush the Captain. Anything else would be a surprise.

Robertson - Ebdon
Neil struggles outside the UK and Ebdon is on one of his famous runs he has from time to time. Could be a close match, Robbo of course favourite.

Postby Muppet147

Lee - Trump
Trump shouldn't have any problems against his plus-sized opponent.

O'Sullivan - Maguire
This could be a close one but I back O'Sullivan to get through.

Ding - Carter
Ding will win comfortably. Carter looked unconvincing today against a rookie opponent.

Robertson - Ebdon
Robertson will win with something to spare.

Postby Smart

Lee - Trump
Lee is always super motivated against local rival Trump - this will be a close match and Lee will scrape home.

O'Sullivan - Maguire
ROS will win at a canter.

Ding - Carter
Ding to win 5-4 from 3-1 down, with a high break of 141 scored in frame 6.

Robertson - Ebdon
Robertson will win with something to spare.

:wave: :gag: :wave: :gag:

Postby Alex0paul

John From London Town wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Robertson is Ebdon's bunny

You think Alex? Robbo has slowed his game down, you reckon Peter Ebdon has got inside Neil Robertson's nut & Robbo will show mental frailty against him? Brave words mate. Like it if so.

He has beaten him 3 out of 3 in main ranking events all of them in China too.

2010 China Open Ebdon 5-1 Robertson (Robertson makes 147)
2010 Shanghai Masters Ebdon 5-4 Robertson
2011 China Open Ebdon 5-1 Robertson

Postby Skullman

My thoughts:

Lee vs Trump: Trump is no where near as impressive as he was in York and the first two rounds at Wembley. Lee has been in good form. Lee for me easily.

Mags vs ROS: Maguire for me. In good form and unlike the German final, Ronnie doesn't enough time to come back against an 'on fire' Maguire. Plus Maguire has been tested more so far.

Ding vs Carter: I'm going for Carter as he seems to have found some form and Ding doesn't play his best in China. He had Ben Woolaston who bottled his match and Selby who had to withdraw,

Robbo vs Ebdon: Robbo's game has really matured and I don't think Ebdon can mess with him anymore. Robbo for me.

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:

You think Alex? Robbo has slowed his game down, you reckon Peter Ebdon has got inside Neil Robertson's nut & Robbo will show mental frailty against him? Brave words mate. Like it if so.

Robbo's beaten Ebdon before in other matches and Robbo has improved as a player, while Ebdon is in decline.

Postby Alex0paul

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Robbo's beaten Ebdon before in other matches and Robbo has improved as a player, while Ebdon is in decline.

Im not including mickey mouse championship league or PTC

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:

This is where that Pattern Ends

Robbo comfterbly.

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote: Im not including mickey mouse championship league or PTC

Fair enough, but still think the bunny argument is pointless when Robbo is involved. Judd was owning for a while and then got thrashed in the Masters. A few years ago he was Maguire's bunny but now Robbo has beaten him everytime they met since 2009.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Will give my thoughts aswell

Lee - Trump
Trump won last year, but said himself he didn't play well today. Lee is the on form man so I can see him winning this one just.

O'Sullivan - Maguire
The writing is on the wall for O'Sullivan to win the whole tournament, convincing win today. Maguire is getting back to decent form, but I think Ronnie will be too strong.

Ding - Carter
Ding all the way, final and semi finals in the last two years at the China Open. Just nice to see Ali in the quarters again, due to what he has been through. Ding with an easy win.

Robertson - Ebdon
Fancy Robertson, but Ebdon has done well oversees before. Could be a close battle, and as people have mentioned above Ebdon record against Robbo is good. Robertson and his hairstyle stays in my view.

Postby The Cueist

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote: Im not including mickey mouse championship league or PTC

Fair enough, but still think the bunny argument is pointless when Robbo is involved. Judd was owning for a while and then got thrashed in the Masters. A few years ago he was Maguire's bunny but now Robbo has beaten him everytime they met since 2009.

Whoever plays the best snooker or gets the best run of the ball will win nine times out of ten when it comes to the top 24 players,I will be willing Ronnie to win tomorrow but Mags will be no pushover same as rest of matches.

Nineties snooker is gone,That is why snooker is so exciting at present,It is the never knowing how the match will go with the top ranked players competing against each other.

There are no dead cert's anymore,I think this is a good thing for snooker. <ok>

Postby jojo

lee v trump
i think lee will win this one he seem to be in really good form the last few months and trump i think beginning to learn it not good to be so cocky you have to graft and respect players his form not been so good since robertson thrashed him at the masters

o sullivan v maguire
doesnt matter if it close or not o sullivan will win this one whether it be 5-0 5-1 5-2 5-3 or 5-4 ronnie will beat maguire no doubt about it
it his reputation alone that almost giving him victories against certain players who are beat before they even play him step forward the likes of maguire carter williams etc

ding v carter
think ding will win carter been awful all season and beat a rookie who had expectation on him for the first time after convincingly beating murphy

robertson v ebdon
well done ebdon for beating higgins always good for snooker that watching higgins lose so for that reason alone i wouldnt mind if ebdon win tomorrow i know he has a good record against robertson especially in the far east and this match almost impossible to call
robertson can match ebdon in the safety and tactical exchanges and returned to form in the last event very difficult to call this one ill say law of averages it robertsons turn to beat ebdon

Postby Wildey

Friday 30th of March

7.30am BST

Judd Trump v Stephen Lee
Stephen Maguire v Ronnie O'Sullivan

12.30pm BST

Ding Junhui v Ali Carter
Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:Friday 30th of March

7.30am BST

Judd Trump v Stephen Lee
Stephen Maguire v Ronnie O'Sullivan

12.30pm BST

Ding Junhui v Ali Carter
Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon

Too bad the Ronnie match is in the morning session (morning for us I mean), have school at 10a.m so maybe by then Ronnie will have his match wrapped up, I´ll record it though as I always do so no big deal.

But looking it in another way it´s better because Ronnie himself says he likes to play in afternoon sessions, because he wakes up, and doesnt hang around too much, opposite to evening sessions. This session has two absolute crackers, whereas the other one is more like a bore, at least the Ebdon Robbo match.. hope Ding doesnt collapse in front of his home crowd, would like him to go to the final

Postby Andre147

Lee vs Trump - For me the toughest one to call, as opposite to what some people are saying.. yes Lee is playing the snooker of his life at the momment, since the Masters, but Trump is very dangerous when he reaches the latter stages of tournaments, and I feel lee will crack at some point in this match.. will be close, but I go for Trump

ronnie vs maguire - I feel Ronnie will win, although not that easily. but if Ronnie starts badly, then he doesnt have much time to recover, unlike that Germany final, but even so I expect Ronnie to win a close match

ding vs carter - Ding for me, Carter is still not playing well and Lu Ning didnt put him under any sort of pressure, so for me Ding definately

robertson vs ebdon - I´m sure it will be a long, tactical match, with lost and lots of safety play, which is also nice to see, but I fancy Robbo, even though Peter might battle

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Very good QF line up. Is Carter playing himself into form?

Hopefully. Carter wasn't that good today; still making a few too many mistakes. It's just that Lu Ning was nothing like the player who beat Murphy yesterday. No idea how he played against Dale.