Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Discussion!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a clearance from Ronnie to pull it out of the fire!!!

:happy: :happy: :D :D

It was a match I never thought Ronnie could win but he did it!

That was one hell of a clearance... And that´s something I´ve been noticing this season with him, he is being able to pull off some amazing cleanrance, truly higgins style, whereas the season before or 2 seasons ago he couldnt pull them off so often.

Wonderful from Ronnie there, amazing comeback again, although Marcus gave him a little help, against another top player and Ronnie would have lost 5-1 or 5-2 the way he was playing. But still, credit for him to pull of that amazing clearance.

Now earns a match with his bunny Williams.

Postby hendry_fan

*Ronnie O'Sullivan* 5-4 Marcus Campbell

HAHAFU****GHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

CAMPBELL NEEDS A GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD KICK UP THE AR*E!!!!!!.

HOW MANY CHANCES DOES CAMPBELL NEED TO BEAT RONNIE,IT,S PATHETIC!!!!!.TALK ABOUT THERE FOR THE TAKIN!!!.

:fart: :td: <doh> MARCUS POXY CAMPBELL!!!! <doh> :td: :fart:

I WOULD,NT BE SURPRISED IF RONNIE WAS TO WIN THIS CHINA OPEN NOW,THANKS TO CAMPBELL!!!!.

:fart: GO AND JOIN THE "HIGGINSON CLUB" CAMPBELL!!!! :fart:

:td: :td: YOU COULD,NT EVEN BEAT RONNIE IF HE WAS PLAYIN WITH A BROOM!!! :td: :td:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I can imagine Williams sitting in his hotel room watching the match and seeing Ronnie hack around in the first couple of frames and getting all excited. Now Ronnie will eat him for breakfast right after breakfast.

rofl

Yes I agree, but if Ronnie starts the match the way he did today Williams certainly wont give him as many chances as Marcus gave Ronnie today. That being said though, Ronnie tends to play poor the match before he plays Williams, and then when he plays Mark he destroys him, so another day, a different Ronnie I hope.

Postby Andre147

Ebdon wins against Matthew by 5-3 :D well played, told you, Matthew would have a very tough match on his hands, and some of you didnt believe me, but there it goes.. I imagine Matt couldnt cope with Ebonds style of play today, and so it proved.

Now Peter has a match with Higgins, very tough for him, but the way Higgins has been playing recently, wouldnt be too surprised if there wasanother shock on the cards, we shall see.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Yep I also said Ebdon would beat Machew if he grinded down and played good Snooker, me and Andre were right.

From 3-2 down, you could always see O'Sullivan coming back and winning. There are so many chokers in the game it's unreal.

Higginson, Cope, Woolaston and Campbell the list is probably even longer if I could think of other names.

Can still see either Lee, Walden, Selby or Robertson winning it now. Even though O'Sullivan, Junhui made some incredible comeback and Higgins eased to a win today.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

nice_shoes_ken wrote:From 3-2 down, you could always see O'Sullivan coming back and winning. There are so many chokers in the game it's unreal.

To be fair - Campbell played his best snooker in the last two frames. Also he didn't miss a pot in the final frame, he played safe, Ronnie knocked a Trump special in and cleared up.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:From 3-2 down, you could always see O'Sullivan coming back and winning. There are so many chokers in the game it's unreal.

To be fair - Campbell played his best snooker in the last two frames. Also he didn't miss a pot in the final frame, he played safe, Ronnie knocked a Trump special in and cleared up.

Indeed, that long red and that amazing thin black to bottom right corner were out of this world, wonderful clearance from Ronnie there

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Campbell did play well and dominated at one stage, but it was such a scrappy game how many breaks over 50 were there?

2-3?

Campbell was in amongst the balls a few times, and messed up, played safe instead in the decider and it cost him. Was a excellent speedy break from Ronnie so good for him. Nobody really stamped their authority on the match in all truthful, not the best match of Snooker at all. If Campbell was able to make more bigger breaks he would of won that match, 5-1 or 5-2.

But no he choked just like a whole host of others in recent times.

Postby Andre147

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Campbell did play well and dominated at one stage, but it was such a scrappy game how many breaks over 50 were there?

2-3?

Campbell was in amongst the balls a few times, and messed up, played safe instead in the decider and it cost him. Was a excellent speedy break from Ronnie so good for him. Nobody really stamped their authority on the match in all truthful, not the best match of Snooker at all. If Campbell was able to make more bigger breaks he would of won that match, 5-1 or 5-2.

But no he choked just like a whole host of others in recent times.

Yes I agree, at times he did played safe when he didnt have to, Ronnie only made 2 breaks over 50, same for campbell I imagine, but that last break from Ronnie was just awsome.Against a top opposition, Ronnie would have lost 5-1 or 5-2 like you said, but it´s history now. Now has another match with Williams in the last 16

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Am I the only one on the forum who watched theLu Ning match? Really is a shame. :sad:

I'll watch his match against Carter tomorrow, at least parts of it.

Reckon that'll be shown? I mean there are some big names being shown, and Ali Carter is just such a :zzz: Fortunately, Ning has the advantage of being Chinese, which'll speak to the people who decide the matches. (The Chinese, basically.)

After I've raved about him, he'll do pants tomorrow won't he? rofl But, he looked so composed against Murphy. Murphy made one mistake in frame one, Ning punished him by winning the frame. Murphy made one mistake in frame 2, Ning punished him by winning the frame. Murphy pulled it back to 2-2, and I thought; "Here we go. 5-2 to Smurph." Ning won frame 5 and 6 almost flawlessly. At one point, he was on an 80 in a 147 attempt. An 18-year old, non-pro, playing Shaun Murphy in a ranking event to do that. :shock: Then Ning missed in the frame 7, that would've been the one to take him to victory, and it looked good for Murphy to make a comeback. But Murphy missed to, and Ning won it.

At one point, after he was 4-2 up, Ning went for a comfort break. The cameraman took a long-shot of the playing area. Literally, it was the table. You could see Ning's chair empty, and Murphy was in his chair, slumped down staring at the floor. A picture painted a tousand words. He didn't know what hit him.

Really hope that's not a one-off. It would be such a shame if that's the only performance like that he makes in his career, and everybody misses it watching Ronnie.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Yep as you say Andre O'Sullivan now needs to get past Williams...again.

The China Open and Hainan always brings out new stars, the World Championships brought the best out of Zhang Anda a couple of years ago, he seems to have lost his way though. Li Yan and Yu Delu are also one's to watch, and will be participating in the World Championship qualifiers, one of them might even make Sheffield, but they have Ryan Day and Stephen Hendry to get past if they were to make the final qualifying stage.

Now Lu Ning has burst onto the scene, in a match which he dominated and in all truthful never looked like losing. Real shame that it seems most of us missed his back to back century breaks, if he can produce the same Snooker against a very dire and off form Carter, then if he makes it through he then meets Selby or Ding Junhui. Then that particular match will show what Lu Ning is really made of, and if he has the quality of going real far in the World of Snooker.

Exciting times!!!

Postby Monique

kostasmad wrote:Without being present i can imagine what happened in Stevens/Ebdon match.

Stevens started with a 127 and then Ebdon decided "break of 12 in 5 minutes"...

Hum … that was 7 years ago, he's older now, and slower understandably ;-)

Postby Skullman

Back from school to see the scores. MJW and Ronnie have both won, although I'm reading that Ronnie didn't play too well at the beginning and made it hard work. Still it doesn't matter, as no matter how well MJW is playing and how badly Ronnie is playing in the previous round, Ronnie will always win.

Nice to see Bingham win a match for once although I doubt he'll be troubling Judd too much.

Higgins won comfortably it seems, although I just the first frame. Did he play well or did Rory make too many silly mistakes?

Good see Carter wining again. He has a decent chance against Lu Ning, who played very well against Murphy it seems, but will be inexperienced and wouldn't trouble Carter as much as Murphy would.

Also :D Allen is out and Walden has won to face Maguire! Should be a cracker like their match in Galway. Hope whoever wins that match reaches the final.