Topic locked

Betfred.com World Championship Qualifying !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 5th of April- Sunday 15th of April at the EIS Badminton Hall and WS Academy,Sheffield

The Aim This week is simple just get a ticket to the Crucible.

Pre Qualifying Rounds Patrick Wallace,Joe Delaney,Stephen Rowlings,David Gray,Les Dodd and Former Champion John Parrott taking Part

Round 1 sees the Return of Igor Figueiredo Last seen in September at the Brazilian Masters

Round 2 Tian Pengfei,Joe Swail,Daniel Wells,Liam Highfield,Matt Couch,Li Yan,Yu De Lu,Kurt Maflin,Ian McCulloch,Luca Brecel,Passakorn Suwannawat and Last years Qualifier Andrew Pagett In Action

Round 3 Anthony McGill,Ben Woollaston,Xiao Guodong,James Wattana,Michael White,Tony Drago,Liu Chuang and Jimmy Robertson who made the Final Stages Last year start out..

Round 4 Jamie Jones,Nigel Bond,Liang Wenbo,Jimmy White,Alan McManus,Jack Lisowski and 6 Times Champion Steve Davis hoping to return to the crucible

Round 5 Ken Doherty,Ricky Walden,Ryan Day,Jamie Cope,Marco Fu,Dominic Dale,Andrew Higginson,Peter Ebdon and 7 Times King Stephen Hendry Looking for their Spot in The Crucible Draw.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betfred.com World Championship Qualifying & .....

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:Will matches be streamed?

yup

from saturday 7th of April there will be 24 sessions Streamed proberbly on 2 Tables

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just realised John Parrott only has to win 11 matches to get his second world title.

C'mon JP :D If you're playing you can't be in the studio!

you great point

come on Steve you can qualify :D

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Can't wait, strongest set of qualifiers for years.

Hendry, Ebdon, Fu, Hawkins, Walden, Perry, King.

Some very good names involved, and John Parrott is taking part of course.

McGill, Dale, Walden, M.Davis, Day, Hendry, Ford, Fu, Holt, Wenbo, Robertson, Cope, Hawkins, McLeod, Ebdon, Perry.

The names I think that will make it through, not confident on McGill or Cope though and we might see one of Li Yan or Yu Delu cause a shock but apart from that im confident on all other names and predictions, which sets up a very strong field.

Postby Roland

I'm going on the second Saturday, will probably try and get down for 2 of the first 3 days seeing it's on at the weekend, and possibly one evening after work too. Will have to see what I can wangle with World Snooker

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I'm going on the second Saturday, will probably try and get down for 2 of the first 3 days seeing it's on at the weekend, and possibly one evening after work too. Will have to see what I can wangle with World Snooker

14th April (SATURDAY) - thats the day I like best. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

The Draw For the 1st Round will take place on Monday 16th of April On Talksport

The draw will take place at 1.30pm on the Hawksbee and Jacobs show, with reaction from World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn and last year's finalist Judd Trump.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 48,00.html

Postby Smart

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:I'm going on the second Saturday, will probably try and get down for 2 of the first 3 days seeing it's on at the weekend, and possibly one evening after work too. Will have to see what I can wangle with World Snooker

14th April (SATURDAY) - thats the day I like best. :hatoff:

discovered today that the FA Cup semi final (Liverpool vs Everton) is on 14th April :dizzy:

Postby PLtheRef

Since I live in Sheffield I'll try and get to a fair bit of it, but I'm off to Rome on Mon 16th so I think I might head back to Leeds after the morning session on Sunday 15th.

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:Thursday 5th of April

11am

John Parrott v Patrick Wallace COME ON PADDY
Joe Delaney v Stephen Rowlings COME ON JOE
Philip Minchin v Barry Stark COME ON BAZZA
Ali Bassiri v David Singh GO GO ALI
Jamie O'Neill v David Gray COME ON JAMIE
Les Dodd v Justin Astley COME ON WEIGHT WATCHER

6pm

John Parrott/Patrick Wallace v Joe Delaney/ Stephen Rowlings
Philip Minchin/Barry Stark v Ali Bassiri/David Singh