Post a reply

Re: Q School Entrants 2o12/2013

Postby GJ

You can add this name to the list

Vincent Callabrasie

Robbo said hes coming over earlier this year to make sure hes ready for Q School

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:You can add this name to the list

Vincent Callabrasie

Robbo said hes coming over earlier this year to make sure hes ready for Q School

:limp:

soon as i saw you had replied on this thread knew itd be about that muppet

what about the Miss Fuds AKA The Chuckle Brothers? are they entering :D

Postby Witz78

Wild

so is this link right enough then, they are def doing a more sensible order of merit to decide the Q School qualifiers onto the tour?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Wild

so is this link right enough then, they are def doing a more sensible order of merit to decide the Q School qualifiers onto the tour?

NO

same way to get on tour as last year however there will be a order of merit so if there are quitters like igor,bjorn next season tournaments will be toped up by players that just failed to get on tour

Postby Witz78

DOH yeh thats what i thought id heard but just wanted to double check.

theyve missed a trick

surely its in WS interest that the best 12 guys get on the tour and an order of merit is the fairest way.

last year Paddy Pantsdown AKA David Gray nearly made the semis a few times but fell short then others had 1 decent run at the last event after doing nothing in the 1st 2.

Postby roy142857

strange that the statements say 3 tournaments, same as last year, but the Order of Merit page shows 4 tournaments ... an error, or are they thinking about 4 extra places ...

Postby roy142857

roy142857 wrote:strange that the statements say 3 tournaments, same as last year, but the Order of Merit page shows 4 tournaments ... an error, or are they thinking about 4 extra places ...

Now amended to 3 tournaments on the Order of Merit page ... shame, thought we were in for an extra week of Q School!

:-)

Postby Dannyboy

So, how is next years tour going to be made up - there's going to be an increase in players to 128; where are the extra 32 going to come from?

Postby PLtheRef

The increase to 128 wont happen until 2013/14

My guess is this:

With two seasons of 2 year qualifiers on tour that means that along with the traditional 96 qualifying criteria there'll be 120 members on tour.

I reckon top 8 amateurs on PTC OOM will be invited to join the ranks too.

Postby Witz78

PLtheRef wrote:The increase to 128 wont happen until 2013/14

My guess is this:

With two seasons of 2 year qualifiers on tour that means that along with the traditional 96 qualifying criteria there'll be 120 members on tour.

I reckon top 8 amateurs on PTC OOM will be invited to join the ranks too.

not strictly true

some of those out of the top 64 may well be non tour newcomers so they wont get spared tour relegations so will need more than 8 places to be filled by another means.

Postby Wildey

Greg Davis son of Steve http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 61,00.html

A new Q School ranking list will also be introduced, with players earning one point for every frame won. During the main tour season, should any of the tournament draws fall below a total entry of 96 (or 128 in 2013/14) then the field will be topped up to 96 or 128 with the highest ranked players from the Q-School list.

Postby Wildey

More Entrants

John Astley
Tom Maxfield
Reza Hassan
Sachin Plaha
John Sutton
Martin O'Donnell
Andy Marriott
George Marter
James Cahill
Jamie Barrett
Jayson Wholey
Yin Lun Cheng
Richard Remelie
Stephen Groves
Liam Monk
Ryan Causton
Kevin O'Leary
Marc Harman
Sean O'Sullivan
Chen Zhe
Ben Harrison
Jeff Cundy
Vinnie Calabrese
Mitchell Mann
Dessie Sheehan
Elliot Slessor
Kacper Filipiak
Nick Jennings
Darren Bond
James Burrett
Allan Taylor
Greg Batten
Scott Donaldson
Kankan Shamsi
Zhang Anda
Khizar Raoof
Joel Walker
Michael Wasley
Reanne Evans
Jamie Rhys Clarke
Ross Muir
Stuart Carrington
Saqib Nasir
Fabio Luersen
Andrew Hudson
Christopher Norbury
Simon Bevz

Surprised No Kyren Wilson on the List so far.

Re: Q School Entrants 2012/2013

Postby Wildey

more Entrants taking the total up to 70

shaun Wilkes
Alex Taubman
Kyren Wilson
Justin Astley
Robbie Williams
Peter Antrobus
Jake Nicholson
Nick Dyson
Alex Davies
Brent Kolbeck
Richard King
Sam Harvey
Jamie O'Neill
Zak Surety
Bobby Cruickshanks

Postby Roland

Was gonna say! Thankfully he's got his entry in although that's enough now, all of teamSI are in, don't need any more....

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Was gonna say! Thankfully he's got his entry in although that's enough now, all of teamSI are in, don't need any more....

there will no doubt be a few pros that fall off in the mix looking at the rankings Wattana,McCulloch,Rod Lawler and Swail.

although its great having a 2 year card for youngsters but i presume if Swail makes it through Q School he also has a 2 year card.

Postby Wildey

Gary Wilson
Adrian Ridley
Fraser Patrick
Phil O'Kane
Li Hang
David Singh

Entry now is 76

Postby Wildey

Tony Knowles the never beaten and very hopeless veteran enters Q School....also there is David Gray former top 16 player.

Rhys Clark
Christopher Keogan
Matthew Day
David Gray
Richard Twomey
Callum Downing
Lee Page
Sydney Wilson
Itaro Santos
Lee Spick
Tony Knowles

entry now stands at 87

Postby Monique

But Eden Sharav said on twitter this morning that he won't enter it. He didn't look happy about it so I reckon he can't afford itt and didn't find a sponsor ready to support him. Shame. He's a very good player.

Postby JIMO96

That's a real pity, he's the one name I've been looking for all week. Good to see Rhys Clark, Ross Muir & Scott Donaldson's names there, and also Bobby Cruickshanks & Fraser Patrick, it would be great if Michael Leslie had a couple of compatriots join him next season. Good luck boys, do it for Scotland!

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:But Eden Sharav said on twitter this morning that he won't enter it. He didn't look happy about it so I reckon he can't afford itt and didn't find a sponsor ready to support him. Shame. He's a very good player.

but he did not enter Snookerbacker classic despite the fact snookerbacker initally had one planned in scotland....

they have to help themselves to get backing.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Wild, you are not fit to lick the corn out of Tony Knowles' rubbish. <ok>

never said i was however he seem to think he has a future in snooker <laugh>

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:But Eden Sharav said on twitter this morning that he won't enter it. He didn't look happy about it so I reckon he can't afford itt and didn't find a sponsor ready to support him. Shame. He's a very good player.

but he did not enter Snookerbacker classic despite the fact snookerbacker initally had one planned in scotland....

I'm not sure it was his choice. Never understood the intricacies of Scottish snooker …

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

I'm not sure it was his choice. Never understood the intricacies of Scottish snooker …

no dont think it was to be fair and your right Scottish snooker has shafted their young players for years....

hope he can get something sorted for next year because they not getting nominations this year either unless he might get the Europe nom whitch i somehow doubt with Michael Leslie getting one.

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Wild, you are not fit to lick the corn out of Tony Knowles' rubbish. <ok>

What's the harm in letting him compete once a year? Of course, he's a shadow of his former self but if it makes him happy...

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

What's the harm in letting him compete once a year? Of course, he's a shadow of his former self but if it makes him happy...

fair point <ok>

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:

Maybe he has. Who knows how many snookerkids he's faftered over the years? ;-)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

Maybe he has. Who knows how many snookerkids he's faftered over the years? ;-)

<laugh>

yes it really is hard to believe with his womanising reputation that he was safe every time rofl

Postby JIMO96

I'm sure Knowlesy still thinks he's good enough and why not? No Mike Hallett yet? I take it Anthony Harris is the same Anthony Harris who won the English amateur in the '80's? A real blast from the past there!

As far as the state of the Scottish amateur game goes, I thought with Anthony McGill coming through, he would be the first of many, with Sharav, Leslie, Carlisle etc soon following, and the organisational turmoil had been confined to history. Is that not the case?