Postby Wildey

Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th of March at Crondon Park, Essex

Group 1 Winner Judd Trump
Group 2 Winner Shaun Murphy
Group 3 Winner Neil Robertson
Group 4 Winner Mark Davis
Group 5 Winner Barry Hawkins
Group 6 Winner Mark Allen

The Final Group of 7 to determine who wins the last place in the Winner's Group commences.

who will be that man ?

Group 7 Players

Dominic Dale
Peter Ebdon
Marcus Campbell
Joe Perry
Ding Junhui
Tom Ford
Ryan Day

DRAW

Re: Championship League Group 7 !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Why isnt marco Fu playing in CL group 7? has he withdrawn from the event? I see Tom Ford has replaced him, because Fu was due to play Dale now and instead Ford is playing him.

Never mind, the most pointless event in the calendar, so Fu wont miss much, just miss a chance of earning more money..

Postby Andre147

PatBlock wrote:Anyone else watching this?

-

I am, although wont pay that much attention to it.. just interested in the Winners group on Wednesday and thursday to see who gets a spot on premier League.. although there might be a chance that the player who wins it already has his place secured, like mark allen, robertson or Trump

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Why isnt marco Fu playing in CL group 7? has he withdrawn from the event? I see Tom Ford has replaced him, because Fu was due to play Dale now and instead Ford is playing him.

Never mind, the most pointless event in the calendar, so Fu wont miss much, just miss a chance of earning more money..

yup not payed much attention this morning and just noticed that Ford is in it instead of Marco Fu.

i agree a lot of matches to find one player for PL lol

surely there's a way of incorporating the PTC to find the player for PL and then you got more room in the calender to space out major events and get room for another Ranking Tournament.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Why isnt marco Fu playing in CL group 7? has he withdrawn from the event? I see Tom Ford has replaced him, because Fu was due to play Dale now and instead Ford is playing him.

yup not payed much attention this morning and just noticed that Ford is in it instead of Marco Fu.

surely there's a way of incorporating the PTC to find the player for PL and then you got more room in the calender to space out major events and get room for another Ranking Tournament.

Fully agree, there needs to be more breathing space beetwen January and March, when CL is being played, and just scrapp this event off the calendar.. Then, like you say, for instance the ptcs could be more spread over and not so close to each other, and there could be also another ranking tourney, my guess is that it would be another overseas event.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Fully agree, there needs to be more breathing space beetwen January and March, when CL is being played, and just scrapp this event off the calendar.. Then, like you say, for instance the ptcs could be more spread over and not so close to each other, and there could be also another ranking tourney, my guess is that it would be another overseas event.

next season there's 10 PTC instead of 12 why not play 7 before Christmas and 3 in 2013 instead of this baloney.

Postby PatBlock

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is anyone really watching this? I would only watch this if I was getting paid doing so.

I just don't understand that, it's snooker, so by definition it's interesting.
If these matches were playing down at your local club, would you not go and watch?

Anyway, it's worth a look just for the novelty factor of watching them play on these extra long tables. :-D

-

Postby Snooker Overdrive

PatBlock wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is anyone really watching this? I would only watch this if I was getting paid doing so.

I just don't understand that, it's snooker, so by definition it's interesting.
If these matches were playing down at your local club, would you not go and watch?

Anyway, it's worth a look just for the novelty factor of watching them play on these extra long tables. :-D

-

Watching snooker is not interesting by definition. High stakes make it interesting. Not just in snooker but in any sport. The Champions League is the lowest of the low and that's why I don't care about it.

Postby Wildey

it does seem to me to be a throw money at players exercise.

in 5 years approx £1,000,000 has been payed out on this event.

i think that cash could have been better spent TBH.

Postby PatBlock

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Watching snooker is not interesting by definition. High stakes make it interesting. Not just in snooker but in any sport. The Champions League is the lowest of the low and that's why I don't care about it.

I see. Well admittedly, I'd rather watch the World Championships than The Champions League , but I'd much rather watch The Champions League than no snooker at all.

-

Postby Wildey

Monday 19th of March

Results
Dominic Dale 3-1 Peter Ebdon
Marcus Campbell 3-1 Joe Perry
Ding Junhui 2-3 Ryan Day
Tom Ford 3-0 Dominic Dale
Peter Ebdon 1-3 Marcus Campbell
Joe Perry 2-3 Ding Junhui
Ryan Day 1-3 Tom Ford
Dominic Dale 3-1 Marcus Campbell
Peter Ebdon 3-2 Joe Perry
Ding Junhui 1-3 Tom Ford
Marcus Campbell 2-3 Tom Ford
Ryan Day 3-0
Joe Perry

Postby Andre147

Very high standard in the campbell v Ford match.. 3 centuries in 3 frames... the highest of the group, 139 by Campbell in frame 2 to lead 2 nil, then Ford hits back with 2 centuries of his own, 101 and 123.. brilliant stuff

Postby Andre147

Ford win the decider against Campbell 3-2.. and what a start it is to the Championsip League debutant, 4 wins out of 4.. should be in the semis now, with a chance to go to the winners group

Postby Skullman

Hope he isn't the Selby of the group - dominating the round robin and semi final, then getting knocked out in the final. Especially since this is the last group.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 20th of March

Results

Dominic Dale 0-3 Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 1-3 Ding Junhui
Joe Perry 1-3 Tom Ford
Marcus Campbell 3-0
Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 3-0 Tom Ford
Dominic Dale 0-3 Ding Junhui

3.15pm
Marcus Campbell v Ding Junhui
Peter Ebdon v Ryan Day

4.30pm
Dominic Dale v Joe Perry

Not before 6pm
SEMI FINALS

7.15pm
FINAL

Postby Wildey

Tom Ford has qualified for the semi finals in top spot on 5 points with one match to come

The others in Contension to join him are Marcus Campbell,Ryan Day,Ding Junhui and Dominic Dale with Peter Ebdon and Joe Perry Mathematicly able to qualify but its very unlikely to say the least with Ding only needing 3 frames out of 2 matches to put them out.

Postby Wildey

Semi Finalists are now known with 3 Matches left to play

Tom Ford
Marcus Campbell
Ryan Day
Ding Junhui

Tom Ford is top but 2,3 and 4 spots yet to be decided so who plays who at 6pm is all thats left in the Group Stage.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 20th of March

Results

Dominic Dale 0-3 Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 1-3 Ding Junhui
Joe Perry 1-3 Tom Ford
Marcus Campbell 3-0
Ryan Day
Peter Ebdon 3-0 Tom Ford
Dominic Dale 0-3 Ding Junhui
Marcus Campbell 2-3 Ding Junhui
Peter Ebdon 3-2 Ryan Day
Dominic Dale 2-3 Joe Perry

Postby randam05

Wonderful effort of the 147 there from Dale. Just under hit the green and missed the brown! Some great shots to get there though.

Haha then he just said, feels about a 1000 degrees in here now! And went in off from the break off shot!

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Wonderful effort of the 147 there from Dale. Just under hit the green and missed the brown! Some great shots to get there though.

Haha then he just said, feels about a 1000 degrees in here now! And went in off from the break off shot!

This just came up on my facebook account;

World Snooker
Dominic Dale on a 147 in his match against Joe Perry at the Championship League. He's on 96 and the last three reds are in the open.

50-odd minutes ago. I assume he'd not got it, or they'd have updated.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:no he missed the brown

There's a joke about him being an arse-bandit there somewhere.

na he definitly missed the brown but keeps knocking in the pink :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 20th of March

Not before 6pm
Semi Finals
Tom Ford 3-2 Ryan Day
Ding Junhui 3-0 Marcus Campbell

7.15pm
Final
Tom Ford 0-3 Ding Junhui