Topic locked

Betfair PTC Grand Finals Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 14th of March - Sunday 18th of March at The Bailey Allen Hall,Galway, Ireland

In the Final its 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson who Blitzed Stephen Maguire in the Semis and hes Playing Stephen Lee who won the Last of his 4 Ranking Titles Before Neil Robertson won any.

Who will Triumph Tonight ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Should be. He played better in his semi, and always ups his game each round. Plus there is that record...

Of course it's a best of 7, so Lee still has a chance, but Robbo should be favourite.

Postby Skullman

boris_the_butcher wrote:Lee turned him over a few weeks ago in Hainan but a final seems to halt any momentum Lee builds up.

We couldn't see that match so you don't know how either played. Robbo seems to be playing the best he's played since the Masters.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I really didn't have much of a chance to watch snooker this weekend but I'll watch the final. This event didn't excite me at all and Ronnie not turning up was the final nail in the coffin from my point of view.

You'd better find someone to interest you. No way Ronnie will be going to China this season or next.

Postby Andre147

The final is starting in just 15 minutes.

Honestly dont care who wins, love them both as players and just hope it is a good match. On one hand, I´d like Lee to win because he hasnt won a ranker for a long time since the Welsh open in 2006, but on the other hand if he loses tonight against Robbo I wont be upset at all because would also love Robbo to keep that amazing 100% record in finals, if he makes 10 out of 10 professional finals that is something that will take a lot of beating thats for sure.

Good luck to both players, should be a good match. <cool> <cool>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I really didn't have much of a chance to watch snooker this weekend but I'll watch the final. This event didn't excite me at all and Ronnie not turning up was the final nail in the coffin from my point of view.

Yes, although Ronnie is also my favourite player, when he doesnt attend events I always go for other players, and even if he attends them and loses I still love watching other players, as I´m not Ronnie addicted fan who only watvhes snooker when he´s playing. There are so many great players around, not just him.

And this final sees two of my favourites also, expect to be a quality match

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I will be gutted if robbo loses his record tonight

It will have to end one time or another.. but then again, it doesnt necessarily have to end you know, he could finish his career with a 100% record in finals.. cant see it happening though

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:

It will have to end one time or another.. but then again, it doesnt necessarily have to end you know, he could finish his career with a 100% record in finals.. cant see it happening though

The longer it goes on the more confident he will be in finals :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The longer it goes on the more confident he will be in finals :hatoff:

Certainly, but it might also put some pressure on him to keep that amazing record.. but Robbo isnt a player who worries that much about that, so i think it will be no problem for him
Last edited by Andre147 on 18 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:

Well he wins here and never reaches another final...

Tbh I'm not fussed with the finals record. I mean it would be concerning if it was very low, but as long as he keeps reaching finals and doesn't end his career with the number of victories he has now, I'm happy.