Topic locked

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
jojo wrote:higgins selby trump and robertson ronnie would be tested against

as for the others forget it

They're best of 7s. Walden has beaten him in a best of 19, Lee has just been getting better and better this season, while Maguire can easily put in four quick breaks and knocking him out here.

I agree skulmann, in this format, even a player who has a bad record against Ronnie, can beat him if they play to a decent standard... and had he played Walden, I bet he would have lost, just had that feeling.. but we´ll never know because he didnt attend the event

Postby Skullman

Anyway, back to current affairs. Higginson in with a decent chance in the first frame. If he has a good run here he could put some pressure on Ronnie's ranking position, especially since he doesn't get minimum points for withdrawals anymore.

Postby Alpha

Andre147 wrote:
jojo wrote:whether people like it or not ronnie would easily beat most of the players in the field this week and he got much more of a chance of winning majors than some who turn up every week

but it not their fault he doesnt turn up to half the tournaments

Yes but if Ronnie keeps missing these tournaments he lacks match parctice, and then when he turns up, loses very easily.. look at what happend last season... This season he has been better I know, but still... next is China Open, and I bet he´ll use the glandular fever as an excuse again,even though it´s true... and finally the Worlds, honestly dont know if he´ll attend it.. last season he came very close to missing it, dont know about this one

According to David Hendon, from now on , if players don't turn up to tournaments, they will not get any points ,not even if the reason is genuine. The only exceptions will be cases like the late Paul Hunter's cancer.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Anyway, back to current affairs. Higginson in with a decent chance in the first frame. If he has a good run here he could put some pressure on Ronnie's ranking position, especially since he doesn't get minimum points for withdrawals anymore.

he is still 3000 points behind Ronnie, but a good run here and he would definately be very close to him.... and if Ronnie skipps the China open or loses first round and Higginson wins or two games in there, he´ll go past him

Postby Andre147

Alpha wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
jojo wrote:whether people like it or not ronnie would easily beat most of the players in the field this week and he got much more of a chance of winning majors than some who turn up every week

but it not their fault he doesnt turn up to half the tournaments

Yes but if Ronnie keeps missing these tournaments he lacks match parctice, and then when he turns up, loses very easily.. look at what happend last season... This season he has been better I know, but still... next is China Open, and I bet he´ll use the glandular fever as an excuse again,even though it´s true... and finally the Worlds, honestly dont know if he´ll attend it.. last season he came very close to missing it, dont know about this one

According to David Hendon, from now on , if players don't turn up to tournaments, they will not get any points ,not even if the reason is genuine. The only exceptions will be cases like the late Paul Hunter's cancer.

dont know if Ali Carter has this special reason due to his Chrons decease, but ronniés glandular fever isnt one of them I know that for sure

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Anyway, back to current affairs. Higginson in with a decent chance in the first frame. If he has a good run here he could put some pressure on Ronnie's ranking position, especially since he doesn't get minimum points for withdrawals anymore.

he is still 3000 points behind Ronnie, but a good run here and he would definately be very close to him.... and if Ronnie skipps the China open or loses first round and Higginson wins or two games in there, he´ll go past him

LOL, i said Higginson would play in China, but he obviously lost in the qualifiers to Jimmy White...

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
jojo wrote:robertson not been playing well so to be honest it could be anyones tournament

it not a bad tournament but these best of seven format matches are a turn off and it doesnt help that the man who could easily be the world number one keep on missing tournaments

Snooker has to get over Ronnie. He's getting old, like Higgins and MJW and won't be as consistent although he's still capable of winning of tournaments.

Plus next year there will be five tournaments in China, as well Australia and possibly India. Ronnie's not a traveller. I think he might go to half of those tournaments at best. Snooker has to look at the good players that are here and actually turn up, like Trump and Allen.

Totally true...

if he cant be fussed then he should buck off and retire and people wont buy tickets to watch him play only to get a big brush off from their hero.

Postby Roland

The match wasn't great. Lots of balls missed by both but experience counted in the end for Higginson. Based on today though, Lee should coast tomorrow but that doesn't always happen because AH can play better than that and Lee can't play any better than that.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Looks like the winner will be from the bottom half. No offense to Lee or Higginson but I don't see them challenging Robbo or Mags.

Not sure about that.. if Robbo goes through to the final, then I´d say you´re right, but if it is Mags and lee they both have 50/50 chances for me...

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Looks like the winner will be from the bottom half. No offense to Lee or Higginson but I don't see them challenging Robbo or Mags.

Not sure about that.. if Robbo goes through to the final, then I´d say you´re right, but if it is Mags and lee they both have 50/50 chances for me...

Maguire looks like he is near his Berlin form, and I don't Lee matching that.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Maguire looks like he is near his Berlin form, and I don't Lee matching that.

maybe, but this week has been riddled with surprises, so we shall see what happens..

match between Robbo and perry starting now

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Could beat Walden's high break.

Edit: Sorry can only equal it. :emb:

Brilliant start from Robbo :D :D :D eqauls the highest break, 131 made by Walden...

terrific start.. when he starts reaching this latter stages of tournamnets, it´s like he transforms himself... let´s hope he can keep this performance