Topic locked

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Actually a quick check of Wikipedia shows a remarkable similarity. Maguire won a event (European Open 9-3 against Jimmy White), then lost to Higgins in a final and won the UK that year. Then a barren patch. Hopefully this doesn't happen to Judd, but if it does I think Maguire would be a good comparison.

Trump will turn it around maybe not this season but he certainly is the future of snooker.

You can't guarantee anything. We'll just have to wait and see.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:The stories going around on twitter atm is that Ronnie was actually on the plane but wasn't allowed to sit next to his mate so he went home.

is that supposed to be a joke? Who is saying that?

Grove Snooker. Think they're joking?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Actually a quick check of Wikipedia shows a remarkable similarity. Maguire won a event (European Open 9-3 against Jimmy White), then lost to Higgins in a final and won the UK that year. Then a barren patch. Hopefully this doesn't happen to Judd, but if it does I think Maguire would be a good comparison.

Trump will turn it around maybe not this season but he certainly is the future of snooker.

I can <cool> the boy is special

Also I didn't say he won't win the World Championship is year, I just said he isn't at the top of my favourites list anymore.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The stories going around on twitter atm is that Ronnie was actually on the plane but wasn't allowed to sit next to his mate so he went home.

who the hell told you that rofl

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I can <cool> the boy is special

Also I didn't say he won't win the World Championship is year, I just said he isn't at the top of my favourites list anymore.

He won't win the Worlds because he'll lose to Carter in the second round with a session to spare. :john:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I need a bit more than that

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

What more do you want? It was from his management company. Admittedly it was paraphrased, but the gist of the tweets was that he couldn't sit next to his friend on the plane and decided not to continue.

Postby Skullman

And makes a century as well. Looks like Higginson has had finally got that loss to Ronnie out of head.

Of course he could lose from 3-0 up and be back to square one rofl.

Postby Alpha

Should have given O'Sullivan's place to the number 25 on the order of merit to be honest. As for the man himself, who cares? Par for the course.

Postby Skullman

Alpha wrote:Should have given O'Sullivan's place to the number 25 on the order of merit to be honest. As for the man himself, who cares? Par for the course.

I think it was very short notice. We literally found out hours ago, and it would take time for Michael White to get over to Ireland.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

What more do you want? It was from his management company. Admittedly it was paraphrased, but the gist of the tweets was that he couldn't sit next to his friend on the plane and decided not to continue.

1. I need quotes from respectables sources
2. These tweets are serious accusations because they say indirectly that Ronnie is a faker and has a questionable character

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Alpha wrote:Should have given O'Sullivan's place to the number 25 on the order of merit to be honest. As for the man himself, who cares? Par for the course.

I think it was very short notice. We literally found out hours ago, and it would take time for Michael White to get over to Ireland.

No offense but I don't think White would have had a chance in match against Walden anyway

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

No offense but I don't think White would have had a chance in match against Walden anyway

At least deserved the chance to prove it. :shrug: Still what's done is done. We'll just have to put the whole incident out of our minds and try and enjoy the tournament.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

At least deserved the chance to prove it. :shrug: Still what's done is done. We'll just have to put the whole incident out of our minds and try and enjoy the tournament.

Of course but it's not like we are talking about Allen who would have had a realistic chance to win 70.000 grand ...

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:1. I need quotes from respectables sources
2. These tweets are serious accusations because they say indirectly that Ronnie is a faker and has a questionable character

Is his management company not respectable enough? Also in the next tweet they did mention that it was confirmed by his doctor that he is still suffering from the disease.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

Is his management company not respectable enough? Also in the next tweet they did mention that it was confirmed by his doctor that he is still suffering from the disease.

Give me quotes then we are talking. Also what Sonny wrote sounded like he wouldn't get on the plane only because he couldn't sit next to his friend ...

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Give me quotes then we are talking. Also what Sonny wrote sounded like he wouldn't get on the plane only because he couldn't sit next to his friend ...

Possibly wasn't the only reason, but he was well enough to board the plane.