Topic locked

PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wednedsay 14th of March - Sunday 18th of March at The Bailey Allen Hall,Galway, Ireland

So Last 16 and the Top 8 players in this seasons PTC Enter the compatition headed by UK Champion Judd Trump.

who will make the Quarter Finals ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:Higgins rofl another early exit for him in a ranking tournament...

I reckon he´ll also crash early in China and, like snooker overdrive said, will embarass himself at the Crucible.. The tendency this last few years with him defending the title is crashing out in the Last 16 of the Worlds, although he could have the easiest seeded player possible in Bingham, but stranger things have happened... Davis winning in 2010 springs to mind..

Losing to Davis and Bingham are two different things. At least Davis can regain his old form for one match and Davis can at least match Higgins in the safety department. Bingham can't.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Higgins rofl another early exit for him in a ranking tournament...

I reckon he´ll also crash early in China and, like snooker overdrive said, will embarass himself at the Crucible.. The tendency this last few years with him defending the title is crashing out in the Last 16 of the Worlds, although he could have the easiest seeded player possible in Bingham, but stranger things have happened... Davis winning in 2010 springs to mind..

Losing to Davis and Bingham are two different things. At least Davis can regain his old form for one match and Davis can at least match Higgins in the safety department. Bingham can't.

You´re right yeah.

Postby Skullman

Just watching the Woolaston-Ding match. Ben played fairly well, and pulled off some great pots, but made a few too many mistakes while amongst the balls. But it's strange how inconsistent Ding is. He played poorly in Haikou, but played really well today. Maybe he's coming into form at the right time of the season.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

You´re right yeah.

I generally am. ;-) Except in predicts. Really thought Higgins would find some form here. :-(

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just watching the Woolaston-Ding match. Ben played fairly well, and pulled off some great pots, but made a few too many mistakes while amongst the balls. But it's strange how inconsistent Ding is. He played poorly in Haikou, but played really well today. Maybe he's coming into form at the right time of the season.

persanally i thought ding was avarage at best today.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just watching the Woolaston-Ding match. Ben played fairly well, and pulled off some great pots, but made a few too many mistakes while amongst the balls. But it's strange how inconsistent Ding is. He played poorly in Haikou, but played really well today. Maybe he's coming into form at the right time of the season.

persanally i thought ding was avarage at best today.

Possibly. :shrug: Could be he had a opponent who gave too many chances, or maybe because I was watching it at six times normal speed. Still looked fairly good, and it's amazing an average Ding can still knock in two centuries and a 90+.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:Still looked fairly good, and it's amazing an average Ding can still knock in two centuries and a 90+.

He was far better than average. Wild doesn't bother to actually watch matches. He just looks at live scoring.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:Good win for Jamie Jones from 3-1 down against Higgins. Not many have done that.

Didn't Matt Selt do it from 4-1 down in Australia? It's obvious Higgins isn't playing near his best this season.

Postby Roland

JJ is a good player and Higgins was looking good in the Welsh which was the last time I saw him. He is on the slide I'd say but that doesn't mean he's not capable of winning tournaments.

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:JJ is a good player and Higgins was looking good in the Welsh which was the last time I saw him. He is on the slide I'd say but that doesn't mean he's not capable of winning tournaments.

I'm not saying JJ is bad. It's just that coming back against Higgins isn't the achievement it used to be.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Momentous occasion. Eurosport continues coverage of snooker instead of Alpine Skiing.

yes a moment to relish on. A good clearance from Lee steals Michael the fourth frame, 3-1 to Lee.. shouuld win it from here

Postby Roland

I'd need to see the match. JJ plays with a lot of fire in his belly so I'm assuming he stayed positive and made Higgins work for it.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:I'd need to see the match. JJ plays with a lot of fire in his belly so I'm assuming he stayed positive and made Higgins work for it.

He did, but Higgins also made far too many mistakes, and should have won 4-2 I think.. It´s all history now

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

You´re right yeah.

I generally am. ;-) Except in predicts. Really thought Higgins would find some form here. :-(

It not sure if Bingham will beat him but he way he's playing currently it won't take an miraculous performance to beat him although Higgins will make it tougher in the Crucible.

Postby Roland

Yes it may well "not be the achievement it used to be" but for someone like Jamie Jones it's still a great result.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:I'd need to see the match. JJ plays with a lot of fire in his belly so I'm assuming he stayed positive and made Higgins work for it.

Here is Jamie's assessment of his victory. http://soundcloud.com/moniquelimbos/ptcgfjamiejonesr1
Yes, you're exactly right. Actually, in many ways, Jamie did a Higgins on Higgins.
Last edited by Monique on 15 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

You´re right yeah.

It not sure if Bingham will beat him but he way he's playing currently it won't take an miraculous performance to beat him although Higgins will make it tougher in the Crucible.

If Higgins loses early it will be in the quarters or against one of the better qualifiers. Higgins will make it harder in the best of 19/25 as he is such a good matchplayer.