:gag: :bowdown:

Re: WHO WON THIS TINPOT EVENT ??

Postby Skullman

JIMO96 wrote:Semis:
Andrew Higginson - Ricky Walden 5:2
Mark Selby - Martin Gould 5:2

Final:
Mark Selby - Andrew Higginson 7:1

Good job Mark. :hatoff: Do you want to try something like that in a ranker next time? ;-)

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Don't you hate it when snooker players travel the world to play, no matter how prestigous the tournament? :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

:fart:

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:even in a Tinpot event Gould cant compete against anyone better than him

<doh> Well if they're better than him, of course Gould can't beat them.

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:even in a Tinpot event Gould cant compete against anyone better than him

<doh>

thats the kinda tripey response id expect from Simplefan

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

<doh>

I hate that guy. :grrr:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

<doh>

You Hate Yourself

Understandable <ok> :wave:

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

<doh>

You misspelt intelligent <ok>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

<doh>

You Hate Yourself

Understandable <ok> :wave:

yeh he hates himself so much he treats his mouth like a trash can and throws any old junk in it :gag:

Postby Wildey

I must say im slightly snake hissed off with players having time off after a gruelling few weeks and snake hissing off to play in nothing events or exhibitions.

i know the players in question arent the usuell moaning suspects but you got to use time off wisely because theres not going to be much in future.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby rofl :bowdown:

Well done Mark, I'm sure you played negative and bored your opponents with snooker.

rofl

or that

however he certainly tried his absolute hardest to win this thing

Postby Skullman

Victory is victory :shrug: When people say that Steve Davis has won the most professional tournaments, I think over half were tournaments like this. No one's saying that the HK Spring Trophy now means Selby moves up the list of GOAT contenders, but does mean that he's making winning a habit. Now he just has to do that in rankers. ;-)

Postby boris_the_butcher

Surely Selby plays too much snooker? which makes burnout more likely and judging by his yo-yo like performances in events that matter, that's what is going on. I know he's just got married so needs the reddies but TAKE A BREAK!
Last edited by boris_the_butcher on 09 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Victory is victory :shrug: When people say that Steve Davis has won the most professional tournaments, I think over half were tournaments like this. No one's saying that the HK Spring Trophy now means Selby moves up the list of GOAT contenders, but does mean that he's making winning a habit. Now he just has to do that in rankers. ;-)

correct <ok>

many of the events Steve won in the 80s were promotional events like these with Barry Hearn and a 14 year old James Wattana played in one in thailand as a wild card.

Postby Skullman

boris_the_butcher wrote:Surely Selby plays too much snooker? which makes burnout more likely and judging by his yo-yo like performances in events that matter, that's what is going on. I know he's just got married so needs the reddies but TAKE A BREAK!

:shrug: I dunno. I think a player can tell if they're burnt out and would take as break if they needed it. Plus all the entrants would have only been practicing anyway, so this way they can earn money and get some match practise. Sort of like the Championship League, only shorter.

BTW how come only Selby is getting slated for playing an invitational? Walden, Higginson and Gould also played and they didn't get any stick.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:Surely Selby plays too much snooker? which makes burnout more likely and judging by his yo-yo like performances in events that matter, that's what is going on. I know he's just got married so needs the reddies but TAKE A BREAK!

:shrug: I dunno. I think a player can tell if they're burnt out and would take as break if they needed it. Plus all the entrants would have only been practicing anyway, so this way they can earn money and get some match practise. Sort of like the Championship League, only shorter.

BTW how come only Selby is getting slated for playing an invitational? Walden, Higginson and Gould also played and they didn't get any stick.

but it shows how much traveling is possible in a season hes not doing all that badly despite the traveling compared to others that would moan just by crossing the irish sea

Postby Skullman

Did Selby play in a lot of invitationals abroad, before the new hectic seasons came in? That might explain why he's adapting to the travelling so easily.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:Victory is victory :shrug: When people say that Steve Davis has won the most professional tournaments, I think over half were tournaments like this. No one's saying that the HK Spring Trophy now means Selby moves up the list of GOAT contenders, but does mean that he's making winning a habit. Now he just has to do that in rankers. ;-)

correct <ok>

many of the events Steve won in the 80s were promotional events like these with Barry Hearn and a 14 year old James Wattana played in one in thailand as a wild card.

AND many were also events that were upgraded to ranking event status conveniently just in time for Hendry so he could overtake Davis ranking tally.

as far as im concerned Davis has the most ranking wins.

one things for sure he has the most pro titles whatever. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

correct <ok>

AND many were also events that were upgraded to ranking event status conveniently just in time for Hendry so he could overtake Davis ranking tally.

even with thoes invitationals that turned rankings hes short of hendry and you cant really call them rankings because some of the best players of the day ie Cliff Thorburn did not play in them because they were open to brits only.

Postby Wildey

at best Steve won 8 events during the 80s that at a push could be called forerunners of ranking events but its apt saying them on a thread about tin pots events :clap: :hatoff: <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

correct <ok>

even with thoes invitationals that turned rankings hes short of hendry and you cant really call them rankings because some of the best players of the day ie Cliff Thorburn did not play in them because they were open to brits only.

80 and 81 UK wins of Davis were not just open to UK players <doh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:at best Steve won 8 events during the 80s that at a push could be called forerunners of ranking events but its apt saying them on a thread about tin pots events :clap: :hatoff: <ok>

so Higgins 16-15 win over Davis in 83 was a tinpot win <doh>