Post a reply

SWSA 2012 Spring Snooker Festival

Postby Roland

The SWSA Spring Snooker Festival takes place this coming weekend from the South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester, featuring among others Team Snooker Island :D

The team consists of:

Kyren Wilson
Reanne Evans
Oliver Brown
Jake Frank (aka randam)
Ben Harrison

I will be updating progress of the event from Gloucester starting Friday 9th March on here and the official Snooker Island twitter page

There are also individual events going on and you can find the draw for the main Open event here

The list of teams can be found here

A full schedule of the weekend can be found here

Re: SWSA 2012 Spring Snooker Festival

Postby randam05

Casey wrote:You not playing for SI Sonny?

Anyway, looks like a very strong team.

Very strong team minus one, do you notice who? ;-)

Nah it should be superb, hopefully I can play aswell as I have been recently and im really excited now! Should be good.

Postby Roland

It should be a good experience for you, and I get the feeling at some point you'll bag us a needed win.

Postby randam05

Yeah the experience of playing on these tables is just amazing. Im getting more and more used to matchplay and have started bringing my practice game to the table.

But getting used to these tables again is going to be tricky!

Postby PLtheRef

Enjoy, I'm not going to be down there this weekend, but have a great time. SWSA is a brilliant venue. Reffed my first century there.

Postby Roland

More info on start times etc can be found here

http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com/ ... -Info.html

I thought I would be a lunchtime starter but as it turns out I'm 9:30am so that means I'm going down tomorrow night after work and staying in Gloucester. Looking forward to playing on the evil Star tables again because my game is in much better shape than it was last time.

Postby Roland

I'm playing in the individual event at 9:30am on Friday but I'll probably get my bottom kicked as my opponent is in an A team from another team. Jake is also playing at 9:30am so we can't watch each other, then Oli Brown is playing at 2pm and Ben and Reanne are playing at 4:45pm so they'll probably turn up later. The first round of the team event is 7:30pm. Any suggestions on order of team?

Postby Skullman

Wait the list says that Gareth Allen is in the team and that Reanne is in the West Midlands team. Is that a mistake or have you been secretly ditched?

Postby Roland

Also that's Ryan Evans, not Reanne Evans :redneck:

I don't think she's had a sex change although if she did that's a logical new name

Postby Skullman

OK. For the record both Ryan and Reanne are in the list. Ryan is number 80 and Reanne is 117, and they are both listed as West Midlands. Probably just an old list though :redneck:

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:I'm playing in the individual event at 9:30am on Friday but I'll probably get my bottom kicked as my opponent is in an A team from another team. Jake is also playing at 9:30am so we can't watch each other, then Oli Brown is playing at 2pm and Ben and Reanne are playing at 4:45pm so they'll probably turn up later. The first round of the team event is 7:30pm. Any suggestions on order of team?

My suggestion would be

Reanne,
Jake,
Oliver
Kyren
Ben

Postby Roland

You wouldn't play me? :-(

It's gotta be strength at the back, or am I bluffing for any teams that may be reading?

Postby randam05

Im happy if im not on last! Dont want to be playing for the match!

Thanks for the wishes. Anyone heard of this Martin Reay I have drawn in the Open singles tournament?

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Shame we can't watch each other - what's the format do you know?

Well if one finishes early. And no im not too sure Sonny. Good question!

Best of 5's? Or best of 7's?

I reckon best of 5

Postby Roland

Yes I was guessing best of 5 or 7s. Obviously hope it's best of 7s for the prelim round then back to best of 3s for the rest :-)

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:You wouldn't play me? :-(

It's gotta be strength at the back, or am I bluffing for any teams that may be reading?

Any consolation I wouldnt play me either Sonny.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Best of luck to all involved. Wish I were there with the camera...

im sure they glad your not ;-)

good luck team Snooker Island

Grab them by the throat and squeeze life out of them.....as a team Run by Sonny i expect a bit of Psychological play going on you know the thing Ebdonesque..

Come on Win it for us :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: