Topic locked

Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

Monday 27th of February - Sunday 4th of March in Haikou, Hainan Island,China

The Final and it Brings together Northern Ireland's Mark Allen and England's Stephen Lee.

Stephen will be going for his 5th Ranking Win the First for 6 years and Mark going for his First win.

Who will Prevail over 19 frames ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby hendry_fan

Sorry for goin off topic ,but ,...............Wild,or anyone for that matter,.....

I was chattin with a freind who is a Ronnie Fan and i told him that Ronnie did,nt even bover to take part in this tourney.

As i did,nt follow much from the start can anyone tell me why he did,nt!.

And can anyone tell me what "scr" means? ,......"Ronnie O'Sullivan scr Tom Ford"

Would be appreciated!. :-)

Postby Roland

scratched, and Ronnie didn't take part because we all know he's not the best traveller, is playing in the China Open anyway and could afford to miss this event rankingswise after doing well recently in previous events.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:scratched, and Ronnie didn't take part because we all know he's not the best traveller, is playing in the China Open anyway and could afford to miss this event rankingswise after doing well recently in previous events.

And because he's ill in the first place Sonny. It's not fake and you know it. Yes he played in the German Masters and the Welsh despite illness because he really needed the points. But no player will put his World Championship at jeopardy if they can do something about it.

Postby hendry_fan

Sonny wrote:scratched, and Ronnie didn't take part because we all know he's not the best traveller, is playing in the China Open anyway and could afford to miss this event rankingswise after doing well recently in previous events.

Thanks Sonny!. :wine: <ok>

I was thinking wtf does "scr" mean,i,d never had come up with "scratched". <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:

And because he's ill in the first place Sonny. It's not fake and you know it. Yes he played in the German Masters and the Welsh despite illness because he really needed the points. But no player will put his World Championship at jeopardy if they can do something about it.

My goooooodness Monique!,you were mighty quick to pounce on Sonny there!!!!. ;-) <laugh>

You,d probably do anything to stick up for your beloved Ron!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby Monique

Skullman wrote:His 'glandular fever' was acting up, so decided to give China, his favourite place in the world, a miss. And there was that lovely 30hr flight he missed.

Traveling is certainly not his favourite thing to do and I'm pretty sure he's not too sorry to have missed a 30 hours flight. But the glandular fever is real. I'm also pretty sure that he is not overly disappointed to have missed the German Chef (in the hotel there) own brand of nouvelle cuisine. By all accounts it is pretty horrible. On that at least Allen certainly had a point ;-)

Postby Monique

hendry_fan wrote:
Monique wrote:

My goooooodness Monique!,you were mighty quick to pounce on Sonny there!!!!. ;-) <laugh>

Not more than you about your beloved Hendry, or Sonny about his beloved Selby ;-)

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Monique wrote:

Not more than you about your beloved Hendry, or Sonny about his beloved Selby ;-)

"Not more than you about your beloved Hendry, or Sonny about his beloved Selby ;-)"

Yep,you,re PROBABLY right for once there Monique!. ;-) <laugh>

I just found it very funny,cause as soon as sonny wrote his bit about why Ron did,nt take part,you suddenly came from nowhere and pounced on him like a hungry lion!. rofl

Postby Roland

He wouldn't have gone without glandular fever and Monique knows it!

I say in his position it's fair play, you can now pick and choose which events to play in to keep yourself fresh. I don't remember Ronnie using it as an excuse, only his spin doctors.

Postby Andre147

Just hope Ronnie stays fit for Ireland has he´ll have a good chance there.. then maybe go out 1st or 2nd round in china as he usually does, to prepare himself for the Worlds..

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

How do we know it? He pulls out of so many tournaments. Let's just say this time it's true, how about the many other times he's pulled out?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:

How do we know it? He pulls out of so many tournaments. Let's just say this time it's true, how about the many other times he's pulled out?

This time we know it´s true because he had it during Germany, won that event anyway, but still felt it during the welsh... maybe he didnt want to jeaoperdise his situation by going to Haikou, but yes he hates the travelling anyway so probably wouldnt go even if he hadnt been ill...... youre right when you say there has been other times it was not true, like in Germany last season or many other overseas events...

He has just got this stage of his career where he wants to pick the events he plays on, and more often than not he skipps those outside of the UK..

Postby Andre147

but this situation of skipping overseas events isnt new with him of course, he has been doing it since probably after the 2002/2003 season... before he used to play in every one of them, but for some reason he started hating the travelling, and started making up some excuses not to go to those events... Not saying those were all false, but I bet a large majority of them were

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Ronnie says:

so that's not a PR machine and those are his actual words are they?

Yehrite!

<laugh>

Those are certainly not his actual words. I'm sure it's been "filtered" by Paul or Django. But even if it's PR, which it surely is, it's put in public and nobody forced him to do it.

I have no doubts that he will pick and choose events, as he said after the Masters. But he never said he would skip Chinese events more than others, that's the point of this PR, and I don't think he will. I think - and that's just an opinion - that he will skip in priority those events abroad with poor financial reward and not too much ranking points. So most of the EPTCs, almost certainly Australia, and probably one or two asian events but certainly not all of them.
Last edited by Monique on 03 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Much like nobody forced Mark Allen to apologise for his "ignorant people" tweet

He said that he wanted to play on his own account. He said that he would pick and choose. But he didn't mention China specifically. That was the BBC journos interpretation and the goal of this PR was to correct that.

Postby vodkadiet

boris_the_butcher wrote:haha the final thread is all about O'Sullivan, everyone loves talking about him. He's got you all under a spell.

hendry fan started it!!!